Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Nexus and Traktor

Hi, I can't seem to get the CJDs to connect with Traktor. I followed the instructions from the NI videos and no luck. any ideas? 

Ivan Todorov

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

41 commenti

@Ivan > Tell us about your setup. How have you everything connected up? What kind of laptop are you using?

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

CDJ 2000 Nexus running firmware 1.02, DJM900 running firmware 1.26. I'm using the DJM as an external mixer/soundcard for Traktor (works fine with X10). I have the cdjs connected to channels 2 and 3 to the mixer, and have set their IDs to 2 and 3 respectively. I have the Mixer on MIDI Channel 1, the CDJ with ID2 to MIDI Channel 2, and the CDJ with ID3 to MIDI channel 3. The CDJs, Laptop and Mixer are connected via LAN cables to a gigabit switch, the mixer and CDJs are also connected to the laptop via USB. Running Mac OSX 10.7.5 on a MacBook Air. 

Ivan Todorov 0 voti

Gavin, any thoughts? I can't even find the Advanced HID option in the Utilities menu. 

Ivan Todorov 0 voti

Ah Gavin, I thought all the pio reps were on vacation. Please could you answer the queries me and BriChi have in the other threads about using an iPad to browse a connected hard drive in the way that the Aero works.

Sorry to hijack the thread Ivan.

Looshus 0 voti

Note that the new NI Traktor Z2 pages on NI's website mention Traktor 2.6 and CDJ2000 Nexus support. That said, we're still missing advanced HID from the utilities menu on the Nexus CDJs. 

Ivan Todorov 0 voti

No setting in utilities  for "Advanced HID" is needed.  The original 2000 has that option, a simplified set of HID command support, and an "Advanced" set. 

There is really no need for the option anymore.  Why have two different modes?

Ryan0751 0 voti

I want to connect my TRAKTOR 2.5 with my new CDJ 2000 NEXUS  and I can`t. so mad with pioneer. spent to much money for these items and it looks like they are missing too much updates and bugs to fix if the firmware and software. PIONEER NEXT TIME FIX YOUR SH@#T FIRST AND THE SELL THE PRODUCT.

JuanCarlos Sanchez 0 voti

why are you mad at Pioneer JuanCarlos? it's not their fault you didn't research your purchase properly. there are plenty of posts on NI's forum and on here stating that they don't work yet as Native Instruments need to update Traktor to take advantage of the new Nexus features. The update is due later this month.

Phil 0 voti

Traktor 2.5 does not currently support the CDJ 2000 Nexus.

DJNR 0 voti

I think it's the other way around. The HID-funtion just isn't on the Nexus. It's like being punished for buying a new product. As you already guessed I bought 2X the Nexus on the blind. And yes, I didn't research my purchase. But that is of course Bullshit! It's just not right to Degrate an new product with this prise. Does Pioneer want to sell there new stuff of not? It's a bit sick now to sell them and buy two secondhand CDJ2000Mk1 on the internet. Besause mine where in mint condition.

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

Lex, the Nexus DOES support HID and works great with Traktor 2.6 and nexus FW 1.02, not sure whats up with 1.04, havent tested it yet being I mainly use RB, not Traktor

BriChi 0 voti

There's a Youtube movie on the internet which's show's this. But in the Menu I cannot find the HID-function. I installed the FW 1.04, it still isn't in the menu. How does this work?

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

On the 2000Mk1 there's in the drop-down menu a clear choice, HID-Standard/Advanced. On the Nxs there isn't. I have to say, operate Traktor 2.5.1(because 2.6.0 is a mess). what do I need to do. or install. And please don't say only, it's possible!

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

I already know this, I worked with the 2000's Mk1. I cannot imagine that it's not working with 2.5.1. Is this really only possible with 2.6.0?? Can somebody confirm this. Because than I have to wait for 2.6.1(2.6.0 is crap) Thx

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

From N-I's forum:

Traktor Pro 2.6 now available!

