Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[CLOSED] Help needed!! Cant get new cdj's working with traktor.

Hi Guys, hope you can help..

i have been using traktor scrath with my technics 1210's and djm600 for some time now with no problems.

Recently i purchased a new set of CDJ350's and djm350 and was hoping it would be a case of just swapping things over....

I cant seem to get it working properly though and there doesnt seem to be a definate manual on setting it up?

After much reading i realised i needed to download a midi mapping file for the mixer. I have done this.

Firmware update is also up to date.

ON the pioneer site it also says you need to run CDJ aggregator. i have downloaded this but nothing shows up in the program?

The left cdj is working slightly, i can press play, use the jog wheel and change the pitch, but the right havd deck doesnt do anything.

Am i making any school boy errors here?!

Matt McShane

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

33 commenti

THanks for the help Pulse.  I downloaded the file and followed it to the letter!

So I now know that the usb cable needs to be plugged in each deck and into the laptop.

Does this mean:

• The Audio 10 soundcard is now not needed as the decks are plugged in now?

I now know that you have to press the computer butter and CONTROL comes up. I have a few functions, but not all of them. For instance I can:

• Scroll through the lists in TRAKTOR,(although it skips 1 track everytime)

But I cant play the track i have selected? Do I:

• Need the Traktor controller disk in the cd player - i do at the moment but nothing happens?

I have lots more questions, but thought i would ask these first!  Any help would be great!!

Matt McShane 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Matt > You have the choice of either using the Audio10 or the CDJs.  Using the Audio10 offers the simplicity of not having to create an aggregate soundcard from the two CDJs, but using the CDJs allows you to do away with the extra box and cables.

If it's skipping tracks (jumping lines) you may need to check that you don't have duplicate entries for the scroll action within the controller settings.

You don't require the Traktor CD as the communication is direct from the player to the software over USB using HID/MIDI.

Pulse 0 voti

HI Pulse thanks for answering my questions - i'm standing here pulling my hair out wondering why i ever changed to cdj's!!

Anyway!

For the time being i will get rid of the Audio 10 and try and use the sound cards in the cdj's.

I'm still nowhere near getting this working properly though. I did get a few things working on the cdj's, but most things didnt work (play, reloop exit button exit), but since turning on the computer again, none of these functions work.

Also when i play each track in traktor, the sound is only going through channel 1 on the deck.  I heard this is because i need to aggregaite them - i thought i had done this?

I have taken a few snaps of the screen to show you, to see if i have the settings incorrect.  Its weird as i can select 3 different pioneer options in the audio setup?

When i pick the Pioneer cdj one (not the pioneer cdj350, i get pioneer option in the output decks A and B) but i'm not sure what to pick?! 

Matt McShane 0 voti

SUCCESS!!! well sort of i now have most things working.  I reinstalled the midi file PIONEER_CDJ-350.tsi and now have functions on the cdj. 

I still have both cdj's coming out of the one channel though?  is this an easy fix?

Also it just crashed on me and i had to reinstall the midi file.  Is there any way i can staore it so it works everytime?

cheers matt

Matt McShane 0 voti

@Matt > In Picture 2, you will need to select the Aggregate device that you created in the CDJ Aggregator Utility or in the Audio MIDI setup. It looks like it would be the "Pioneer CDJ" option if that is the one you created.

Picture 1

Output Deck A

L: 1. Front Left

R: 2. Front Right

Output Deck B

L: 3. Pioneer CDJ Out 2

R: 4. Pioneer CDJ Out 3

Make sure you use the setup wizard and select the PIONEER_CDJ-350.tsi and that should work if you just leave your settings from there. I believe if you have the opportunity to shut it down properly, Traktor will re-open with those same settings.

Foster 0 voti

Finally got round to doing what you said Foster and sucess!

EVrything now seems to be working!! just a few thing s that arent.

Does anyone know if its easy to map the 'master' and 'sync' features on trakto to the buttons that arent used on the cdj's 'playlist' and 'BPM Lock'

Thanks a lot for your help 

Matt McShane 0 voti

@Matt > Glad you got it working.

Traktor should actually transition the Master and Slave of decks as you use them back and forth. It's not necessary to assign it in my opinion. As for the "Sync" I would also recommend you try beat matching on your own without using the Sync button. But if it's necessary to have so you can do other things with the time you save, you can go into the Traktor Preferences > Controller Manager, and select the first CDJ-350 in the "Device" section. Then click the "Control" tab under the "Assignment Table" to organize everything alphabetically. Scroll to the one titled "Sync" (if there even is one already), select it and delete it. Then click the top tab titled "Mapped To" and find the one titled "BPM Lock" (again, only if one is preset), and delete that one as well. Now you are going to want to "Add In" scroll to "Tempo" and select "Sync". Then under the "Device Mapping" select where it says "n/a" and choose the "BPM Lock".

