Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

Trackmarking and burning to CD

Hi, I have to do a CD for a club and they want it to be trackmarked, I have done this all throughout the mix however how can i change or convert the format from WAV to MP3? I think i can do it with Audacity but i have to copy and paste each track, but if i do this wont i lose the trackmarking??

Also if i burn WAV to CD will it play in CD Players?

Regards

Lewis Harriman

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

15 commenti

There's plenty of software out there able to either read a CUE file and burn single tracks from one long WAV file, or allow you to determine the points where you want to split the track.

You don't want to burn it as a WAV, you want to burn it as CD-Audio.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Just to clarify, when i done the trackmarking it recorded it in seperate wav files (14 in total)

Could you tell me some programs that you know?

Thanks

Lewis Harriman 0 voti

If you've already got the tracks separated, just burn them to a CD it will automatically turn each file into a track!  Be sure to use gap-less recording tho.

Google is your friend.

Pulse 0 voti

Ive just burned them to cd but they are still in WAV files, dont they have to be converted to MP3?

Thanks

Lewis Harriman 0 voti

That's because you burned a DATA CD not an AUDIO CD.  Try changing that within your burning software.

Pulse 0 voti

Uhm, no.  You're burning a CD - are you looking to make a CD they can just play or need a device capable of playing an MP3 to use it?

Pulse 0 voti

Well i burned a cd earlier with windows media player and persumed it would play on a cd player, i tried it in my car and did not work...

Maybe i need to have a look at the settings

I just need a CD for them to play!

Lewis Harriman 0 voti

Just one more thing is there a way to insert ID3 tags into the burned CD?

Lewis Harriman 0 voti

Yes; it's called CD-TEXT and many programs, including CDBurnerXP include it, just check it before burning.

Pulse 0 voti

Yeah thats what i mean i done that, burned a CD and it comes up with unknown artist every track.

Sorry to be a pain :)

Lewis Harriman 0 voti

If each of your tracks is a WAV file, they don't have ID3 information and thus will come up blank or unkown.  I can't remember if CDBurnerXP allows you to manually enter the CD-TEXT info for each track, but some software titles do allow it.  The other option is to convert your WAVs to MP3s, check their ID3 tags and burn that collection of files to CD-AUDIO.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok thanks, I am editing CD-TEXT with CDBurnerXP, seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks for your help :)

Lewis Harriman 0 voti