Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

[CLOSED] need help with traktor!

hello there i realy need some help , im wanting to run traktor with 2 cdj900s and a djm800 mixer i want to run it through windows xp and i also need to know what cables to get and where to get them from , have watched some youtube vids but are no help!

jay

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

29 commenti

You need usb "A" type Male (The flat one which goes into your computer) and the other end goes into your cdj usb "B" Type , DO NOT get a USB3.0 "B" type as it's not backwards compatible to USB 1 and 2.

Stick the A male side into your computer and the B side in the back of your CDJ.

Do the same for the second CDJ , then come back for the mappings and on.

The DJM is not to be used to control the software but as a hardware mixer.

Sammy 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Jay > Sammy has covered most of it: connect the CDJs with USB cables, update all drivers, open up the software and adjust the audio settings to pick up the CDJs as your soundcards.

Gavin 0 voti

Hello there Gavin, im going to collect my pair of cdj 900 and djm 900 later, i was wondering what are the steps and the things i require to use traktor on it, and since im buying it in malaysia......does the rekordbox cd comes together in the package or?

Daniel Ang 0 voti

rekordbox does come in the CDJ box, but you can always download the latest version from the rekordbox.com website.

Pulse 0 voti

hey guys thanks for your help, another question where do i buy these leads from also what version of traktor will be best to run through xp with the djm being used as a hardware mixer alongside the cdjs cheers

jay 0 voti

The CDJ series have Advanced-HID support from traktor 2.51 onwards if im correct , No need to map , alot of info on your CDJ screen which removes permanent looking at your laptop.

What do you mean by leads? i guess the cables? You get them at almost every electronic store.

Sammy 0 voti

so i can use the djm as a mixer and run through traktor with cdjs and okay i read up alot about people having trouble sorting out the channels

jay 0 voti

i tried setting up both my cdj 900 and the djm 900 nxs, cant seem to get the program up and running after following all the steps mentioned in the videos and such, can someone provide the details of complete setup without using timecode? URGENT!

Daniel Ang 0 voti

Seriously, it's not that hard...

1) Install the drivers for the CDJs and the mixer.

2) Install the audio manager software for the mixer.

3) Connect CDJs and mixer via USB to the computer.

4) Turn all four channel input knobs to USB.

5) Open Traktor and run the Setup Wizard (under the Help menu) and configure it to use the CDJ900's as controllers.

6) Open the preferences and set the audio setup to use the DJM900nexus as the sound card.

7) On the output routing, configure the mixer as EXTERNAL mode, then assign the channels (if it hasn't already done so) for output on each of the pairs of outputs on the mixer.

DONE.

Pulse 0 voti

what do they mean by mapping even know i been told wont need to do this

jay 0 voti

Okay, after following the instructions above i've managed to get the cdj 900 up and running on the dim 900 with tractor, but only the left deck is popping out the push to connect sign asking me 2 select deck a,b,c or d. After selecting deck a on the left deck it works properly and i can start playing around with it, but as for the right deck there's no message displaying push to connect which I'm unable to utilize the right deck. Is there some problems with my settings or? 

Daniel Ang 0 voti

i finally have sorted this problem out i downloading a trial version traktor to see what it was all about and managed to manualy sort otu the channels so there wasnt to tracks coming through one channel . im not sure what the difference between traktor and traktor dj pro is and i also have another question if your playing out live do u need the external soundcard, or can u just use ur lpatop and the pioneers and the traktor software?

jay 0 voti

@Jay > As the CDJ900s contain built in soundcards, you do not need an external soundcard. Therefore, your setup will be 2x CDJs, 1x mixer, 1x laptop w/ Traktor.

Gavin 0 voti

ahh i see thank u and what would be the best traktor version to run this with as i see there are so many different versions

jay 0 voti

how would i go about hooking up my 2cdj 900's and my djm 400 mixer?

Chris C. 0 voti

@Chris > Hooking them up to Traktor is it? Connect each CDJ to your laptop via USB and set everything else up as normal.

Gavin 0 voti

Hi Gavin,

Wondered if you could help, as am very stuck trying to hook everything up to Traktor Pro 2. 

Have got the DJM 900 & 2x CDJ 2000s, and want to set it up so that they all work together with Traktor (i.e. so I can control the tracks with Traktor on my mac , but from the CDJs via the DJM), but getting very confused with 'time codes' (and what that means) & whether the CDJs need separate USB connections to the mac. Any chance I can rig the CDJs into the DJM (perhaps via RCA) and run it through 1 USB from the mixer into tractor to control it all? Need a setup. Want to control Traktor entirely from the DJM & CDJs.

Thanks in advance! Much appreciated.

ASHLEY COOPER 0 voti

@Ashley > You need to have three USB cables running from all three of your units into your Mac. Connect everything else up normally i.e. RCA cables connecting your CDJs into their respective channels on the mixer.

You'll need to download the CDJ Aggregator to get the soundcards working correctly.

Then, run the setup wizard. If you are presented with any difficulties, please come back to us for help.

Gavin 0 voti

Hello there. If someone could please help me hooking up my cdj 800mk2 and cdj 850 and djm 700 to my laptop. I got 2 traktor mk2 timecode CD's already and a traktor interface audio 6. I don't know what cables I need to hook them up and do I need something else to make my set up work??

I'll truly appreciate your help!!!

Mario Nava 0 voti

I'm trying to use my cdj's as controllers and I have a Mac computer and traktor scratch pro software

Mario Nava 0 voti

@Mario > Please open your own topic in future if you are having trouble.

Please follow this diagram for setting up your equipment:

In addition, you'll need to connect the Audio 6 card to your Mac by USB. Then you'll need to configure the audio settings within Traktor and thats it!

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin > yeah i will definitely open my own topic. 

ok so i plugged everything as the diagram says and connected the audio 6 card to the mac via USB. When i do that traktor recognizes the cdj's but i doesn't calibrates the timecode cd's. Also the bpm goes really high and i can only use the plate and the play & stop button in the CDJ's. i want to use all the buttons of the cdj's and be able to pick the songs from the players. 

i would appreciate if you could please tell me how to exaclty configure everything in order for traktor to work with the CDJ's 800mk2 & 850. Thanks a lot for your time Gavin!

Mario Nava 0 voti

@Mario > Lets leave the DJM-850 out of the setup just for now - lets get the CDJs working first.

Did you run the Setup Wizard?

Gavin 0 voti

Gavin thanks for your time! 

So heres a quick video of how my traktor looks like after i plug everything as the diagram says. i don't know what options to pick on the setup wizard but I've tried some options and it doesn't seem to work... 

Mario Nava 0 voti

This topic has been closed due to inactivity. Should you require future assistance with this issue, please create a new topic describing the problem and provide the URL of this topic as reference.

Pulse 0 voti