Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

Jitter.

It has a name!

Jitter.

Thank you for the update, Pulse.  We wait.  I still have my Serato / Serato-HID 'workaround' but those modes still pale in comparison to RB + Pro Link!

Mark90

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

38 commenti

Hi guys, 

to be honest I am scared to death... They're talking about 'reducing' the Jitter and not 'taking it off completely'... Should we understand that the issue will never be completely fixed? Could it be a hardware problem? I find it hard to believe that one year after the product is in the market and several firmwares upgrades we still cannot match the mk3 with MT on. I am seriously considering selling the 2000s to buy back mk3s and have them work with Serato. Obvisouly I would have to take a hit moneywise. Have some of you made this difficult choice already?

Cheers

Nico

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hello Nico,

Who said that Jitter is gonna be reduced ??

I know there are only two choices. Either fix it or not fix it.

Reduce means not fixed.

Take care 

Dimitris

Dream Treez 0 voti

_Pulse said:

"_Note from the engineers:

Thank you for pointing out this issue.

We confirmed the Jitter is happening when MT is ON with the track pointed in this thread.

This Jitter does not happen under particular condition and varies depending on the genre of the track and settings of Tempo.

We investigated many tracks in different genres.

We are working on improvements to have this Jitter reduced right now.

Please give us more time to improve this.

Again, thank you for your understanding. 

We appreciate your patience. 

"

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

Exactly - Pioneer will always say they are improving it, no more no less, so you can't read into it, just let them do their work and hopefully fix it.

And Nicolas:  Your post doesn't make sense - why get mk3's and use Serato?  Just use Serato with your 2000's - that way MT is not a problem, as the  Serato software/box deals with the audio.  There's no reason whatsoever to get rid of your 2000s.

Mark90 0 voti

Thanks Mark90, can you confirm that using Serato box we will not experiment the jitter at all? That would be a very good news to me

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

100% confirmed.

When using Serato, using either control discs or in HID mode to directly control Serato, the CDJs do not process any of the music themselves, so there is no Jitter effect.  It's one of the reasons I bought an SL2, so I can continue to use my CDJs to record demos whilst preserving the ability to mix in key with confidence.  Needless to say, once Jitter is fixed, my Serato box will be used a lot less!

Mark90 0 voti

Awesome thks! Maybe I can ask Pioneer to finance the purchase of my Serato as I have to buy it because of a faulty product?! ;-)

Nicolas Schmitz 0 voti

Issues are being addressed as necessary. Don't get hung up on the wording - Pioneer's aim is to ensure their products are number one for a reason.

Gavin 0 voti