Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

Dont talk to me about drifting loops (NEXUS CDJ 2000)

I know that other members are having issues with the CDJ 2000 Mk1s drifting with loops  (They were fine before the firmware update) but I said weeks ago that the Nexus CDJs are doing the same and certain members on here suggested that I was doing something wrong.

Listen to me when I tell you that the Nexus decks drift BADLY when setting ANY kind of loop!

Please don't come back and ask me the usual - What are you using? tracks through rekordbox? Beatgrids checked? etc etc...

All of the above and tonight I tried USB stick and Laptop with Rekordbox connected through DJM 2000.

EVERY TRACK DRIFTED.

This is the first time I have used these useless decks in weeks as I'm so annoyed with them!

I did the basics - Play a track - mix a track in, adding the odd loop at the end of a track.

NOPE - Can't even do this without all the so called bells and whistles turned off (quantize and your new market seller - SYNC)

Please put this through to the engineers as these decks can't even do the basics!

I really don't know how long I can hold onto these decks without returning them as they are totally NOT AS ADVERTISED.

Leee

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

15 commenti

Sorry *with all the so called bells and whistles turned off*

Leee 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

It should be pretty obvious that you need quantize ON

Dj Daywalker 0 voti

So, you turned quantise off and then come on here and complain that the quantised loops drift?

Phil 0 voti

I turned the quantise off (on the decks) as this causes my decks to freeze more.

The loops were going out last time I used them with quantise ON.

ON, OFF. It makes no difference on these decks whatsoever.

I suggest you turn it in Phil as all you do is respond to people's threads with an attitude saying that we are all wrong.

We can't all be wrong regarding the faults on these decks can we?

I've been Djing for 20 years so can safely say I know what i'm doing.

Leee 0 voti

freezing, skipping, rebooting, link issues.. getting crazy here! FIX the damn Nexus players!

Will 0 voti

leee - i have NXS players too and have no problem with drifting loops. i don't ever say anyone wrong - just not everyone has the same issues which usually (not always) means user error or bad files. there was a long running debate about drifting on the mark 1's which turned out to be bad files and user error. the NXS certainly have a lot of bugs but you're the only one (i think) to have mentioned this which makes me think you're doing something wrong. why don't you post a link to one of your problem tracks to test? you don't have track analysis set to 'dynamic' in your rekordbox prefs do you?

Phil 0 voti

Most people seem to have issues.. some people claim its not so bad for them.. will it is for me and LOTs of others so please FIX it pioneer!

Jack EDM 0 voti

No it isn't set to Dynamic.

I've tried all sorts to try resolve it but, nothing will stop the tracks from drifting (when looping).

I took some tracks round to a friends today and we tried them on his CDJ 900's. Guess what? The tracks didn't drift.

They also didn't drift when playing them on my previous CDJ 2000 mk1's and are also perfect when looping in Traktor.

I have posted this asking the mods if they could pass this onto the engineers. I really don't want to get into a debate whether I'm doing something wrong as the tracks have been tried on other hardware/software.

Leee 0 voti

I have quantize on, dynamic off, and my tracks still drift.

DJNR 0 voti

Same problem on my (old) cdj2000 !!!

Recordbox 2.0.1, CDJ2000-FW 4.20

Since the update there's a problem loops.

Here's a short discripion...

Play a track on player 1. Set a loop. Play the same track on player 2. Set a loop. Beatmatch the two tracks. Now listen for 10-30 seconds and you are hearing the problem :-)

Sorry for my bad english... :-)

steve 0 voti

The Nexus at this minute seems one of the most unreliable products Pioneer has every released. There must be 40 people + now who have given negative feedback and performance issues with the player. Again Pioneer Engineers, your systems of testing have Failed! The forum moderators are doing their best to keep people on side ... but how can you have let these players out in such poor firmware conditions ? 

DJccccc 0 voti

Don't know why pioneer have no beta tester for new firmwares.

It's simple, realese a beta firmware, upload it to this forum, there are enough people who want to try out new fw. When all bugs are fixed, then realese the final version for everyone :-)

steve 0 voti

You cannot have beta-tester on a product not released yet (nexus and first firmware). But internal test is, huh. there is no internal test and you can see the result.

Press play, have a coffee, come back. Player is running: ok, certified firmware...

When you think about the cdj 1000, who made the reputation of pioneer. I do not understand what is going on since that time.

Galipao 0 voti

As has been mentioned in the other threads, updates are on the way.

Gavin 0 voti