Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

CDJ 900s and Traktor Audio 6 Sound card

I have been having an issue with my CDJs working with my sound card.  I have 2 CDJ 900s and a DJM 800 Mixer and an Audio 6 sound card.  Recently in the middle of my mixes my songs will all of a sudden sound like they are being played through a completely blown speaker. (the speakers aren't blown I checked) Am I using the wrong sound card? Should I be using an Audio 4 sound card? And I am pretty sure it is the sound card because I went to spin at this club with CDJ 1000s and when I was setting up I had the same problem and couldn't spin that night and all I bring from my set up at home is my sound card, my laptop, and my time code CDs to spin at clubs.  Im pretty sure I have everything set up right too, CDJs to sound card with RCAs then Sound card to mixer with RCAs and the sound card is USB to my laptop and i have my timecode CDs in the CDJs.  Please let me know what I should do.  

Brandon Guerra

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

8 commenti

@ Brandon Guerra > It sounds like you have everything connected correctly, but refer to your user manual for Traktor just to be sure. It could very well be the sound card itself. I previously had an issue with an Audio 8 where every time I tried to record, the audio would come through at an extremely low volume and I would have to max out my mixer just to reach a decent level to record! If the case is the sound card, you should get hold of NI immediately. 

Foster 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Me to I have the same probIem.I have same CDJ-900 and Audio 6 sound card i have the timecode CDs

Danielmixx 0 voti

@Danielmixx > As I mentioned above, if you have everything connected properly and are still having the issue, or if you've tried this with a different pair of decks and still have the issue, you should contact NI immediately as it would probably be the Audio 6 that is the problem.

Foster 0 voti

It's certainly not the CDJs causing the problem, it's likely a configuration or interface problem.

Pulse 0 voti

it is a problem with your software or the soundcard.

i had this problem with Torq and with Traktor a few times. It didnt matter what latency setting I had. basically the audio data gets corrupted between the soundcard and the comouter.. as if its out of data sync.. sounding like the audio is distorted very badly.. (kinda cool sound actually.. like crunch!)

up dating your drivers and software to the latest should sort this.. but if it happens again you might want to try the ASIO drivers instead.

But wait.... why dont you use the soundcard built into the CDJ900.. and ditch the control cd's.. and use MIDI instead... its like a million times better ;-)

leave the Audio 8 at home, and the control CD's in the wallet where they belong.

Jared 0 voti

Hey , yea it was the software  just need  to update everything to the latest and it works perfect, thanks

Danielmixx 0 voti

Strangely enough.. this happened to me again last night!

For some reason Traktor wont work with the Audio interface in the CDJ900's again, so I had to use the old M-audio soundcard. Its a piece of junk. I had to modify it so it doesnt stop working every time someone hits a light switch! 

I thought it was odd that I hadnt had this problem for so long.. then it happens just a day after talking about it! weird!

Jared 0 voti

Yea i have been using them as MIDI for now with just a straight usb to my computer from both of them, but what happens when I need to spin at a club (which I havent been able to because of this problem) with their own set of CDJs and i have to use my audio 6 with the time code cds...I will try updating my software though 

Brandon Guerra 0 voti