Once you have completed that, your "BPM Lock" should only control the "Sync" feature within Traktor on the 1 CDJ-350. Then you have to go and select your other CDJ-350 at the top, and redo everything again for it.

If you really want to set the "Master" control, just do the same thing, but switch the titles from "Sync" to "Master" and from "BPM Lock" to "Playlist". But I personally wouldn't change any of the settings in it. ;)

Hopefully that should work, but let me know if you have any troubles.

Foster 0 voti

sorted!

Next question!!

What is it called when you press the space bar and you see more of the list, i need to map this as well!

cheers

Matt McShane 0 voti

I believe you're looking for "Layout >> Only Browser Toggle".

Pulse 0 voti

HI Guys me again!! Me and my flatmate both bought a set of decks, ive unplugged his and plugged mine in and although all the midi controls work, Deck B will only play out of one speak, whilst Deck A plays form both.  Any ideas what i may be doing wrong?

Matt McShane 0 voti

Yes; you need to configure your audio setup.  You're on a Mac, you need to configure an aggregate device.   Download the aggregate tool from here and then configure your output within Traktor properly so each virtual deck is output to the correct hardware output.

Pulse 0 voti

hi guys.. i have got my cdj connected up but the tracks are playing right they keep jumping or stopping with out me pushing the play pause button.. any ideas??

Philip Davison 0 voti

@Philip > Which CDJs are you using?  If it's the CDJ2000, you have to change the HID mode from ADVANCED to NORMAL.

Pulse 0 voti

i am using the cdj 350s.. and also when i am using the decks not all the controls move on my laptop the high,mid and low

Philip Davison 0 voti

@Philip > You know that the CDJs don't have any controls mapped to the mixer portion of the software, right?

Pulse 0 voti

I do now. But still having problems connecting my cdj 350 and mixer up.. it just keeps jumping and the songs stop playing.. i have used the videos on youtube and info and went and put all the correct settings in to connect them. My friend says to try serato scratch live but im getting nowere with any of this.. You have any clue on what im doing wrong?

Philip Davison 0 voti

Its ok now i got it sorted now, was version 2.1.2. I just needed to adjust the buffer. But at times when i connect i have to reconnect my 350s to my laptop twice to get the scratch effect working.. is there a problem with that or the way i have connected do you know?

Philip Davison 0 voti

@Philip > when you say scratch effect do you mean the jog wheel (set to Yinyl)?

Gavin 0 voti

yeh sometimes that doesnt work so i have to reconnect it..

Philip Davison 0 voti

@Phillip > As for the scratch, I noticed that as well - the mapping is set correctly (hence it works sometimes) and with a MIDI monitor running, there's no change in the signal being sent TO the software so that means it's a glitch in the software.  I'll point it out to the engineers and maybe they can get NI to investigate.

Pulse 0 voti

Thats ok.. let me know what they come back with if you can.. thanks for the help

Philip Davison 0 voti

@Philip > Wow, I don't know how I missed responding to this but if you're still watching this thread and are still having problems, here's what the engineers said:

The following steps are the workaround when the Jog does not work. Please follow the instructions below. 

[Steps] 

1. If a Loop is set, press the RELOOP button to activate the Loop. 

If a Loop is not set, set a Loop. 

2. Press the LOOP IN button. Turn the Platter to check the behavior. 

3-1. If you can scratch, you can use it as it is. 

3-2. If you cannot scratch, press the VINYL MODE button. Then, turn the Platter to check the behavior. 

4-1. If you can scratch after the Step 3-2, you can use it as it is. 

4-2. If you cannot scratch even after the Step 3-2, press the VINYL MODE button. Then, press the LOOP IN button. Turn the Platter to check the behavior. 

5-1. If you can scratch after the Step 4-2, you can use it as it is. 

5-2. If you cannot scratch even after the Step 4-2, press the VINYL MODE button. Then, turn the Platter to check the behavior. 

6-1. If you can scratch after the Step 5-2, you can use it as it is. 

6-2. If you cannot scratch even after the Step 5-2, please post your “unsuccessful” comment on this thread.

We think this method could be a temporary workaround. If your Platter does not work as intended even after trying these steps, please let us know. Such input would be a great help for the engineers to sort out this issue.

Pulse 0 voti

Hi Gavin, do you know how i can change the Traktor Tempo from Absolute to Relative for my CDJ 900

Marv 0 voti

hi! my tacks keep stopping on there own and every time i try to anlyise my music it gets half way through and stops! try again and find i have even more tracks to anylize! help

Ben Heron 0 voti