Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Waveforms taking ages to load?

When I first started using my 2000's my waveforms loaded within a few seconds for 7/8 minute track. Now they're taking ages!!?? Tried using both a kingston 32GB stick and seagate HD. If I pause a track it doesn't carry on loading the waveform either?

Richie Barthez

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

36 commenti

Also seems to stop loading the waveform completely if I do a loop.

Richie Barthez 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Are you analyzing the tracks in Rekordbox and exporting them to the drive?

Vecchiarelli 0 voti

Yep all prepared in Rekordbox. Waveforms used to load in about 20 seconds. No they don't load at all!

Richie Barthez 0 voti

It is strange that they took 20 seconds to load before.  I keep around 1000 WAV files on my drive and the waveforms load instantaneously.  If the track has all 10 Cue points filled it might take a little less than 2 seconds to load.  Are you using VBR MP3's?  Perhaps your database has been corrupted.  You should try reformatting your drives twice to FAT32 and then re-export the tracks from Rekordbox in small batches to see if it corrects the issue.

Vecchiarelli 0 voti

Hmmm... What are the read and write speeds for your drives?  20 seconds for a waveform to load is not normal.

Vecchiarelli 0 voti

@Richie Barthez > It sounds like your CDJ's are having to analyze the tracks themselves when you load the track. You should try exporting some tracks from Rekordbox to an additional USB device and see if that device loads the waveforms within  seconds of selecting the track. If this works, then somehow your drive is not locating the Rekordbox data on your drive and you will need to re-export your tracks from Rekordbox onto your USB device.

Please reply here with how everything turns out after you try a different USB device.

Thanks,

Foster 

Foster 0 voti

@Richie > if I remember correctly from an earlier thread you tried relocating your database. Is this the relocated database files you are using? Perhaps you didn't transfer correctly...?

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin No this is still using my original Library.  I havent used the library on the new mac due to playlists not having content. Please can you reply to my topic in the Rekordbox forum also.

Cheers! Not having much fun with Rekordbox right now

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Richie > Sorry, it doesn't actually sound like you're taking the correct path to preparing your content in Rekordbox... it seems to me that instead of exporting your music to a USB drive, you're only importing the music to the Rekordbox library, letting it analyse, then taking that same source drive to the CDJ where it has no waveform data and has to build it.

If you had exported the files from Rekordbox, the waveforms would appear INSTANTLY, not within 7-8 seconds.

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse. Well the music is already in my Rekordbox library. I then exported the playlists to a brand new newly formatted USB thumb drive and hdd. As I mentioned in my first post they used to load pretty quickly now they either don't load or take forever to appear.

It was fine last week. The sooner Pioneer sort out Rekordbox the better, it's like Fisher Price Software!

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Richie > Are you certain they were exported to the device?  If they were, as I noted, they should load instantly - not even 3 seconds to load.  With an MP3 from a USB device or CD -- devices NOT exported from Rekordbox, it would build the waveform in realtime and stop when you pause the track.  With CD-audio, it builds at roughly 6x and will even build-ahead if you're not playing the track.

I have kids, this is nothing like Fisher Price software.

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse 200% Sure. They worked before!

I followed all the guides and I exported all my playlists one by one to both devices. Never had a problem before. I've never even tried to play tracks without analysing in rekordbox first.

I will have to try and format both devices and start all over again.

I have two daughters! Rekordbox just doesn't seem very stable! Maybe it's because I'm using Lion?

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Richie, I don't know what is "Lion" that you are using.

However if you export your tracks from RB to a USB stick or SD Card, for sure the waveform will load instantly.

Maybe you should look a little bit at your USB stick and HDD.

Something that you do is not right.

If waveform delays to load and all your tracks are exported correctly from RB, something is wrong.

Dream Treez 0 voti

Lion is the newer operating system Apple uses and that's not why it is not stable, It wasn't stable on Snow Leopard either  :)

BriChi 0 voti

@DreemTreez What's weird is how both CDJ's are taking ages to load the wave forms. The issue is with both the USB stick and the Seagate HDD and it started at the same time. If it was one device I could blame that particular one.

I'm gonna try exporting one playlist to a separate usb stick tonight and I'll see what happens with the waveforms on that.

@BriChi that's interesting to know.

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Richie > Lion would not be the issue.

As I posted earlier...  It sounds like your CDJ's are having to analyze the tracks themselves when you load the track. You should try exporting some tracks directly from Rekordbox to an additional USB device and see if that device loads the waveforms instantly. If this works, then somehow your device is not locating the Rekordbox data on your drive and you will need to re-export your tracks from Rekordbox onto your USB device.

Just to clarify if others are having issues: to export properly you should select all the tracks you wish to export in your "Collection", or select the individual "Playlist" folder in your playlists, right click and roll over "Export Tracks" or "Export Playlist" then mouse over and click the device you wish to export to.

Please reply here with how everything turns out after you try this on a different or reformatted USB device.

Thanks,

Foster

Foster 0 voti

OK folks this is the deal...

Formatted both my 32GB USB stick and my 1TB HDD (FAT)

* Went into my Rekordbox library, right clicked on a playlist and selected export - did this to both drives.

* Plugged USB stick into one CDJ and the HDD into the other CDJ

* All exported playlists show correctly on each player.

* Waveforms don't show at all and take ages to load again.

So what gives??? It must be a corrupt Rekordbox library then ?

Richie Barthez 0 voti

Entirely possible that it's to do with a bad database on your Rekordbox side.  When you load the tracks within the Rekordbox player, do they load instantly?

Pulse 0 voti

Yep they load in about 1 second.

I've since tried a restore of my database, a reformat and loading the music back on my hdd. Still same issue with waveforms. Quantize light is also greyed out on CDJ's when playing from Rekordbox. 4 beat loop is also way off which is a sign that's it's only sending the music to the drive.

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Richie > A simple "Restore" of your database might not be all you need; there are also hidden Pioneer folders which contain the waveform data and that info may not match the database and should also be removed.  Once you've done that, re-analyse the tracks.

Pulse 0 voti

Looking forward to an answer that works for this!

Richie Barthez 0 voti

@Pulse, I've done what you suggested but where can I access the hidden Pioneer Folders as you've described further up the thread?

Richie Barthez 0 voti

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Vista: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

Within that folder is a PIONEER folder and inside that is the USBANLZ folder.  Try deleting it and re-analyse your files within Rekordbox.

Pulse 0 voti

After hours of messing I've finally got it cracked just by leaving my selecting all 14,000 tracks reanalyzing them all again and re-exporting the whole lot! Thanks for your help.

All I need to do now is finalise the migration of the whole library to my MacBookPro. Think Gavin is on this now...

Richie Barthez 0 voti

I did the above and lost all my waveforms and bpms... wonderful... now what ?

Mark 0 voti

@Mark > Re-analyse your tracks and replace the missing data.

Pulse 0 voti