Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ 2000 Freezes with message NOW LOADING ...

I have noticed strange errors when doing readings from my External HD.

I thought the problem could be the Hd. Then I used another HD (formatted, and transfer again all playlists) but the problem recurred.

In some intermittent moments the music is not loaded and the message NOW LOADING ... is shown and the CDJ freezes. I tried to reproduce the problem but could not get an exact rule, but I could see some steps:

• Folder organized by BPM

• LAN connection with RB

• LINK button pressed in RB

• When loading a song (in intermittent moments) the message NOW LOADING ... is shown is the CDJ does not work anymore. It is necessary disconnecting / reconnecting the CDJ to return to work.

With the network cable unplugged the problem happens less frequently.

My songs are re-processed with the new version RB.

The problem occurs in the CDJ with Hd is connected and also the CDJ that is connected via LINK.

Please if anyone has a solution to this problem please help me, because the Pioneer simply is not interested in users CDJ 2000 mk1. Thank you.

My configuration:

2 x CDJ 2000 mk1 with 4.20 Firmware

1 x DJM 2000

1 x MacBook Pro with RB 2.0.1

1 x Toshiba External HD 1TB FAT32

Doctor DJ

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

32 commenti

No.

The problem occurs intermittently. In an instant the music is played normally and in another instant message NOW LOADING ... is shown.

I did all the tests on the external HD and found no error.

Doctor DJ 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Pioneer really has no concern for the consumer. Thousands of complaints and so far no reply, no fix.
This is disrespectful. Thousands of dollars spent on these devices. Pioneer should worry about correcting the problems of existing equipment (most of the problems are software) than launching new devices in the market.

Doctor DJ 0 voti

Could it be that your HDD goes into "sleep mode"? What is the exact model of your HDD? Is it USB powered or do you have an external power supply?

oakstream 0 voti

Toshiba N723 Z218 with 1TB and USB 3.0. Powered via USB. I do not believe that HD enters sleep mode because the error happens even when it is performing a song in another CDJ via Link.

As I informed earlier, this problem was already happening with my other HD (Samsung S2 Portable 640GB USB powered).

Doctor DJ 0 voti

I couldn't find a manual for the Toshiba drive but the Samsung drive goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes. You can change the power settings in Samsung Drive Manager.

From the Samsung Drive Manager Manual:

What is drive power settings?

Energy consumption can be reduced through power settings for the hard disk.

The external hard disk is automatically put on stand-by when not used for the set period of time.

On the Power Settings screen:

- Select an external hard disk to set.

- Select Use Power Settings.

- If [Power On] is selected: Set the off time in [Power off after specified period of time].

- Click [OK].

Information: The factory settings are [Use Power Settings - Power On] and [Power off after specified period of time - 5 minutes].

If you load a song and it plays for more than 5 minutes then the HDD could go into standby mode.

Try a different drive, I still think it has something to do with the sleep/standby mode...

I'm using a LaCie d2 Quadra HDD with external power supply and it never goes to sleep (there's a switch on the back of the HDD: ON-AUTO-OFF) I have it set to ON.

oakstream 0 voti

I'll do the tests but these problems did not exist in Samsung HD.

The Toshiba HD is new so I do not know if this would be the problem.

Even the HD going into sleep mode, it should be accessed to return to work and not getting the message NOW LOADING ...

I noticed this problem after updating to version 2.0.1 rekordbox. The RB automatically processed all my files whenever I accessed a playlist.

Doctor DJ 0 voti

I've got the same problem in different set ups:

iPad via WiFi

iPad via USB

LaCie Fastkey (USB 3.0 SSD Stick)

LaCie XtremKey (USB 2.0)

MacBook Air via WiFi

MacBook Air via Ethernet...

It happens after about half an hour . It looks like some kind of RAM memory which is being used up...

MR.SHAKE 0 voti

Yep same here !

Cat 6 rj45's

gigaswitch netgear box

quad core pc with 1tb 7200 rpm

latest rb and firmware

it' like some kind of data transfer issue.....

:( 

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

For everyone in this thread, are you using rekordbox and if so, have you updated to 2.0.2?

