Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Request for new firmware: 2 decimal BPM point (120.00)

I have a request for future CDJ 2000 firmware update:

Make the CDJ 2000 Show 2 decimal BPM point. (120.00)

Rekordbox already analyzes the songs and give 2 decimal BPM point (example 120.00).

I hope its not very hard to make the CDJ 2000 display the same BPM value as Rekordbox uses?

2 BPM decimal points is really helpful when mixing a lot of songs together fast. This can enable CDJ owners to do more interesting mash ups and mixes and use more time on the mixer and the remixbox doing something creative.

The competition already have this in place, i hope Pioneer will consider this.

Bjoervik

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

18 commenti

You should better use traktor with sync! This feature will never be part of the cdj 2000. One decimal is already accurate...

And when mixing songs fast , you really don't need that accuracy...

TheOne 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Never be part of the cdj2000, why? Please inform me. 

Im not asking for nor wanting sync. All that im requesting is that the CDJs read the rekordbox BPM info, witch displays .00 BPM.

What i ment by mixing fast was not going from track A-to-B fast but, being able to just set the BPM and instantly mix a track in.

Also, that was just an example, dont make this a flamewar over "old way of djing" vs "new cheating way" I know very well how to beatmach.

I have used the CDJ800 for years until recently. 

Have you tried Traktor with the CDJ2000? Normal HID sucks a lot. (and the beat effects on my DJM900 wont be quantized)

Maybe it can only be enabled in the options? (not by default) so you guys who don't want two decimal places wont even notice it :)

Bjoervik 0 voti

Please like this request if you think its a good idea! :)

Bjoervik 0 voti

I don't think it would be that useful.  I don't understand the fixation on the displays...

Pulse 0 voti

Why not give us the option pulse? Some find it very useful others dont. People differ on how they use them (style, extra equipment+), also its not sounding better when beat matched manually.

This just seems like an easy update, because Rekordbox already have the BPM with two decimals :)

Bjoervik 0 voti

There's a whole lot of road between the sleepy hamlet of "Seems Like" and the bustling metropolis of "Reality".

Pulse 0 voti

It was just a question, request. Is there any possibility you or Gavin can ask the engineers if this could be implemented at low cost?

It just seems like an easy update but i dont know for sure of course, thats why im asking, no need to be hostile :)

Bjoervik 0 voti

It's certainly not a low-cost as that change would require a change to the GUI and that's not a) easy or b) cheap (from what I'm told).  Sorry!

Pulse 0 voti

I understand. Still can you pass the idea along to the team so they can consider this?

Maybe it can be implemented easier then you think or it might be very costly and a no-no.

I would be very grateful if this is just considered. :)

Another solution would be to let rekordbox show the players BPM in real-time, maybe a cheeper change?

Bjoervik 0 voti

@Andreas > I don't just type because I like getting the finger exercise!  See previous response: "from what I'm told"... I didn't make up the reply.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok, so just to be clear, the team does not even consider requests witch may be costly\not cheep to implement? 

I have to say that the CDJ2000 OS design does not seem very flexible if this is a very costly update.

What about letting Rekordbox show the BPM in real-time, is that an OK request? (yes i will head over to RB request thread with this one :) ) 

Bjoervik 0 voti

If the suggestion is:

• worth implementing

• able to be implemented

• in their budget of time / money for development

...then it is considered, not guaranteed.

Pulse 0 voti

Maybe it will come in the next model, whenever that happens to be :)

T-Top 0 voti

Sorry to open this back up, but I do think that the upgrade to two decimals would be an awesome one. Pioneer probably won't do it though since it would cost a bit too much and they wouldn't get as much profit from the cost that they would have to put into it. Is it a worthy idea? Absolutely!! But is it a cost effective idea?? Maybe not. Too bad that money is the main obstacle from standing in pioneer's way to do something so amazing!! I feel like they would rather spend more money on crap like autosync since more people would be more drawn to that type of stuff and hence more profits... Pioneer is a business and is in this game for the profits and won't lift a finger to do amazing things unless way way way more people demand it because that would mean more sales and profits for them... Long live Capitalism!!!

Nattyice 0 voti

@Nattyice > There's been much discussion about this already in this thread. By and large, most users agree it isn't really necessary. We've forwarded the suggestion before and it hasn't been considered as worth implementing considering feedback from different research.

Isn't money the main obstacle standing in everyone's way? Isn't capitalism the only reason Pioneer are in business in the first place? What alternatives do you suggest?

Gavin 0 voti

You are right. I understand your point 100% Gavin, I know that without the drive for profits, pioneer wouldn't exist at all. I also understand that in order to make better leaps in technology and ideas, you will need a butt load of money to feed back into the R&D department. And in order to do that, it requires sales, revenue, and profits, as well as new investments. Which cannot  be done if there is just not the demand for it from a business standpoint. I do want CDJ's to have more accuracy, but more so, I want Pioneer to stay in business and stay at the top of their field. If it has already been brought up and rejected, then that is fine with me since at least it was brought up to the executives in the first place. Maybe when it is more cost effective to do so we will see it in future releases. I can't think of a better alternative to capitalism which is why I am siding with you now on this issue.  There are definitely things that people/companies do that aren't driven by money, but a major corporation wouldn't be able to survive forever if they continued to do such things without some sort of revenue/profit generation.

Nattyice 0 voti

Oh, well here I go again. Last time I wrote about this I got quite flamed but honestly I don't care.

You already have access to the second decimal on the decks, sort of.

As noted Rekordbox analyzes the tracks with two decimals. What I discovered is that the decks, also the lower models, reads this information and the displayed BPM is based on the two decimals. That means that you have access to this information right on the decks but just have to a bit imaginative. If you put your pitch sliders on +-6 and adjust the tempo so that it just changes between two BPM's you will have more accuracy than just using the single decimal point on the 2000's. Of course you'll still have to do minor adjustments but under normal circumstances hardly any. Use it if you like it.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 voti