Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

New to the forum and the CDJ 2000 world.

First post here. I've been using technics 1200's for almost 20 years.  Bought serato in 05 and was happy with the switch from vinyl to digital. I finally bought a CDJ 2000 and I love them.

Did my first two gigs without serato and I'm glad I made the change.  It's so much easier to switch between djs in the club, the sound is better and I don't have to bring my laptop.

I have a few issues like skratching on the first beat and I feel a bit slower without the ability to search with a keyboard. I'm sure I'll get used to this over time.

Anyhow, just introducing myself here.  Gonna read through the forums so I could learn more about these decks.

Andy Bandoma

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

8 commenti

I have a few issues like skratching on the first beat

yup, been complaining about that for years, lol. It sucks

I feel a bit slower without the ability to search with a keyboard. I'm sure I'll get used to this over time.

yeah but you can use the needle strip to search by letters, not sure if you knew that or not, Not as fast as a keyboard, but better then nothing

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yea I've been using the needle search function. Its definitely not as fast, but it helps.  When it comes down to it, I think I need to organize everything in rekordbox really well.  

When I do house sets, I'm good. When I do open format sets, that's where it gets tricky.

The other issue I have is scratching on the first beat.  I'll load the hot cues, scratch and the track scrolls back. I'll hit the hot cue and it will jump back to the last song I played.  

I've used the cdjs in HID mode with serato, and its awesome but I'm definitely over bringing my laptop.

Andy Bandoma 0 voti

yeah, i really wish they would fix the "scratching on first beat" issue, If the player is in "single" mode, allow the marker to spin back past the first beat but NOT go to the previous track so you have room to scratch, [comp] has this down perfect yet pioneer cant do it, SMH

BriChi 0 voti

@Andy > Welcome to the forums, congrats on your purchase.

Thanks for your comments - Pioneer is very appreciative of all feedback. I know one of the issues being addressed is continuous playback as you are discussing above in relation to scratching on the first beat. Please keep an eye out for a firmware update.

Gavin 0 voti

Hey Andy- Same story but have been using Traktor. Glad to say goodbye to the lappy and re-connect with the crowd! I'm in love all over again. I agree with searching being slower. Using Rekordbox and setting all the beat grids and cue point is so easy. When I'm home my set-up is with Rekordbox and my lappy using a smart switch. The tracks load faster thanTraktor and my controller.

Rob D 0 voti

@Gavin - Thanks man. I've been having a great time djn on these players.  I did have one issue the other night. It was probably my fault for not paying attention. There were a few times I thought I loaded my hot cues.  It takes me a few seconds to match the beats in my headphones.  After letting the song play out, I hit my hot cue and it ends up jumping to a hot cue of the last track I played. Like I said, it was probably my fault for not loading it correctly.  

@Rob D - glad to hear you made the switch too! 

Andy Bandoma 0 voti

@Andy > Great stuff! It sounds like you've your hot cues assigned to different tracks - as you say, user error. If you try it again and do think its a hardware problem, please let us know or, indeed, if we can help you with your workflow just ask!

Gavin 0 voti