Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 & DJM 900 NEXUS VOLUME AND EQ'S

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to 3x CDJ2000's  Im using the USB and LINK Functions, Im using a LAN Switch box to network the 3x CDJs They have the latest firmware updates on them. I also running a DJM900 Nexus Mixer. What I have noticed is that when your chopping and chaning between tracks the volume levels just randomly spike? Its got nothing to do with the tunes as I am running them I CDJ version and they play fine. Its real awkward sometimes you switch the bass off on one channel and it will start spiking up into the red which shouldnt be the case. Also when you cut between tracks and do Bass switches the volume levels just spike up randomly when they shouldn't. Solution guys?

Reece Mercadante

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

43 commenti

I get the same thing but I'm using cdj nexus with djm 2000.

I honestly thought that it was the nexus decks causing this but maybe it is rekordbobox 2.1?

Leee 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Same thing for me, updated my DJM 900 nexus to latest firmware, using CDJ 2000 Nexus and the volume randomly spikes or there no bass at all. @Pioneer - Had the latest firmware update for DJM 900 Nexus something to do with the master volume?

Taang 0 voti

This is getting ridiculous, Ive had nothing but problems with CDJ2000's Bring back the CDJ1000MK3 - a reliable piece of machinery that played CD's effectively. I hate to sound like a hater. But Pioneer have invested all this time in functions that 99% of DJ's dont actually use. 

Reece Mercadante 0 voti

Ditto i raised a post on this thinking it was Nexus related but I also use RB 2.0.1. TO BE CLEAR THIS NEVER HAPPENED ON CDJ2000 MK1 so lets keep things sensible 

Paulm72 0 voti

I need a bit more information on this -- please detail how you have things connected (including audio cabling and whether it's analog or digital), what kind of song you are playing, from what source and what firmware / software you have running.

Pulse 0 voti

All connected via spdif into db4 mixer and Rekordbox connected to ethernet hub and iMac computer. Exactly as connected with CDJ2000 mk1's however since moving to Nexus I have to constantly adjust the trim to keep parity. Definitely a problem that wasn't experienced on the old decks and older RB programs. All files played are Beatport 320 MP3 files. Everything is consistant in my use the only difference is the nexus decks and the new RB software 

Paulm72 0 voti

CDJ Nexus connected to DJM 2000 via digital.

I never had a problem with my CDJ Mk1s.

The only difference is the CDJ 2000 Nexus decks and the new Rekordbox.

The gain levels are all over the place.

Leee 0 voti

Gear:

CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus all linked via a hub and audio are connected via digital. Using beatport MP3 on USB sticks Firmware 1.04 on CDJ´s, 1,26 on DJM.

Don't want to confuse @Pulse or @Gavin now, but my problem with different levels on both channel and master volume out was after updating my 900 nexus to the firmware 1,26...

Also would like to make a comment regarding all other bugs BriChi discovered, got a lot of those too on the 2000Nexus, but u guys already knows about that so...

I talked to a certified Pioneer repair shop, and I was told that Pioneer lowered the output in firmware 1.26 because of the spiking causing by the sound color FX's, @Gavin and @Pulse - Is this correct?

Taang 0 voti

....I'm using RB 2.0.1 for all my MP3.... And also there, beatgrid and first cue point is way of no matter what I do...

Taang 0 voti

Sorry I forgot to mention. All tracks are MP3 320 from Beatport. All analysed (normal) through 2.01 Rekordbox.

I have tried usb stick and Laptop to DJM 2000 running rekordbox which makes no difference.

@Paulm72 I went to try an Xone DB4 over the weekend. Nice mixer but until I get to the bottom of these levels I don't think I will enjoy it.

Leee 0 voti

Im Using 3x CDJ2000 MK1 1x DJM900 Nexus. Have version 4.20 firmware on CDJ's. Just have the standard factory firmware on the DJM900. 

Using Netgear Network Card linking from USB 3 formated to FAT32. All tunes are analyzed through Rekordbox v2.01 and sorted in playlists. The tunes are 320 Beatport, Juno, Track it down, downloads. Some of the tunes are my own that I have produced, some of the tunes are dubs from other producers. 

The CDJ's are plugged in using RCA on CD/Line. On channels 2.3.4 on the mixer. They are all networked on my Netgear Switch box which is recommended by Pioneer on these forums. 

