Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

Feature Request for the CDJs (sorting according to key)

This feature should be very easy to implement. It's basicly the feature to sort a playlist, while on the cdj, so that it alphabetically lists whatever strings of text are in the key container. It's already possible to sort on the player by pressing the menu-button while inside a playlist, so adding a key sorting possibility shouldn't be too hard.

This would be helpful for all harmonicly mixing DJs out there. The browsing for key feature is a workaround, sure, but what I suggested would be more useful since it wouldn't browse your entire collection.

Let me know what you think, Pioneer :)

Erik

Eric Shaw

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

I have a neat workaround. Sort your songs in smart playlists in iTunes but not just by key, instead after what songs work with a certain key. For example, I have folder 5A in which all songs appear that are in 4A, 5A, 6A and 5B. When I choose the next song I check what key I'm in, enter that folder and can immediately see what tracks work with the current one. I also have a "boost" folder for each key. The really neat thing is that every time I add a track to iTunes it automatically populates the playlists, all I have to do is mark the key in the comments field. Then I delete all playlists from Rekordbox and re-import via bridge from iTunes. Sounds complicated but works like a charm once you've set it up!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Of course "sort" works fine but, if you need a fast and easy to overview solution I prefer my workaround. The really neat thing is that you only see the tracks that are compatible with your current tune, it normally takes me a few seconds to find and cue up the next one.

Does that mean you have duplicate files as if you chose a song from file '5A' that was '6A' then you'd need 5,6, or 7 A or 6B, meaning that the '5A' files would be duplicates...?

Chris 0 voti

No, the files are not duplicates, only the playlist entries.

So you actually have 24 smart playlists for your keys? 1B, 1A, all the way up to 12a, 12b?

I like the idea of those smart lists, but i guess the library looks like a mess?

Digitrack 0 voti

Not at all. I have 4 different major playlists for different categories of music that are arranged from low to high energy. The key playlists are generated from those so for each key I have 4 matching playlists sorted according to energy. Plus a energy boost playlists that contain all tunes in a specific key form all playlists. So, when I choose next song I check the key of the current tune, enter that folder and gets presented with 4 categories of music only containing matching keys. Plus a boost folder containing all tunes with a key that is equivalent to a raise in key.

It's a bit hard to explain but works wonders for me. Check the key of the tune, enter that folder, select category, scroll down for more energy. Normally it takes less than 5 seconds to find the next tune, jump to the cue point and start beatmatching it.