Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

When will the replacement for the CDJ-2000 be released?

I believe the CDJ-2000 was released end-2009, meaning it's been out for 2 years now.  Does anyone know enough about Pioneer schedules to guess when the CDJ-2000 replacement will be released?

Foo Bar

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

32 commenti

well if they base it on the 1000MK releases, soon. I think (Hope) they are worrying about getting the requests/issues worked out in the players and RB before releasing anything new for people to complain about

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Do they typically release new top-end hardware at any particular time of the year?  i.e. Q4...

Foo Bar 0 voti

No, random intervals all year round.

Even if they had info you wouldn't be told until they are ready,

I hope a MkII is not released as there are still issues to be resolved in the MkI

Nick Hilton 0 voti

no set times on releases, so far I have seen july, march and november on decks i bought

BriChi 0 voti

The reason I ask is because I don't want to drop $$$ on two CDJ-2000's and then have a new model come out right afterwards :-(

Since the 2000's are now two years old, there's probably quite a few people like me who are holding off.  Pioneer probably realize this, which should hopefully propel them onwards to release the new tech...

Foo Bar 0 voti

Anyway you look at it you'll still own one great piece of hardware. Don't wait till the next best thing, because it always gets better. Cheers

DecoDJs 0 voti

DecoDJs: I agree.   When we're bumping right up against a possible refresh though, it's tough.

Foo Bar 0 voti

Sorry but this is pointless as there is nothing to substantiate this and every time it has been raised its been a big fat NO.

you simply wont get to find out until pio are ready

Personally the 2ks are the best thing since vinyl and i wouldn't hesitate to go and buy them.

Nick Hilton 0 voti

It might be pointless to *you*.  I didn't know whether Pioneer had a predictable product cycle or not, or whether there had been any communications or rumors about the next piece of kit.

Foo Bar 0 voti

I see in a way where you are coming from, paying top dollar for a product that's 2 years old and may be discontinued in a week or some months for a MK2 version is hard to do, If I had a feeling Apple was doing a laptop refresh soon, i would hold off too for that. It has been 2 years and pio is always working on the next thing so I am sure the MK2 is in some peoples hands that work for them, but as for when we will hear of it, we will never know until it is announced

BriChi 0 voti

When they do bring it out, it will be riddled with faults, new stuff always is

Effect 0 voti

*** WARNINGThe following is an indication of my _personal_ views only and NOT of Pioneer's in ANY way ***

As far as the CDJ-1000's went, there were 3 years between each version of the hardware.  You would like to think^ that as the products get more advanced (i.e. CDJ-2000)^, more heavyweight^, and more expensive^, that the time gap between hardware revisions *if any*^, would be longer^.  Especially with the firmware-centric nature^ of the devices' feature sets.  Look at the DJM-2000 and it's Quantize update, for example.

^ = Please see disclaimer at top of post.

Mark90 0 voti

I think I covered myself comprehensively enough just there, no?

Mark90 0 voti

What in the world isn't getting faster?  The rate at which technology is evolving keeps speeding up, and in that sense I could see the product cycle getting shorter and shorter over time.

My guess, having thought about it some more and read the comments in this thread, is that there will be a new version of the hardware in 2012.  I recognize that might be wishful thinking, but that's my claim and I'm sticking to it :-)

Foo Bar 0 voti

in my opinion, I don't see a hardware change anytime soon, Reason being is that a lot of features/fixes we may want can be added via a fw update, The only thing I can see them doing in the next model is bumping up the processing power to speed up things like searching, load times, etc...... 

BriChi 0 voti

We don't need more hardware at least for another 3 years, I mean really, how often do you want to spend thousands of dollars and learn new gear? At this rate we'd be buying new hardware every week... Now unless you are extremely wealthy, it would be pointless to DJ  any longer and it would waste resources i.e. (plastic, electricity, oil) all just to pump out glitchy hardware every two days.  I love my 2000s, they work great (except the new firmware update is kinda buggy) so I hope they just keep improving the software!

fritzsavvy 0 voti

My guess would be faster CPU like you say, and a larger screen (touch screen?).

Foo Bar 0 voti

fritzsavvy: the DJM-2000 has been out for two years and you think it's likely that Pioneer won't release new hardware for at least another 3 years?  That's five years between products... it doesn't sound likely to me that that would wait that long.

Foo Bar 0 voti

Sorry, meant to say CDJ-2000 not DJM-2000 in my post above.

Foo Bar 0 voti

@ Foo Bar, I didn't say they "won't" release new gear, I just said we don't need any for some time, remember how well those record players lasted? Man I was using vinyl for a long time, but digital is the way to go now and they don't need any new hardware really with all the FX hardware they have to boost your mixes, adding too many new buttons and features to the players would be over kill at this time. So unless they can come up with a better music format to play with new technology, I think it's a waste.

fritzsavvy 0 voti

Pioneer is always evolving but I don't see a MK2 version anytime soon.. also wouldn't understand what amazing features we would be missing right now..

I hope they keep improving Rekordbox and the FWs 

Benno Revelli 0 voti

""""""""""""also wouldn't understand what amazing features we would be missing right now..""""""""""

I think being able to give the dj an option to auto load hot starts would be pretty amazing, sucks that I have to manually load all my hot starts on every track I load

BriChi 0 voti

there are lot of things that could be improved with the GUI and a higher resolution screen (retina?). from comments on here from the mods, the current hardware doesn't allow much more scope for display changes so i see this as an area to be addressed in a newer model.

Phil 0 voti

@brichi - i totally agree - these would be a great new feature and 'limitations in the current hardware' have often been given as a reason why it can't be done. i also think the ability to save a preferences file onto usb/sd (much like the allen & heath DB4) would be a great improvement over the current player as it will open up a load of possibilities that pioneer have probably not wanted to introduce as it would have been confusing for djs having to mess around with the menus after the previous dj.

some people like the way hotcues work at present, others don't. a prefs file that you create in rekordbox and load of usb gets around this issue nicely. instant loop could be also set via prefs to be 4, 16, 32 beats etc too. maybe also set the zoom/colour spectrum on the waveform like traktor? lots of possibilities!

Phil 0 voti

okay you guys have a point there.. auto hot cue load and saving preferences on USB would be a nice improvement.. I still don't understand why they can't make this work on the current generation with a new FW update.. it must be technically possible  

Benno Revelli 0 voti

maybe they are pulling an Apple move and leaving it off so there is something to buy the MK2 for, Kinda like apple not allowing Siri on the pervious iPhones, If it was on the 4 then why would you really buy the 4S :)

BriChi 0 voti

yeah most companies do that nowadays but that's a sad sad thing.. Hopefully they will sort everything out first on the current models.

Benno Revelli 0 voti

I hope so too, because I will not be spending on any more dosh on Pio gear if they don't sort out the issues. 

I'm kinda thinking that I'm at this stage already, years of waiting and still some of the functions are useless.

Effect 0 voti

what issues do you have effect? we all know about the master tempo 'jitter' problem but i'm not aware of any useless functions?

Phil 0 voti