Hi all,

The 2.6 update for Traktor is now available for download via the usual channels. Please find the list of changes below.

Best wishes,

Keir. 

• TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 integration
  • 11 new "MacroFX" single-knob combination effects
  • "Flux Mode" retains song position during HotCues, Beatjumps, Loops etc.
  • Post-Fader mode for FX Units
  • Factory Map Override option for individual Controllers in Controller Manager
  • New gain system with independent Channel Gain knobs and Auto-Gain knobs
  • New "Z ISO" EQ and "Z" filter models as featured on Z2 mixer
  • Z ISO EQ is now full kill at the left end of knobs path
  • New "QuickSnap" behavior for the EQ and Filter controls
  • New Transport Preference prevents Remix Decks from becoming Tempo Masters
  • New Transport Preference limits Tempo Master to On-Air Decks to become Tempo Masters
  • HID support for Pioneer CDJ 2000nexus (SLIP button is mapped to FLUX mode)
  • Minor gain-staging adjustments for Live Input Deck
  • Various other fixes and improvements
oakstream 0 voti

Thank you Oakstream for taking your time. Unfortunately this means i'am stuck in the middle. Or is there a possibility to hook the Nexus up with Traktor 2.5.1 and No, isn't that a littlebit strange?

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

Why is 2.6 a mess for you? If you have Traktor Scratch you can always use TimeCode...

oakstream 0 voti

If you read the NI-forum other users have the same problems as I have. If you use another controller than the X1, F1(I have the Xone 1D) all the settings are messed up. Looping problems, Sinc problems etc etc. There is really much to do about this. It's the same when 2.5.0 came out. We had to wait for 2.5.1 to have everything work properly. Going back to TimeCode-CD's is not an option. I wait for 2.6.1 Thanks again, always nice to talk to another Dj.

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

I have No issues with TRAKTOR 2.6

My setup is: 2 CDJ-2000 NEXUS AND 1 DJM-900 NEXUS. 

It works perfect with no issues with Traktor 2.6. Loops, cue points etc. perfect.

check your settings. I use a Mac Book pro on it.

You don't get it. Telling me how good your set work's doesn't help me at all. Pff

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

I do get it you spent around $4,000 US dollars on PRO Equipment you want to use with a $90 US Dollar software...

Totally stupid. if you are a real DJ use the CDJ`s the way they are. forget about sync etc. and use your ears to beat match and stop complaining.

If you can`t handle the oldschool of beatmatch by ear the by a timecode traktor.

I dont use Traktor but Im telling you that in my experience I see it working perfectly...

SMFH with this people. if its not working its not working...

I have to agree with Juan on this, if all you bought the Nexus decks for is to control Traktor, what a waste of f'n money, return them and buy the MK1's, the nexus' do NOTHING the mk1's cant do when it comes to controlling software

BriChi 0 voti

Or how about you guys stop being condescending jerks and actually help them out? They bought the players already. Let them use them how they want.

DJNR 0 voti

wow really, well the nasty part started when he said """"You don't get it. Telling me how good your set work's doesn't help me at all. Pff""""  and secondly I was just doing some research and coming to conclusions from my setup testing traktor on what can be wrong being that everyone here knows I try and test and help you all out, But now fuck it, good luck Lex, im off this one

BriChi 0 voti

Telling Lex that he should just be using CDJs without software isn't helpful, it's elitist. Lex was right in saying that it didn't help him, because it didn't.

As for help, it has been mentioned that the HID mode for the CDJ 2000 Nexus can be accessed only by Traktor 2.6. There's no testing that needs to be done, just an upgrade.

DJNR 0 voti

Thank you DJNR. If people think I didn't do my research they are wrong. And BriChi? What was your helping part?

Lex van Kooten 0 voti

Agree, but Lex already knows that the NEXUS don`t work with Traktor 2.5.1 ect. only with 2.6. and he still does not get the message.

Is like going to the doctor to treat any illness and you get a prescription and you still don`t want to take it. STUPID X1000.