Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

[SOLVED] CDJ 900's wont Link with each other

Hi everyone,

Just got a pair of CDJ 900's last week everything is working great except for the link feature.

I'm just trying to the CDJ's together to use a single USB stick, I've formatted the USB to Fat32, I've tried both the Ethernet cables that came with the CDJ's, I've unplugged everything & tried it again & again, and the CDJ refuses to see the other USB stick , to top it off I've tried different USB sticks to see of anything works & still nothing.

Am I missing something or Is my set faulty?

thanks

Matt

Matt Jones

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

19 commenti

@Matt > Are the players set to automatic or manual player numbering?  If manual, they may each have the same player number and thus not link.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

they where set to automatic first but there currently at manual deck 1 & deck 2, so not that I guess...

Matt Jones 0 voti

If go to Utilities / Link Status, its says "Not Select/Not Connected"'

Matt Jones 0 voti

If they're manually selected to 1 and 2, that's fine - they should communicate provided everything else is working properly.  Can you try a cable that was not provided with the CDJs and ensure it's seated properly?

Pulse 0 voti

@Matt> I don't mean to butt in on Pulse helping you; and this is just a simple question as I know someone who made this mistake before. Did you set the unit with the USB device to the "USB" mode, and the other CDJ to the "LINK" mode?

Foster 0 voti

Right tried an ethernet cale that didnt come with the CDJ's & its working!

thank you for that Pulse..

& thanks Foster...

I guess i got a couple dud cables, strange as they came with the Units..

Matt Jones 0 voti

It's possible, or just that the connector isn't properly seated and the contacts aren't touching...?

Pulse 0 voti

Well both original cables clicked right in, strange because the random Ethernet cable worked straight away...

It's working so I'm happy !

Matt Jones 0 voti

Hi everyone,

I got two CDJ-900s yesterday, and I ran to exactly same problem. Both of the cables arrived with CDJ-900s didn't work, but luckily I found this thread and tried with another cable and it worked. Thanks guys! :)

Henrik Hakala 0 voti

Same problem on a brand new pair. The ethernet cables that come in the box are crap. Neither worked and I to use another cable I had laying around. I wish I got my 3 hours of troubleshooting back. 

Scott 0 voti

Cables are the 2nd thing I check right after user-error.  ;)

Pulse 0 voti

I have the same problem. I tried a new cable with no success. I then tried to switch my "1" deck to 2 and my "2" deck to 1. One of the decks I switch over no problem but when I try to switch the other deck it flashes NOT SELECT a few times and won't let me change the deck. Could this be the issue and if so what do I need to do? If not how else can I trouble shoot this issue and how can I get my second deck to switch from 2 to 1??

Anthony Russell 0 voti

In order to change the deck assignment you need to disconnect the ethernet cable and remove any USB devices.

Pulse 0 voti

cool thanks I will try that later to see if it helps with the Link issue, I also went and got a new FJ45 cable to see if that helps

Anthony Russell 0 voti

After searching the net for about a week finally i found this, i had the same problem and using a different cable fixed it, its a shame pioneer don't provide a cable that actually works, obviously its not the odd cable or two its happening a lot, I'm not trying to bag out pioneer as i love these players but when you pay a steep price you expect everything to be working 

Nathan Xuereb 0 voti

I've done everything and still it won't link. When I click link its just a blank screen. When I put the usb in the songs load onto that cdm but not the other. Bought new cables as well. Is there anything else I can do

A-tar Jozkowicz 0 voti

@A-tar > If the player numbers are not showing solid on each player, they are not registering the link. Try another cable and ensure that the pins in the connector on each player are not bent. If you continue to have issues with the link, please contact Pioneer technical support for your country from the links to the right.

Pulse 0 voti