Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

Cdj 2000

hey guys i think i have a problem with the pitch on my cdj 2000 newest firmware 4.5 tracks analysed innormal mode in rekordbox master tempo off and the tracks don t stay for 10 sec. in time with quantize loops a 4 beat loop don t stay for 5 sec. in time i don t now what i make wrong beatmatching is problem for my but i allways must make corrections anyone who had the same problem or an answer ?

jambapark

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

26 commenti

It is funny that you have just posted this because I have just spent the last hour testing out some newly purchased tracks from Beatport.  What I have discovered is very surprising.  Basically, every single track purchased has a slightly drifting tempo throughout.

I confirmed this by loading the raw tracks into Rekordbox, and the tried to use the Tempo Grid feature to line up the beats.  I had to make several adjustments per track, on average.

Next, I used Ableton Live with the raw track files.  I began warping the tracks by aligning the beat transients to the Ableton Live grid.  Then I Rendered to AIFF the warped track so that they have a constant tempo, perfectly on grid.  Then I loaded the new version of each track into Rekordbox and I found that the Rekordbox tempo grid now lines up absolutely PERFECTLY.  No need for any adjustments.  Just marked my Cue point memorys and I was done.

When playing the new version of each track on the CDJ-2000 players, the tempo was much more stable.  I needed fewer corrections on the platter.

One final note, I attempted to use Master Tempo on the warped version of the tracks and I still had the audible jitter issue.  This does confirm, in my opinion, that Master Tempo is still not a useable feature in current state.  It does cause the music to sound off-beat.

I am not sure if you are having an issue with your CDJ-2000 player or not.... but I did want to report that I have found that pretty much any purchased music track will have a slightly drifting tempo.  For this reason, any time I purchase new music from now on.... I will be loading it into Ableton Live, warping the tracks to a constant tempo, and then Rendering a new audio file.  Then I will load the tracks into Rekordbox and use them on the CDJ-2000.

John Kiser 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

In summary, what I am saying is that there does not seem to be a drifting tempo issue with the CDJ-2000, but rather with the audio files themselves.  I am hopeful you are experiencing the same thing and it's not due to the players themselves.

John Kiser 0 voti

Probably a silly question, but do you have the Tempo Reset button turned off?   (not trying to be a smartass, just asking)

John Kiser 0 voti

Ah okey thank you very much then i need to get abelton live , but how is the quality of the renderd tracks ?

jambapark 0 voti

Interesting that it's the production!  Makes me wonder if it's big productions or bedroom producers who don't know better...?!

Pulse 0 voti

Every track ive put in to ableton has been perfectly on grid with no warping

Dj Daywalker 0 voti

today i tried again and it doesn' t work  i don´t no what is wrong the songs(mp3 320 kbps) or the pitch of the cdj 2000 ??? 

jambapark 0 voti

Hey All, I was wondering if anybody has had any trouble with the Power Supply Unit in the CDJ 2000.If so, do you know how to fix it or do you know from where, in the UK or Ireland, I could get a replacement PSU. That I could buy online. I would appreciate your help with this. Cheers, Fontie

John Lynam 0 voti

@John > Wow, totally off topic.  Please contact technical support from the links at the right.

Pulse 0 voti

@ Daywalker   -  Could you give me a name of a track you have that was perfect in Ableton Live with no warp maker adjustments?  I would like to test out my theory to be sure.

I am surprised to hear you don't need to make warp marker adjustments, because I have been using Ableton Live for many years and almost every track that I have seen needed some adjusting.

John Kiser 0 voti

@ Jambapark    re:  sound quality of rendered tracks

I have noticed no difference in sound quality from rendering my warped audio files from Ableton Live.  I purchase AIFF files from Beatport, and then load them into Ableton.  I adjust the warp markers as needed, using the Repitch warp mode (least distortion).  Then I render directly to AIFF with no FX added or volume adjustments.  So there should be no degradation in the sound quality from conversions or anything like that.  I'm sure that technically speaking there might be some quality lost because I am running the original file through some processing, but I don't think the difference is noticeable.  The important thing is that I am starting with AIFF and finishing with AIFF.

I would not recommend the purchase of Ableton Live just for this purpose.  I already had the software because I use it for other reasons.  Was just pointing out that I have found it useful for prepping my music for Rekordbox and the CDJ-2000s.

John Kiser 0 voti

To the last statement about quality: you're correct that there is virtually no loss thanks to the quality of the processing.

Pulse 0 voti

@ fuse promote can i make this process also with mp3 in abelton because i have only mp3 in 320 kbps ?

jambapark 0 voti

Ableton Live only works with WAV/AIFF files.  If you load an MP3 file into Ableton, then the software will decode it into a WAV file automatically.  When it renders an audio file, it only does it to WAV or AIFF.  Then if you wanted to go back to MP3 you would be forced to re-encode from the WAV or AIFF.

I would not recommend this procedure with MP3 files, because you will be decoding/re-encoding which will result in quality loss.

John Kiser 0 voti

Okey is there an option to make this process with an mp3 file in an other program ? and i notice wen i mix 2 tracks track 1:125 bpm 0,00% pitch track 2: 125 bpm 0,00% pitch the tracks are stay in time okey but track 1 :125 bpm 0.00% pitch track 2: 126 bpm 0.80% pitch the tracks not stay in time why???

jambapark 0 voti

If Track 1 is 125 bpm @ 0.00% tempo, and Track 2 is also 125 bpm @ 0.00% tempo then these tracks are the same tempo and should effectively stay on beat with only minor corrections needed.

If Track 1 is 125 @ 0.00%   and Track 2 is playing at 126 bpm, then these tracks are not beatmatched properly and will not stay in time for very long.  You need to adjust the pitch control to match the tempos so that both tracks read the same BPM.

John Kiser 0 voti

i pitched the second track at 125 Bpm pitch 0.80% and the first track 125 bpm pitch 0.00% i allways beatmatch the tracks but in this situation the don t stay in time and goes off beat

jambapark 0 voti

Have you used Rekordbox to make sure the beat grid is properly aligned?  Sometimes a track might analyze incorrectly and show a BPM rate which is not necessarily correct.  That's why the beat grid is adjustable.  It's also why I like to run my purchased music through Ableton Live before loading it into Rekordbox, because that way I can warp the track to a perfectly constant tempo with no fluctuations.

John Kiser 0 voti

I also use rekordbox but is there a programm that can make this with mp3 files to what you make in abelton?

jambapark 0 voti

Ableton Live will work for you, but it will not output the rendered audio file to MP3.  Only to WAV or AIFF.

If you want to go back to MP3 you will need to re-encode it with a third-party program.

John Kiser 0 voti

okey thank you i think i connect my 2000 with traktor one more time to test when i solved the problem with the drifting tracks

jambapark 0 voti

i don t know i am crapping around one hole year but my cdj 2000 are drifting so hard when i make a quantize loop 8 16 or 32 i have allways to pitch it in promo videos they say that the loops stays in time first i thinks my tracks are drifting but i try all out  wrap in to abelton or adjust the beatgried in to rekordbox 

i don t know whats the problem the guys on technical support have know idea and i have no time to play with the effects on  my djm  2000 because i have allways to hear the two tracks don t go off beat and correct this with platter and pitch fader i have quantize on in the cdj and in rekordbox  i match the track in they stays in time and after 10  seconds they are off when i set a loop never stays in time without move the pitch anyone knows the problem ???

jambapark 0 voti

I don't know.   I have never used the loop feature before.   Pretty useless feature, IMO.

John Kiser 0 voti

@jambapark > Are you on the latest firmware and version of rekordbox?

Gavin 0 voti