Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

11 follower Segui

[CLOSED] cdj 2000 total freeze!! need to be restarted...!

Last night in the middle of a set 1 of my cdj 2000 freezes and couldn't play the song that was ready to play.

no button was working, tried to switch to other player but nothing...

Had to restart the player with the power button.

I have the cdj2000's for 1 year now, and this is the 6th time this happened!

And yes it happens random, and not with the same track.

It was the player with the sd card in it.

I use 32g sd card class 10

and a netgear gs105 5port switch

Everything is linked, 2 cdj2000 and a djm900

got the newest firmware 4.10 and rekordbox is also up to date.

Please help!!!!

michel

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

60 commenti

I hoped that renaming the artwork folder was a solution (I did that 2 minutes ago). I don't need the artwork, but I need player that I can trust. Het previous gigs it wasn't fun at all. But how did you test the problem dustin? The last gigs it was 1 time in 4 hours. The first time in the beginning and the second time after 4 hours. I also tested the song that i played that time (that is not the problem).

Turning off and on the played fixed the problem that night.

Albert Verwater 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I just got off the phone with Tech Support and the informed me that as of now Rekordbox does not work well with MAC OS 10.8 or later. They informed me that the next version of RB will have the Artwork fix and also the MAC OS fix as well. So my current issue that I am now going thru has to do with the OS compatibility even though it seems strangely similar to the previous Artwork issue. 

To answer your question Albert about how I tested the problem before, I was running a diagnostic version of RB that the Pioneer engineers provided me in order to log any crashes and freeze issues. After several weeks and many diagnostic reports being sent to the engineers we confirmed that the artwork indeed was the glitch. After several more weeks of running RB with the renamed artwork folder I had 0% issues. They worked PERFECTLY until I recently updated my MAC OS. So if you have not updated your OS DON"T DO IT! Stick with 10.7 until the next version of RB is released (that should be later this month so I've been told) geesh what a mess! 

dustin cook 0 voti

I'm running mac os 10.7.4... So that is not the problem?

Albert Verwater 0 voti

@ Albert Verwater

Since your using OS 10.7 renaming the artwork folder will hopefully take care of your freezing issue. As you already know there is not really any way to predict when the freeze will happen. If you go several nights without any issues you should be in the clear. I'd love to know how you make out! 

dustin cook 0 voti

Just to let this forum know when I first renamed my Pioneer "Artwork" folder to "artwork-temp" back in late July 2012 I was having at least one crash/freeze per night (every friday and sat 4hr set for seven months) Once the artwork was taken out of the equation I have had 16 sets consisting of 4hrs each with no issues whatsoever. So I believe that qualifies for extensive testing and proof of this solution. 

I only started having an issue again once I updated to MAC OS 10.8 and RB 2.0.1. I hope that gives those of you using a pre 10.8 OS some piece of mind that this will resolve your issue. 

dustin cook 0 voti

After I renamed the artwork folder like you told I tested 90 songs without any problems at all.

In my case the most problems where when I was (re)winding through the number.

Friday I have a new 5 hour gig. After that I can give an update.

Albert Verwater 0 voti

Is somebody here using windows and having this problem?

Albert Verwater 0 voti

Yes, im using rekordbox v1.5.3 with windows 7 x64 and my players hang/freeze quite often. I buy all my music from beatport in aiff format.

Bjoervik 0 voti

I had this freezing problem.

One of the players would freeze. The screen would turn dark. No error message.

Random tracks. Mp3, 320

On usb AND cd.

My problem was in the hardware.

I got both units serviced.

They found some contacts that needed cleaning and/or resoldering.

It was dirt in the player that caused it I was told.

They both work fine now.

Mista Tee 0 voti

Another freeze last night, need to restard again.... still nothing here

michel 0 voti

For those that haven't seen the notice, a new firmware will be available for the Nexus players shortly.

Gavin 0 voti

Jep Fridaynight another freeze. This time was different, the screen went black en came back with scrambled pixels en totally freezes!

Needed to be restarted again!!!!!!

michel 0 voti

Gavin: Ok, but what about us who have the "old" 2000? Is it ever going to be fixed?

I have to emphasize how disappointed im in Pioneer now, this is so bad. 

Its hard to believe that the top players used properly with Pioneers own software is this unstable. :(

Bjoervik 0 voti

It is probably a hardware problem like I mentioned before.

Do yourself a favor and get them serviced.

Mine froze up to 7 times in a 3 hour set.

Do you move your players around a lot? (transport)

If you do, get them serviced. The players are not very shock resistant. (loose contacts

I move mine around quite a lot in a heavy flight case with cushioning and have played with them in open air venue quite a lot.

Besides loose contacts/soldering they were dirty and needed cleaning.

Try this. It helped me.

Mista Tee 0 voti

Just about 4 weeks ago been serviced by Pioneer service center.

So for sure this is a software problem

michel 0 voti

Yes, updates for both the 2000 and 2000nexus will be made available.

Pulse 0 voti

Is there any new info on the upcoming firmware?

What will it fix? Have the engineers been able to duplicate this crash/hanging/freezing? 

Bjoervik 0 voti

@Bjorvik > Yes, the engineers have taken the feedback from the users and been able to replicate some of the reported issues as well as fixing bugs they've discovered themselves.

Gavin 0 voti

Maybe i got something!! Wass playing around with the taglist in RB and found out there where 4 tracks in the list. I just delated them because taglist is something that issn't working. Sinds than the players are not freezing for maybe 15 gigs now! before it was every gig.

Could this be the bug??

michel 0 voti

@michel > The engineers are interested to hear this and would like some more information.

How do you acquire your tracks and what format are they? How do you prepare / edit them? In what way did you delete them from the taglist - was it just removal from the taglist or actually deleting the files from your media? Also, what media are you using?

The more information you can give, the easier it is for the engineers to identify problems so please don't be just limited to the above questions.

Gavin 0 voti

@gavin> All mp3, 44.100 and 320. There where just 3 normal tracks in the 'taglist' thats in RB, they where there for a long time sinds taglist isn't working on cdj 2000. so never looked at them. The tracks are still in RB and sometimes I play them on a gig, with no problems.

I just erased them from the 'taglist' but they are still in my collection and playlist.

I use only sd cards. 32g class 10

michel 0 voti

@michel > Thank you, I have passed this along to the engineers.

Gavin 0 voti

@gavin>> sins i got rid of the taglist tracks no freezes anymore.   

michel 0 voti

@michel > Thanks for the information  - I'll pass this along also.

Gavin 0 voti