Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

11 follower Segui

new cdj2000 FW feature question

so does this mean the cdj2000 on its own can also do

-- WAVEFORM ZOOM

-- KEY indicators

-- ACTIVE LOOP

-- HOT CUE AUTO LOAD

-- MY SETTINGS SAVE/LOAD

???

BriChi

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

44 commenti

Don't get me wrong, my point was a subtle way of saying "be pleased you still have your MK1s but hopefully the Nexus will be sorted soon". :)

Mark90 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

i am extremely grateful that a friend of mine owns like 20 2000mk1's and is able to part with 2 of them and let me hold on to them until I decide what route I am going

BriChi 0 voti

I really hope it doesn't come to that.

I would hope that Pioneer would have the decency to take back and sort out the faulty decks.

As you said they do not work as advertised.

Certain car manufacturers have had faults with their cars in the past which all got called back. Hopefully Pioneer will do the same here.

I really hope it doesn't come to this though.

Leee 0 voti

So correct me if I'm wrong but this update allows the CDJ2000's to display waveforms and auto-load cues etc. only if they're plugged in with a Nexus? So this is essentially saying hey if you drop another $2k on a nexus then we will enable these features on your old mk1? Why can't we get these features without having to shell out for a new player if they are indeed capable of doing this? This is a massive F/U in my eyes to Mk1 users, especially the auto hot cue which I'm sure we've been asking for for a long time. There are still a lot of really neat features the nexus offers, I don't see why Pioneer has to lock us out like that. Really very disappointed. I wish I'd have waited and just bought an NI Z2 mixer at least they don't bag their older users. Anyone can use the new traktor 2.6 features w/o having to buy their brand new hardware. 

jnko 0 voti

no, this update adds nothing to the 2000mk1, it only allows the Nexus to work at it's full intention IF it is linked to a 2000mk1 with the latest 4.20 FW update, Again, this adds nothing at all to the mk1

one thing some users have pointed out, And I see also though is the hot starts load faster now, actually faster then the Nexus, So talk about a big f/u! 

BriChi 0 voti

So this doesn't add those features to the MK1 if it's plugged in to the Nexus? What the hell does it even do? When I first read it, my first thought was they added these features to the MK1's. I was so stoked then I found out it does nothing and I shouldn't even bother upgrading. 

jnko 0 voti

same here man, but no, all it does is allow the nexus to work as intended if a usb drive is plugged into the MK1, the Nexus can now use all it's features over the LINK, before the update the Nexus would be a little crippled if paired with a MK1, so yes, Nothing new is added to the mk1

but like Gavin (I believe was the one) who said, they are still supporting the MK1 and theres nothing saying they wont have another update with some more improvements

BriChi 0 voti

Perhaps they should try wording it a little more clearly. 

jnko 0 voti

@BriChi > Correct! We've never said we're done with the Mk1.

Gavin 0 voti

@DJccccc > Sometimes you just have to read between the lines - I told you this at BPM ;)

Gavin 0 voti

the way i see it is that the nexus is just a mk1 with more buttons and more features....features that the mk1 could easily have with a decent firmware update, in my honest opinion i know pioneer say they're not done with the mk1 but all the headway will be made with the nexus and the mk1 owners will be left far back and only get nexus style features and updates when they are out of date for the new model,

Steven Ramage 0 voti

I also agree with you Steven.

DJM-2000 with fw 3.0 has to control the sync and master. Then this function could be implemented easily in MK1 via software.

Pioneer has not yet informed the new processor feature of the nexus. So maybe would be possible to implement waveform (actually this function only shows the waveform that has already been processed by the RB, the rest is pretty much positioning on the screen).

Perhaps the only function that would be complicated to implement SLEEP function (due to lack of button panel of MK1) but perhaps that could be implemented by software.

All these possibilities could be implemented only because the songs are usable when they are processed by the RB.

Without the use of RB the CDJ-2000MK1 and CDJ-2000nexus are basic equipment in use. Thus the CDJ-2000 MK1 would not be obsolete equipment since a firmware update (as was the case with the DJM-2000 MK1) would solve a large part of the problems that users have invested a great value for the purchase of MK1 (even if the MK1 already has over 3 years of life).

Doctor DJ 0 voti

All suggestions and requests have been forwarded to the engineers - thank you.

Gavin 0 voti