Gavin 0 voti

Its the same with the new release of Rob too.I can make it happen by loading a track and then fast forwarding into the track and the deck will lockup, but reload on either deck again and it plays fine........ done a 5hour mix with a mate and was loosing the will to live by the end ....his 100 quid numarks don't do it..was said.....not happy.

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

Rb not rob.. sent from my phone ...predictive en all......lol

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

@Mark > Ok, going to create a ticket for the engineers. I'll probably have a few questions for you in a bit.

Gavin 0 voti

Follow up questions from the engineers:

• Where is Doctor DJ’s External HD connected to? 

Is it connected to Mac and via rekordbox linked to CDJ? Or, does he use the USB port on CDJ?

• The setup of Mark Fiddes is as follows: 

Cat 6 rj45's 

gigaswitch netgear box 

quad core pc with 1tb 7200 rpm 

Then, does he play tracks exported from rekordbox not directly from the USB port?

• Does Pieter-Jurgen MrShake Hommel use CDJ-2000nexus because he is using iPad? 

Does this issue occur when tracks exported from rekordbox (Mac or iPad) or when a USB device is used?

- Do any of you have any trigger to occur this issue or any information related with this issue? 

Gavin 0 voti

I use the HD plugged directly into the USB port of CDJ2000.

I did some testing and detected that the problem is the HD going into sleep mode.

With the HD connected directly to the Mac via RB problem does not occur, but plugged into the USB port of the CDJ problem occurs all the time.

Doctor DJ 0 voti

My tracks are all in RB and dragged and dropped into the linked players.i don;t use anything via the usb or sd card slots...

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

More than a month after my post a first respons? Sorry, in the meanwhile I gave up on Rekordbox and blew off the dust of my uncrashable serato...

MR.SHAKE 0 voti

Ps. I did wait till 2.0.2 but it was even worse to work with because of all crashes.

MR.SHAKE 0 voti

I think i didn't have 1 issue with the previous cdj firmware......

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

So still no update on these issues that us MK1 2000 people are having?

Mark Fiddes 0 voti

@Mark > My apologies for the delay, I've updated the engineers with your feedback and am awaiting a reply.

Gavin 0 voti

Some follow up questions from the engineers:

Doctor DJ said he detected that the problem is the HD going into sleep mode. 

This can be fixed by cancelling sleep mode. 

Would you ask him if the issue was fixed by cancelling sleep mode?

Other 2 users said that "Now Loading" is displayed when rekordbox is used by LINK. 

This issue should be different from the case of Doctor DJ.

Would you ask them if the issue has not be seen since updated to rekordbox Ver.2.0.3? 

As the release note of rekordbox 2.0.3 includes “Fixed an issue where the CDJ would freeze when using the ProDJ LINK if the FOLDER category was at the top of the active category list in rekordbox,” the freeze issue would be fixed with this update.

Gavin 0 voti

Gavin: I could not disable sleep mode on my HD.

Toshiba's software has the option to disable sleep mode.

The HD that causes the problem I'm only using the computer along with the RB.

There is no problem with the RB via ProDJ LINK.

Now I'm alone with the CDJ-2000 Nexus.

I tested the Toshiba HD NXS and the same problem occurred.

There was a huge Demura initial reading of HD's USB port CDJ NXS.

Doctor DJ 0 voti

damn, did the track you were trying to load have album artwork attached, I keep reading that beatport files with artwork are problematic for some reason, may be the size of the artwork or something

i'm not saying this is the fix for everyone but you mentioned Beatport in the video, thats what made me think of it

BriChi 0 voti

I was just able to reproduce it. I'll put up a video shortly. It's a 320 mp3 and the file is about 12mb. Not sure on artwork... that's interesting. Here's how I reproduced it: right as I selected the track, the auto-cues started to auto load. It freezed when I tried to interrupt the auto-load by pressing the hot cue C button with the cue call button. I get so used to having to manually call up the cues sometimes I forget they auto load.  Still a pretty bad bug. 

On another note... would it be possible to have the emergency loop resume playback once the storage device is remounted? Like be able to press reloop/exit once the file is able to be read again and pick back up? 

Christian Jackson 0 voti

I was gonna say that too, Has to suck when it's the main deck too because you are forced to reboot which kills the other decks

BriChi 0 voti