Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

do i buy the 2000NEXUS when i have the 2000mk1 (i have a buyer already)

Just wanted peoples thoughts. i have a buyer already offering a good price for my 2 month old mk1s. i could then upgrade (i say upgrade)

to the 2000 Nexus for about an extra £500 but i just wanted to know what people thought about this?.

Is it worth paying out an extra £500? should i just keep the kit i have (i love my mk1s) but i have a DJM900Nexus so i want all of my kit to work to its 

best so would adding 2x 2000 nexus help this?.

HELP!!!!!!! :O)

Kenfold

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

26 commenti

depends on what you are doing with it, if you are just going to control Serato or Traktor, No it's not worth the upgrade, If you are going to use all the 2000's new functions along with RB, then yes, It's a decent upgrade

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I've had mine a couple of weeks and being totally honest I'm underwhelmed and wished I'd not bothered, adding Traktor to your set up and you've got the Nexus and that costs far less than £500.

PaulM72 0 voti

to me, it was worth it because I dont want to use serato or traktor so now I have some of the added DVS features built right into the Nexus, Again, it depends on your personal use, no one can tell you whats a good buy for you

BriChi 0 voti

Unfortunately I have to agree with Paulm72 - totally underwhelmed.

I've run into a few issues which never occurred on my CDJ 2000s.

Leee 0 voti

ok, i bought the 2000 neus players as soon as i could. i dont hesitate in buying pioneer products as i find them the most reliable items out there. I do have a couple of issues with the cdj2000 nxs players but i am certain firmware updates will sort them. 

Message for kenfold, sell your mk1s and buy the nxs players, they are fantastic. Why faff about listening to the people slate them (who probably cant afford them) when it is the same as upgrading your car or tv. I havent touched the beat mix buttons, the new layout is a lot better ane the feel and finish of the machine is better than the first one. buy them.

Just to let you all knw i do have two issue with them, the first being when throwing it into reverse with or without slip mode on, there is a delay which certainly needs rectifying the second is (do you know what, i have forgotten. will add the two problems after tonights gig)

to conclude, Brichi and Paulm72 i disagree with you both. You only need the two players with a couple of pens with analyzde music, i think the new player s are very good and if your gonna lose 500 quid to get the new ones you can put that through your accounts as a loss anyways, buy them

darren alderfield 0 voti

I wouldnt dont know why people want to use any software as virtual dj , serato or traktor with those machines..
2000 nexus looks nice but personally i dont care abou the wave form or the sync button ...
Take care

Benjamin Castro 0 voti

I got 2 CDJ 2000 Nexus and to be honest with you Im having small issues I never had with my old 200s

A) The Pitch (BPM) it`s not steady (constant) it jumps (changes) all the time in every track. too much drip. if I have it on 128.0 BPM it changes all the time to 127.8, 128.1 etc. Me no like that.

I think this is a BUG that would be fix but in the meantime sucks since you expect something new to work perfect

JuanCarlos Sanchez 0 voti

@juancarlos - no problems with pitch here, usually when this crops up people are doing something wrong.

did you analyse your tracks in rekordbox?

if so, was track analysis set to dynamic or normal?

Phil 0 voti

@Phill, Got me on that one.. Its the same music I was using on my old CDJ 2000s and never did the Pitch change!!! I herd I had to re-analyze all my tracks since It was for the new CDJ NEXUS and I did, dont know if it was the correct way but I..

a) went to rekordbox, on my selection Icon I selected all  my trracks and click on ANALIZE TRACK & ANALIZE KEY and then out put to a external drive.

The funny thing is that I went to my local Guitar center where I purchase my CDJ NEXUS and conected my External drive analyzed in Rekordbox to see if it was my CDJ NEXUS doing this and to my surprise it did it on the Display CDJ NEXUS to, and to my more surprise it did it on a old CDJ 2000. now, the amazing part is that this never happen in my old CDJ 2000s with the same process. I want to bet any money that the problem is in the new Rekordbox 2.0.1

Questions!!!

1) what recordbox are you running?

2)can you give more details about the "analysis set to dynamic or normal" you mention. how to do it and the best option in both?

Thanks

@Phill I just went to properties and the analyze is set to dynamic. is it good or hast to be on normal?

thanks man

i'm running rekordbox 2.0.1 which is the latest version. 

go to preferences in rekordbox, in the general tab you'll see the track analysis part and you have 2 options, normal or dynamic. which one is checked?

Phil 0 voti

just seen your post. it should be set to normal. you'll need to re-analyse your files. this will fix your problem!

dynamic mode is only supposed to be used for tracks that have varying tempos. basically, just don't use it. it makes the BPM meter jump about, even though the tempo isn't actually changing. 

Phil 0 voti

@Phil.

it totally makes sense, I was messing around with those settings before I got the Nexus. its that the only setting I have to change or there is some more in properties I have to change?

Phil you are the man, you should work for Pioneer. 8 calls to technical support and they had no clue. I was going crazi since you know how expensive those toys are..

one again thanks. I have a gig tonight and hopefully this was fix by changing that simple setting. i ALSO HAD A PROBLEM USING THE SYNC FEATURE. now it figures

@Phil

sorry guys for so many post but you need to take advantage of someone that knows...

what about these. how you have yours check?

ALLOW ANALYSIS WHILE LAN CONNECTED?

ENABLE KEY ANALYSIS ON IMPORT

AUTOMATICALLY FIX MISALIGNMENT BEATGRID

ha ha, or they could just give me a discount!

honestly mate, no problem at all. that's what this forum is for. i've actually made the same mistake myself so i was pretty sure i knew it was the cause of your issue. yes, it would affect the sync too. it should be fine now.

obviously, a new product is always going to have a few bugs here and there but a good portion of the 'problems' reported on here are either down to user error or faulty files.

good luck with your gig!

Phil 0 voti

what about these. how you have yours check?

ALLOW ANALYSIS WHILE LAN CONNECTED?

this is if you are using your CDJs connected via ethernet to RB on your laptop. i play off a usb drive so keep it switched off.

ENABLE KEY ANALYSIS ON IMPORT

i have this off as i use 'Mixed In Key' to determine the key. only turn this on if you want RB to analyse the key of each track.

AUTOMATICALLY FIX MISALIGNMENT BEATGRID

don't turn this on. it corrected a bug in an old version of RB that affected only a few people...

Phil 0 voti

i'd definitely recommend having a read of the rekordbox pdf manual that installs with the software. it's not the most exciting thing to do, especially when you just want to play on your new decks but i had a read through the other day on a flight and discovered loads of stuff i didn't know about the new version...

Phil 0 voti

ps, it's a good job i didn't take you up on your bet in your second post. LOL.

Phil 0 voti

@Phil... ha ha ha. thanks for the help man!!! good job

@ Phil,

Changin the Analysis Preference in REKORDBOX from Dynamic to Normal did work. Now my PITCH (BPM) is stead, no more jumping around from 128.0 to... 128.1, 127.8 etc. Thanks Man.

I still have issues with the "NEW" SYNC feature and don`t know how to fix it.

First of all clarify something... the SYNC is set to be as accurate as a TRAKTOR software? IF IT IS DONT KNOW HOW TO SET IT.

every time I want to use it it skips a second to play. any idea why

Not sure exactly how you are using it but it sounds like you are engaging it whilst a track is playing. A small jump is normal, traktor does it too, its just the track quantising itself to the master. This is just a guess based on the info supplied.

Phil 0 voti

What's the correct way to use the sync for better use?

@Juan > Experiment with it how you will and whatever works for you - there is no 'correct' way.

Gavin 0 voti