Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

cdj 2000 mk1 display freeze

yes off course another bug.... This time the display freezes or scrambles, ore goes black and restarts himself.....

never happened before, only sins latest update. 

please look at picture

michel

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

19 commenti

does the music actually stop too or the screen just gets "screwy"?

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

ugh, different from what I had then, sorry. Mine was the actual board in the unit was dieing so the screen kept scrambling but the audio was always fine because it was just a video issue

BriChi 0 voti

...and this is the "best" players on the market.... WtF!?!?!  Pioneer, How about money compensation?

Sonare 0 voti

if the competitors will make something about the design in the future, the pioneer marketing (i'm aware that is more marketing that a brilliant product) will fall apart! i refer to the players, the mixers have the replacements already. took more than 2 years to partially fix the master tempo, now after 3 years that you put the 2000;s on the market you launch another cdj with 4 more buttons, more buggy-er and much expensive. you expect me to fall for this???? beat it!!! safe god that exist traktor (less buggyer and much more cheaper)! (excuse my english)

oreste 0 voti

I hope competitors are reading these forums because here is your chance!

Leee 0 voti

Competitors must be laughing and celebrating all this mess Leee... I am not sure about what they could imidiately do about nexus but mk1 could have a rollback to previous version so everybody could wait for a decent release without having their cdjs broken. I am sure that would take just a few minutes from a Pioneer engeneer time.

Stroboscope 0 voti

@michel > At any stage, did you get any error codes? Does the error occur intermittently or repeatedly with the same track?

To everyone else, I know you're all angry with Pioneer but please stop filling up every thread with hate messages. We can't track issues correctly.

Gavin 0 voti

@Gavin> happen's sometimes in a set, so not the same track. I tested this last night played 4 hours and had scrambled and black screen 2 times with different tracks. Tested this later in my home with this tracks and no problem.
I dont get a error code

michel 0 voti

@Gavin> Okay tonight a other strange problem. Played 3 or 4 tracks and the player freezes like they** "always"** do 1 time a night. After restart I played a hour more and made a loop on the other player, i wanted to loop it 8 bars and switched to the loop length in the display. The numbers where there, but not the indicator where the loop was. So look at the picture and see that the 4 is lighten up where the loop is. When I was playing the indicator wasn't there!

So i tried to move the loop back and forth but the indicator diddnt show. The 4bar loop was good but couldn't be moved with the display. 

Tonight now scrambled display ore black display

michel 0 voti

This problem is not in CDJ. It's in the tracks! The same track causes this issue again and again. Try it, and you will find it. In my case - it's so. Track may contain some errors, and no matter, if you buy or stole it, or made by yourself. CDJ2000 just "dont like" some tracks. Sorry for my bad English,guys.

Alex Tyugaev 0 voti

@DJ Madman> thats not the case, it happens random, and with different tracks. If i playback the track it happened with everything is fine.

michel 0 voti

Hi Michel, your latest bug (loop length display remaining frozen on the screen) has already happened to me some times in the past - randomly, independently on the tracks. I have signaled it on the forums, don't remember whether it was here or on the old ones... But seems like the issue has never been solved.

Do you use RB to load the tracks, or are they stored on USB/SD?

julienx2k2 0 voti

@julienx2k2> okay thanks for sharing! I use only sd cards and RB to load them.

michel 0 voti

i also had the same problem, it started from the first day i bought the units, one cdj started to freeze, and restart by itself from time to another, it happened many times with me, with different tracks, using a cd or a usb, tracks on the usb already analysed with recordbox.  after 2 months the player freezed suddenly when im playing and went offline ,tried all the possible ways to power on the unit with no success, only the cd loader white led and the yellow track search leds are on , i sent it to the pioneer dealer, because it is still under warranty !!

Imad 0 voti