Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ 2000 Linking & Serato

I use two 2000's with Serato in native mode and it works perfect! On a gig this past weekend. Someone needed a couple of tracks played off a jump drive. I put it in deck one, hit the USB button the tracks showed and would play fine on deck one. However, I couldn't get deck two to see the USB on deck one. So I couldn't mix tracks off the one USB drive. I do have the decks hooked together via a cat 5 cable. How do I link the decks to see the USB drive on both decks? Can I use both serato native mode and a linked USB drive? Is there a way to jump between both serato native and a USB drive? Thanks for your time with this question. Cheers, Brian.

Brian Latocha

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

9 commenti

@Brian > If you have the decks correctly linked, then yes, you should be able to browse the tracks from a linked USB drive.  Be sure that each player has a unique ID number and that the cable is seated properly.

If you have player 1 in HID control mode and you're trying to link player 2 to player 1's USB, that won't work, but besides, you can pull the USB stick out of player 1 and pop it into player 2 anyhow.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

"If you have player 1 in HID control mode and you're trying to link player 2 to player 1's USB, that won't work"

what do you mean by this Pulse? I do this all the time. i have both decks hooked up to serato via HID (usb cables to a hub).

and also have usb drive in player 1, and i'm able to play tracks off usb on player 2 without any problems.

DubLN 0 voti

Aha!  They must have updated that because it didn't do that originally ... I guess I haven't tested that in forever!  Thanks DubLN!

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks guys for your replies. My setup is a 57 hooked up direct to my mac. And two CDJ 2000's to a USB hub to the mac. Both running Serato in HID mode perfect.
DubLN, what do I need to do to run Serato with the CDJ's in HID mode. And switch to use a USB drive in player one with player two reading/playing from player one? Any directions would be great.
Thanks for your time.

Brian Latocha 0 voti

@Brian > If you've got the CDJs connected via USB, to use HID mode simply press the LINK button and it may appear on the first screen, if not, you may see an option to connect to the PC or HID from there.

As for linking the players, connect a LINK cable between the players and then to access the USB from player 1 on player 2, press the LINK button, then press the BACK button and you should then see "PLAYER 1" as an optional source.

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse, Thanks for your help. After calling Pioneer Tech Support today. I had everything hookup correct. But the Player 1 and Player 2 icons on each deck we're shaded out. 

The Cat 5 cable on one deck wasn't in all the way. Which fix my problem. 

Now Serato and a USB drive both run perfect together! Love the 2000's and how they work with everything. 

Thanks again. Brian

Brian Latocha 0 voti

The ability to be able to use Link whilst also using the decks in HID with Serato is very cool.  You're essentially gaining a aecond pair of CDJs (or however many you are using!) because if you use the digital output and feed that into other channels on the mixer, you can play and mix another track.  Pretty sick as long as you can keep your mind wrapped around which source is playing on which deck and on which channel... :)

Mark90 0 voti

I am having a similar problem... on my MacBook pro deck 1 works fine in HID mode but deck 2 recognizes the music but won't perform. Heeeellllllppppp!!!!

Rodney DjRc Henderson 0 voti

@Rodney > Please start your own thread and provide as much detail as possible, eg. software / firmware versions.

Pulse 0 voti