Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

2 x 900 issues

i've had my CDJ900 a couple of months now and i keep getting the same two issues both are intermittent and all in HID mode using Serato.

1. when you first turn the units on and start playing the decks will return to choose deck 1 or 2 screen, this normally happens within the first 10-15 minutes

2. if during a mix you need to feather one of the decks back to bring the track into time it will actually nudge forward 0.5-1 beats or if you need to do it forwards it will jump forward up to 2 beats

im using a Macbook pro running snow leopard, both decks are connected via a powered Belkin usb hub, firmware 4.05 installed and using Serato 2.3.1

i've also posted this on the Serato Forum

nicksubishi

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

11 commenti

I've not heard of the players returning to the deck selection screen; does it happen with both players, if so, does it happen at the same time?  Are both players connected to the USB hub?  Is the SL box connected directly to the computer or via the hub?

I'm not sure about the nudging; do you mean pitch bending?

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hi Pulse
both decks return to the selection screen at the same time, only the decks are linked using the hub as serato is plugged directly into my Mac.
ye I do mean pitch bending when I say nudge.

hope this helps

nicksubishi 0 voti

Hi Pulse

just an update it happened again today this time i noticed that the Mac froze for a second when the CDJs went to the selection screen

nicksubishi 0 voti

It's quite possible that it's software related - if you've already got a case open with Serato, I'd say they'll be your best bet for an answer.

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse

i think the beats skipping is a vibration issue with the deck though as there are a couple of reports that seam to point to this, i have also moved my monitors further away from the decks and didnt have an issue yesterday but will keep an eye on it.

nicksubishi 0 voti

Since I've two CDJ900 two and don't have any the disconnect problem, i don't think it's software related..

Perhaps you can look into your USB HUB, which HUB do own ?

For the pitch issue, this has been already told to SERATO team, I think that they are looking into it ;)

Paco 0 voti

Hi Paco

im using a powered Belkin hub, may get a new one and see if it makes a difference 

nicksubishi 0 voti

Pulse looks like the deck selection was a usb hub issue

nicksubishi 0 voti

Thanks for reporting back, glad to hear it was something simple.

Pulse 0 voti

yea back to basics... i had many problems with USb leads in the past.. very hard to diagnose, but now its the first thing i try.

Jared 0 voti