Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 Nexus Is this platter sound normal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykqdDJL9a2E  Platter works fine when playing but is that sound normal because they are new or what? That  second deck do the same sound when spin faster

Sami Haapamäki

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

10 commenti

i have cdj2000 and they do not sound like that... hope this helps.

dvs 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I have the same sound on one of My nexus too.

Gavin,Pulse - do we need to return the player, is the platter takin any damage while using it with this hardware fault?

Taang 0 voti

Can't say wether is damaged or not, but mine don't sound like that.

Northrider 23 0 voti

honestly, I wouldnt return them, My mk1's sounded like that on the lightest setting too, keep in mind that the platter rotates on rollers (obviously) so at the lightest setting, things are more "loose" nrenally most likely causing the plastic wheels to make that "plastic on plastic" noise. Yes it does not happen on some and happens on others and most likely cause because when manufactured for whatever reason yours, mne and some others are a hair "off" but again, I certainly wouldnt go through the trouble of returning, nothing is broken and they may all, or mst of them, be like this so how many are you going to return and buy before you the noise is gone. Fortunately I always leave my setting in the middle so i never hear it. 

Here is my comparison video, first 2 are nexus, 3rd is MK1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EQxyaH6iZ

BriChi 0 voti

I've the same problem. First one Nexus doing this, I fix it and now the second do the same.For this price, it's a shame. It's just plastic 

Projectsoft 0 voti

@Sami and @Taang > No, this is common when the deck is spun excessively. It doesn't have any interference with playback, right?

@Projectsoft > We don't permit technical information for a couple of reasons - the user risks hurting themselves / damaging their equipment and voiding their warranty.

Gavin 0 voti

Yes Gavin, you're right, easy to fix but warning to the warranty!

Projectsoft 0 voti

@ Gavin yes everything works like it should. Only that voice belongs to. but if it does not harm the time so I guess it'll just have to live with: D

Sry my bad english i used google translate :D

Sami Haapamäki 0 voti

@Sami > that's quite alright. As long as theirs no interruption to playback it's fine. It sounds normal to me anyway.

Gavin 0 voti