Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

Purchasing CDJ900's tomorrow, what to expect?...

Just sold my 1000MK3's today, I'm leaning towards the 900's mainly because of price point, I've heard some myths (I hope) about the 900's being of cheap quality and not reliable as the 2000's or even the 1000MK3's. I don't want to spend all this money and end up with something thats only going to last me 4-5 years.

Pioneer give me some positive feedback I know they've only been around for a year or so.

I will be using Serato SL3 with these, how is the accuracy? how well does the CDJ900 interact with Serato.

Thanks.  from a long time CDJ user.

Roy (SOUNDWAVE)

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

4 commenti

They've been out for almost 2 years now and they're holding up great, they're only cheap in price in comparison to the 2000's; the have the same reliable build and quality.

The players should last you 4-5 years but given Moore's law, it will be much sooner than that when you wish to upgrade as technology in this industry is just changing so fast it's hard for anyone to keep up!

The accuracy with HID mode in Scratch Live is bang-on.  The Serato team did a fantastic job of setting-up the HID control -- I'm no turntablist but I can't tell the difference between a control CD and HID mode... except for when it comes to the extras like the display.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Roy - I'll vouch for the CDJ900 after having had them for over 6 months now. Great piece of kit, easily comparible to the quality of the CDJ2000. Yes, there are things that I miss not having on the 900 compared to the 2000 (colour screen, hot cues etc), but nothing that is a desperate "need".

That said, one of the advantages to the CDJ900 is Slip Mode, which can be advantageous if you're a scratcher.....!

shortSTACK 0 voti

Thanks for clearing that up! now a couple more questions 1. if I'm at a gig using serato via through HID and I want to switch to using a USB stick can I do so without the need of the RCA's or do I have to plug RCA's into the mixer?

1. I noticed the boxes of the 900's and 2000's changed (from original white box with black and red lettering and the other Red box with black graphics) are they different versions or just updated boxes??
Roy (SOUNDWAVE) 0 voti

For multi-source use, here's my suggested connection scenario:

Left CDJ:

• RCA (or digital) to Mixer CH1

• USB to Computer

Right CDJ:

• RCA (or digital) to Mixer CH4

• USB to Computer

SL Box:

• RCA Deck 1 Output to Mixer CH2

• RCA Deck 2 Output to Mixer CH3

• USB to Computer

That way if you're playing Serato sources, they're CH2/CH3 but the CDJs are direct to CH1/CH4.

Pulse 0 voti