Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Album Artwork doesn't Match up with Tracks

Iv'e noticed that when I'm playing on CDJ 2000s that the album artwork doesn't match up with the correct tracks. The artwork that is displayed is usually a different track in the same playlist. This is a huge problem for me because I am a very visual person and usually recognize that track I want to play from it's album cover. When I'm searching for a song I find it fastest by looking at the artwork. This problem has led me to play the same song twice in a set on at least two occasions. 

Is there anyway to fix this problem? I usually play using SD cards. I load all of my songs onto the SD cards using Rekordbox. Some (very few) of the tracks in my library don't have any artwork associated with the song. Could this be the problem? It seems like there could be one or two tracks that don't have artwork and the CDJ jumbled everything up. 

Alec Martin

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

38 commenti

Mine does this also, no matter what input i am using, usb stick, hard drive, or sd card. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING for equipment that costs £3000. 

Paul Carey 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

In my case the cover arts don't appear at all at some tracks. This happens always when i'd like to play new imported tracks.

DJ NosTer 0 voti

Have you guys verified within rekordbox that the artwork on the info page is correct?  If it is showing correctly there, can you verify that it is only showing incorrectly on the export devices?  If that's the case, please try formatting your export device or get another export device and export a few tracks to test it.  It could well be that a damaged export database is linking the wrong artwork.

If it is showing incorrectly within the main collection, try reloading the tags for those tracks.

Pulse 0 voti

thanks Pulse but the cover arts all are shown correctly in rekordbox. they wouldn't send to my players i think. all firmware and drivers up to date

DJ NosTer 0 voti

The issue I have had is finding the right art for the right tracks on beatport. ( haven't purchased any of the FLAC files just WAV as of yet.  Sometimes all I can find is a compilation album cover and not the original album cover for the track. 

movingzachb 0 voti

@NosTer > Can you please try re-creating the situation by making a new playlist consisting of the same songs?

Pulse 0 voti

Since the latest update I have noticed nearly every track I played the other night now has the wrong artwork against it! Not sure why this has suddenly started happening but I'm not gonna start re adding the artwork for 13000 tracks :(

Richie Barthez 0 voti

I noticed the same problem since update. I thought it was something i was doing, but i can edit the artwork in rekordbox god knows how many times, the players randomly change the art work still.

AntzDj 0 voti

@AntzDj > If you go to the track info within rekordbox, does it still show the correct artwork there?

Pulse 0 voti

Just had a play, and it is rekordbox messing about, not the cdj. For instance i would change the artwork for track 66 in a playlist, and track 2 would end up with a different artwork. I would correct track 2 artwork, and track 15 would have a different artwork. All random artworks too.

AntzDj 0 voti

I don't use record box like that. I have nothing in my 'collection'. I just use rekordbox to Analize and then add to a hard drive. I then remove them from the collection.

The tracks that keep changing are ones I've had to add artwork to. All tracks I get from iTunes are fine.

AntzDj 0 voti

That's just asking for problems and could be the source of the issue at hand.  Why are you removing them from the colleciton?

Pulse 0 voti

Because i dont use rekordbox and i'm forever moving tracks around, I got fed up with clicking on a track in my collection and the caution triangle coming up saying it cant find it. I dont need to have all my music in rekordbox. I use it to analyze then transfer to a hard drive, thats it. It then stays on the external hard drive, and the original deleted to free up space. I dont need two copies as it is all on my external hard drive. Should'nt matter if rekordbox has the original in the collection or not, it shouldnt re arrange my artwork everytime i plug my drive in. And it's only started happening recently.

AntzDj 0 voti

...and if you don't want two copies on your external drive, you don't need to export them - especially if you're only ever linking the players with rekordbox.

Can you send me a copy of your database (the EDB file)?  Both the internal and the export one if you have it.

Pulse 0 voti

I dont have two copies on my hard drive. I analyze in rekordbox on my computer, then put the analyzed track on my hard drive. I dont use rekordbox at all. I dont link the 2000's with it. I use my 2000's for cd's and my little external hard drive with all my analyzed mp3's on it, thats it, no rekordbox in my life other than to analyze and put on a drive.

AntzDj 0 voti

Regardless, send me a copy of your export database (found on the external drive in the hidden Pioneer folder).

Pulse 0 voti

I keep all of my tracks in the rekordbox collection and artwork hardly ever matches up. I don't think that is the problem. All of my artwork is correct in rekordbox. I think the problem is with the software in the CDJ. 

Alec Martin 0 voti

@Antz > Could you send your exported data folder (the whole "PIONEER" folder in his USB/SD )? The engineers would like to replicate it on their end.

Could you also take a video of the BROWSE display on the 2000? The reason they're asking is the engineers won't know which artwork goes with which file so they need verification of the matches. 

The CDJ displays the artwork by looking for the picture file from the path information exported from RB. If the engineers can look at the export date and the picture for confirming a mismatch, they may find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks!

Pulse 0 voti

Pulse, Your prob better off asking Alec Martin as I managed to get time to sit at my pc for a few hours on sunday going round in circles chasing 'moving' art work until it stopped. I seem to be ok now but if i see anymore i'll let you know, although you might be waiting a while. And to let you know, im married with two kids and living a life. Most of my post's or reply's to you are done via my phone. For me to drop everything and send you a file is quite difficult as I dont spend my life on my cdj's or sat at a computer, so i appologise for that. I'll do what i can when I can, But im not sure my file will help if it seems to be fixed right now.

AntzDj 0 voti

I understand and totally sympathize with that -- I've got 2 kids (5 and 2) and working from home, I don't get a lot of work done during the day, only when they're at preschool (like now).

If you do have the problem again and have a chance to shoot the file over, it would be appreciated, otherwise ... carry on!  :)

Pulse 0 voti

Should know at the weekend, and i'll let you know. How do i send it to you? As i cant find a way to get your details/email address using my phone. Is there a link if i use my pc? Also while I got your attention, can we suggest to pioneer for some stronger platter springs made as a spare part ref another prob i've had recently (sorry to hijack).

AntzDj 0 voti

@AntzDJ > You can email him at pulse(at) mixaddicts (dot)(com)

Gavin 0 voti

Pulse. This file you want, do you want it when all the art work is jumbled up? Its doing it again and annoying the hell out of me. It seems to happen when i add new tracks to the collection in rekordbox. It dont matter what art work it is i.e an itunes track or a track/artwork from another source, it just muddles a lot of them up.

AntzDj 0 voti

Ok. Will mail it straight away next time. Just sat and pi**ed about with it all putting it back in order again.

AntzDj 0 voti

I'm experiencing the same issue... yesterday night i was playing a Electrofunk track but the CDJ-2000 was displaying the artwork from ABBA!

Giona Guidi 0 voti