Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Shot of my recent purchase

Decided to take a quick shot of my recent purchase.  Hope you like

Hesitant

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

26 commenti

@Hesitant > Ha! Did I just see this on Twitter too? As I said there, nice shot!

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hey Gavin, I never posted a pic of this on twitter.  Can you send me the link so I can check it out.  Thanks for your comments.

Hesitant 0 voti

do you happen to have the full size image?

If so could you post it somewhere where i can grab it please?

Nick Hilton 0 voti

Pionix, bored with my shot already? - lol 

Seriously though, I would like this one full size too

Effect 0 voti

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah I'll upload the full res image tomorrow and post the link on here.

Hesitant 0 voti

@ Pionix and Effect can you email me - djhesitant (at) gmail_com  That way I can email it over to you rather than posting a link.  It's a 3mb file so should send ok.

Hesitant 0 voti

@Gavin.  I used my Canon 7D and a 30mm lens.  I've taken loads of different shots of the setup but this one shows it all, most of the other are close ups of specific parts of either the mixer or cdj.  I've recently bought a macro lens so will be using that very soon.

Hesitant 0 voti

@Hesitant > Ah snap! Just got the 7D with the nifty fifty lens (only about $100 for the lens at the moment).

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin.  Ah the good little nifty fifty lens.  Yeah its a good little lens considering its price.

Hesitant 0 voti

@Hesitant > Great pic and great camera!! But why not just attach it to the thread instead of e-mailing everyone separately?

I'm pretty sure I attached a 7.6 MB file a while ago. lol

@Gavin > Awesome, the 1.8 nifty fifty I assume. I picked one up over the holidays with all my other stuff. :) But you guys are super lucky to have the 7D!!!!

Foster 0 voti

@Foster.  Thanks for the comment on the pic.  Truth be told I want to keep track of where the image is going and it feels a bit more personal rather than uploading the image to a site for anybody to snatch and not even get a thanks for it.  But suppose I'm weird like that lol.

Hesitant 0 voti

@Hesitant > That's understandable, no worries. :)

You would appreciate credit for you work as you deserve.

Foster 0 voti

@Foster > Thanks mate.  I've only been doing photography as a hobby for just under a year and love it.  So any compliments on my shots are always appreciated. 

Hesitant 0 voti

@Foster > Nice one, yeah its a great lens for its price. Trying to decide whether to get the 17-40 or the 24-105 lens next.

Gavin 0 voti

@Hesitant > Well your work looks great so keep it up!

@Gavin > I don't know what kit lens you got with your 7D, but the 24-105 has some appealing zoom, yet the 17-40 is great too! (I like wide angle lenses, and fish eye shots can be awesome)

I don't want to highjack this thread, but I'll be taking some shots of Above & Beyond, Gareth Emery, Sander Van Doorn, Arty, Dash Berlin, and hopefully more to come in the next few weeks. Hopefully I'll post some in the 'Star Lounge' for everyone. :D

Foster 0 voti

I just bought the body as the 28-135mm appears to be the stock lens now. It seems we feel exactly the same about 24-105 and the 17-40 - I just can't decide which one to get first.

Anyway, thread well and truly highjacked (but its all relevant).

Gavin 0 voti

pioneer camera club.

i got the 24-105L on my 5d mark II, it's a great all rounder, also the 24-70 is amazing too but seriously expensive...

Phil 0 voti

@Phil > Nice! Have you tried the 7D? I had considered the full frame but thought the video capabilities were a bit better on the 7D.

Agreed on the 24-70. Lens are twice the price here in Irelans than anywhere else. :(

Gavin 0 voti

i did consider the 7D for the better video but in the end the full frame won me over as i'm using it mostly for stills. it's easy to get sucked into the crazy world of lens buying though, but the 24-105L & the nifty fifty are all i need at the moment with maybe a macro the next purchase.

Phil 0 voti

@Phil > Nice! It is easy to get sucked, especially when there are so many options. I do think, even though its not an L lens, the 17-55 f2.8 will be my next choice. After that I'll go for something on the longer zoom end. Any recommendations?

Gavin 0 voti