Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

USB Freeze Issues

Hey all. I have the 850's updated to latest firmware and all my songs are analyzed in Rekordbox. My problem is that at least once a night during a 4 hour set I will be browsing through tracks and I will get an hourglass icon and it says wait. It does not go away and I must reboot the CDJ. I have used many different USB drives and it has happened with everyone I have ever used. Has anybody had this issue and will it be fixed in a firmware update?

Chris Macom

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

40 commenti

@Chris > Have you been able to identify the problem with any track in particular or seemingly at random?

Where do you get your music from and what format do you keep it in?

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

It's completely random. All my tracks come from Beatport or iTunes. All are MP3's.

Chris Macom 0 voti

Also sometimes an error occurs where I can only browse 5 or so tracks in a playlist where there are way more. It will only scroll between those tracks. Turning the decks off and on fixes it. Sometimes the hourglass shows itself after this has happened. It seems as if it gets lost while reading the file structures and needs a reboot.

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > What version of rekordbox are you using? What kind of USB sticks do you use and what size are they?

Gavin 0 voti

I have Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 16gb, Flash Voyager 3.0 8gb, Kingston Data Traveler 2.0 16gb, and SanDisk Cruzer Micro 2.0 2gb with Rekordbox v 2.0.1 but have also used the previous versions with same problems. Thanks for your help.

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > How many tracks do you have per playlist? Would you say the problem only occurs when there are a high amount of tracks in that playlist you are using?

Gavin 0 voti

Yes. I do have a high amount of tracks in some playlists. Over a hundred in the ones I use most. My issue also happens when I am searching on the 850 by artist or track and not just by playlist though.

Chris Macom 0 voti

Chris, it seems this issue may stem from rekordbox. Has the issue persisted since you updated rekordbox?

Gavin 0 voti

I haven't upgraded to 2.0.7 yet but I have the previous version and the issues still exist. I will upgrade and see what happens. Also, in addition to the freeze issue and the issue where I am only allowed to scroll five tracks or so, if I am browsing by track sometimes the track playlist will not be in alphabetical order. It is also at times hard to scroll through a larger library. Before these issues, I could flick the browsing knob and quickly get from A to Z now it takes a lot longer and while scrolling the cursor jumps up the list. Turning the unit off then on again fixes things. Don't mean to add other issues to the thread, but I think maybe this could be just one problem causing many.

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > Thats fine, I'll update the engineers with that information also. How large is your 'large library'? Several thousand tracks?

Gavin 0 voti

@Chris > Not after forgetting about you, still investigating.

Gavin 0 voti

So I bought a new thumb drive, formatted, and put only 100 tracks on the drive through Rekordbox 2.0.7. I am still having browsing issues on both decks as well as the freezing.  Has anybody else had this issue? I'm wondering if I should get them serviced or if this is firmware or Rekordbox related?

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > Sounds to me like a corrupt rekordbox database. Please try the following:

1) Ensure rekordbox is closed and find your database in the following location:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Application Data\Pioneer\rekordbox

Vista: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

Win 7: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Pioneer\rekordbox

OSX: /Users/yourusername/Library/Pioneer/rekordbox

2) Rename datafile.edb to datafile.edb.old

3) Rename datafile.backup.edb to datafile.edb (removing .backup)

4) Restart rekordbox

5) Freshly format another USB stick and export tracks to the stick.

Gavin 0 voti

Followed the directions exactly and unfortunately that didn't seem to do the trick. :(

Chris Macom 0 voti

Instead of simply formatting, go to the Partition tab and change the Layout option to 1 partition, format of FAT (MS-DOS) and then click the Options button and ensure that it's set to MBR not GUID.

Pulse 0 voti

@Chris > The engineers have been able to reproduce the problem with Corsair sticks but haven't been able to fully identify why the issue occurs.

Can you try the following:

1) Download the latest version of rekordbox from here: http://rekordbox.com/download/download.php?lang=en

2) Format your SanDisk Cruzer to FAT32 - run a full format on the stick TWICE.

3) Load up one or two tracks and see if the issue persists.

Gavin 0 voti

Might be worth it for me to mention that I am creating playlists in iTunes and copying them to Rekordbox playlists via the Bridge option.

Chris Macom 0 voti

Gavin, Have you guys ruled out already that this may be a hardware issue and not a software/database issue? I'm hoping it's not a hardware issue since my warranty just ran out. It's been 10 months since my original post. Is it a better option to just buy a pair of 900's and sell the faulty and barely supported 850's?

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > Have you tried the operation on a fresh USB not using the Bridge function...?

Gavin 0 voti

All of my tracks are organized using iTunes, so not sure how to do this without reorganizing my whole library.

Chris Macom 0 voti

Could you import one track from say, the desktop, (that hasn't been "through" iTunes) and export it to rekordbox?

Gavin 0 voti

Wouldn't it be hard to reproduce my issues with only one track on the drive? The freeze happens while browsing and after using the drive over the course of a gig.

Chris Macom 0 voti

@Chris > Possibly true. Could you import a few tracks that haven't been through iTunes and test that way...?

Gavin 0 voti

Is this sorted now Chris? I have the same problem but do not import from iTunes

Deccy 0 voti