I start off with my intro tune on Channel 2 ive got another tune on channel 3 which I double drop with. The tunes double drop together but as you do volume fader cuts on channel 3 and eq swiches on the tune going on channel 3 there seems to be a delay in the EQ response and the volume of channel 3 just randomly spikes into the red and holds . Playing these two tunes on CD does not happen. I have also networked the DJM900 into the switchbox but it makes no difference I have replaced the RCA cables but it makes no difference either? And it seems to do it on other tunes as well? Help

Reece Mercadante 0 voti

This is my home set up. My question to you guys is whats the solution if were playing out in a club? Dont say laptop because im not doing it.

Reece Mercadante 0 voti

i don't think it's rekordbox, it looks like a digital problem to me for those of you using the NXS decks. if you try using RCA plugs to your mixer instead, do you still get these spikes?

it's the one common factor between paulm72, leee and taang as you are all using different mixers but all connected using the digital connections.

i have exactly the same setup as paulm72 (NXS & DB4), connected using digital and have not had volume spikes though which is a bit odd. what settings do you have your digital output set to in the CDJ menu, i use 24bit (it's the only thing i can think of that might be different on my setup vs paulm72's)

Phil 0 voti

hey guys, I know this doesnt help the problem much just figured I would add that I have not had this issue yet, finally I have found that I am not having an issue with something on these decks! LOL...

I have mine hooked up all digital, single rca cable going from my digital out of Nexus to digital in of DJM900, I use RB from my laptop linked to the players all the time when playing live, now I have only used these on about 4 of my last 15 events being they have the obvious issues but I play at about 4 hours per gig plus PLENTY of testing time and I never noticed any difference in minor adjustments I have to make from track to track. 

BriChi 0 voti

are you guys with problems using decent digital coax rca for the signal, between 900nx & cdj2000x... if you use cheap / poor rca cables you would probably hit the bandwidth of a standard rca sending digital signals down it. just thought i'd mention this as some assume using bog standard rca cables will do... and sometimes you can get away with it... but its not a robust solution!

Matt Jackson 0 voti

@Matt, I have been using the standard RCA cable that came with the decks in the digital in/out for years and never had an issue, again, that doesnt mean it's the right thing to do, But i have been lucky I guess

BriChi 0 voti

you have been lucky - the frequency and bit rate can kill a standard rca - and will cause drop outs and all sorts... those in the box are for analog signals not digital... but if its worked for you fair enough - it didnt for me so i purchased proper digital coax cables... well actually robbed em from my home cinema system... dvd player.. and cd player... lol but they are fit for the job!

Matt Jackson 0 voti

BriChi,  that would be fine!

p1sses me off how they charge so much more for so called 'digital cables'... what hifi cable snobbery!  glad hdmi does away with all this mumbo jumbo... another rant forming here lol

Matt Jackson 0 voti

My decks are set at 24bit.

I'll dig some rca cables out tomorrow and try them.

I never had this problem with my CDJ 2000 Mk1's with the same digital connection.

All these faults are draining me. It's become such an hassle trying to use the decks.

I'm thinking I might go back to traktor and take a look at all this in a few months.

Leee 0 voti

Gavin posted tonight that there's a new firmware announcement soon and there's going to be a fix for a lot of the issues using mp3s reported on here. Try and tough it out until then.

Phil 0 voti

Thanks for that - I don't like to get my hopes up but fingers crossed.

Leee 0 voti

Monoprice is one of the best places to buy cables, period. They will happily ship to your location wherever you are. I usually stock up when I visit family in the States though.

Gavin 0 voti

yup, I ordered them from there because i needed a wall mount for my bedroom lcd also, so i killed 2 bird in 1 shipment :)

BriChi 0 voti

Ok, but what if were in a club situation and there is no Digital Cables, What if the mixer and CDJ's dont have the correct firmware on them? I play at different clubs across my home town and country? What do we do?

Reece Mercadante 0 voti

what if were in a club situation and there is no Digital Cables - digital vs regular rca connection won't kill your performance so thats not something to worry about

What if the mixer and CDJ's dont have the correct firmware on them? I personally keep the firmware on flash drives in my bag, If I see the decks are out of date and I have time, I will update them, if not, then bitch to club that their installer does not keep up with the gear they put in and the decks are out of date fw wise and unstable

BriChi 0 voti

@Matt Jackson, or anyone who knows the answer, googled around but no definitive ones yet

Purchased $6 digital cables from Monoprice, Now can i use and right angle adapter at each end of them? I hate having cables sticking out the back, looks sloppy and can get damaged if hit, i have the ones in the pic i attached, does it rally matter or I cannot use adapters with digital cables ( I know they will work, but I am still going to change dropouts?)

If not, i will just store these and look for right angle digital cables

thanks guys for any help!

BriChi 0 voti