Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

Shame On You Pioneer!!!

When I bought one pair of Cdj 2000 I thought they are the best cdj in the world. I was a little upset that slip function was not on cdj 2000. Pioneer kept that for cdj 2000 nexus. Let s recap the new features on cdj 2000 nexus:

1. New greyish platter and main buttons on grey

2. New vaweform and beat grid

3. slip button

4. the NOOB buttons (master and slave) for beat matching (these buttons you put on cdj 350 or 400 not on the top product)

After seeing the new features you could say why I should buy the one. Except the new vawe form the rest are a poor marketing strategy in order to sell a new Product. All the other could have been added from the beginning on cdj 2000.

Now I saw that Pioneer does not threat well the old customer, like me updating the software of cdj 2000 with all the nexus features. I feel like a second citizen type, like a sub human.

Probably Pioneer is expecting that all the cdj2000 user will sell their stuff and buy the ones and consume the new products like insects and destroy the planet even more!!!

I paid 3000 USD and now I will reconsider buying other Pioneer products because I feel scammed by Pioneer!!!

Shame on YOU PIONEER!!!

Cristian Darie

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

32 commenti

Why do you feel scammed? The cdj 2000mk1 is over 3 years old, Of course the Nexus will have newer features they didn;t have on the MK1, You can say this about the whole line of any product out there like the iPhone, the CDJ1000, etc...... I owned the cdj2000 from day 1 of release and I dont feel scammed at all, I bought a player that served me great for 3 years with the features I bought them for. If you like the added features of the Nexus like the scrolling wave, active loop, slip mode, auto hot cues, different color platter and cues, more high res screen, auto sync (which I am with you, I hate it and wont touch it), 4 bar indicator at top of screen, quantize button is more accessible, faster search implementation, wireless and usb iPad/droid integration,  loop mode menu for better on the fly loops and so on, then sell the MK1 and get the Nexus, or don't, Pioneer came out with a new product, that doesnt mean you have to buy it or feel scammed by it. 

When the iPhone iPhone 4 came out I bought it, 1 year later, not 3, they come out with the 4S, faster and has Siri, did I feel scammed? No, it's technology and it moves fast, again, the MK1 was out for 3 years before the Nexus was released, what did you expect pioneer to do? 

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

My friend I feel scammed because I expect to add some of new the features with a software upgrade. I understand your point of view but common threat all the customers equally

Cristian Darie 0 voti

I agree that some of the features from the Nexus can be added to the MK1 but certain things cannot due to limitations of the hardware (according to pioneer), But again, If they added everything to a 3 year old player that the new player has, then why would anyone buy the new, If Pioneer, or any company for that matter did this to every product they sold, they would be out of business pretty quick. Things like slip mode, scrolling wave and other features simply cannot just be added to the MK1, It's hardware based. other features though like auto loading of hot cues should be able to be added being that it's simply a change in the code when a track is loaded, like a macro, but I am not a programmer so there may be a lot more to it

BriChi 0 voti

I agree that you cannot change the hardcore on the old player but like you said make all the customers to be happy with their products. Even with a small price difference between these 2 players everybody will still buy the new player. It s a win win situation for Pioneer.

Their plan is that all the cdj 2000 customers will buy the one one. Me I won't spend extra money for this. I won t change my players until something really new will appear.

As Pioneeer customers we can sign a petition for making a new software upgrade.

You mentioned earlier the case of Apple. It is not the same case here because Apple when release a new IOS it is working on all models. I understand hardware changes but not a single software update for CDJ 2000.

Pioneer things their customers are really stupid!

Cristian Darie 0 voti

You mentioned earlier the case of Apple. It is not the same case here because Apple when release a new IOS it is working on all models.

correct, they use the same "base" OD for all models, but the added features of the os do not work on all iPhones like Siri, turn by turn maps and so on, it is the same case, apple says siri and turn by turn maps is only on the 4s and above due to hardware limitations, same as pioneer cannot add the new features via software (FW update) due to hardware limitations. So the iPhone 4 is the cdj2000MK1 and the 4S and above is the Nexus, same base OS and usability, but limited to what features are usable from the new to the old and vice versa

BriChi 0 voti

It is not the same case because they did not make any software upgrade. Do you think that the old and new player are so hardware different that you cannot release an update? If you are serios company make a software upgrade and maybe some of the new featurew wont work but do something!!!!

Apple did it and I am happy to be an Apple customer. If you need the other new sofware features than you decide to buy the new product.

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Pioneer things their customers are really stupid!

every company thinks their customers are stupid, LOL... But again, this is how all companies are, I can buy a tv today and by tomorrow a newer one will be out thats better, more features, internet based, netflix added on and so on, Do I expect my $3500, 3 year old Samsung to get an update so i have all these features? No, of course not and I am not mad at Samsung for not doing it, If they added ALL the features to my tv, then why would anyone buy the new. 

The 2000MK1 is probably not even being made anymore, the Nexus is the new flagship player so it's not like they are tricking you into buying it by keepiing the price so close, the only reason the MK1 is still around in some places is they haven't got rid of their stock yet. I tried to get MK1's locally, wasn't happening, had to get some on Amazon after searching. So again, this is just the new player, people have to understand that this will happen. Look at the cdj1000 updates, 3 updates and not many changes other then mp3 support and adjustable jog tension and no one complained about it, It was time for Pioneer to update. 

the problem for companies now is everything is firmware based and users think everything can be added to the old players because of it, bt it can't, try running some new crazy effects based game on a 4 year old pc, most likely you can't, you have to upgrade memory, video card, processor, etc..... same way Pioneer wants to give more features to a new deck, they can because they bumped up the graphics chip, processor and memory, They cant just throw in memory eating features to a deck that doesn't have the memory to handle it

BriChi 0 voti

I read another post of you:

Gavin, I know this came from the engineers telling you this, But I kinda find it hard to believe, I am sure there is a way to write in the code to load existing hot starts when after the track has loaded, There are decks that have been out for years by other companies that do this so it can't be a processor issue unless you guys used a really crappy slow processor. I have more of a feeling they would rather hold off till the next model to make it a "feature" of the MK2

You act now like a Pioneer advocate, so common bro we are in the same boat!!!!

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Apple did it and I am happy to be an Apple customer. If you need the other new sofware features than you decide to buy the new product.

exactly!!!! If you want the new software features on the new Pioneer product, then you have to buy it

It is not the same case because they did not make any software upgrade. Do you think that the old and new player are so hardware different that you cannot release an update?

Pioneer did make a software upgrade, the Nexus FW is completely rebuilt and named back down to a 1.0 level (now 1.06) and yes I do believe there is a big hardware upgrade, just to be able to handle the on screen scrolling wave and moving effects which takes better hardware, along with the fact that the searching on usb drives with large library's is increased in speed by a ridiculous amount meaning that the processor and memory has been bumped significantly to handle this

what features exactly are you looking to be added to your MK1's?

BriChi 0 voti

I want the new waveform and track info which is great btw.

Cristian Darie 0 voti

I read another post of you:

Gavin, I know this came from the engineers telling you this, But I kinda find it hard to believe, I am sure there is a way to write in the code to load existing hot starts when after the track has loaded, There are decks that have been out for years by other companies that do this so it can't be a processor issue unless you guys used a really crappy slow processor. I have more of a feeling they would rather hold off till the next model to make it a "feature" of the MK2

You act now like a Pioneer advocate, so common bro we are in the same boat!!!!

correct and like I said above, basic features like this CAN and SHOULD be added to the MK1's for users, according to Pioneer it cannot be but I believe it can but i dont expect all the other features which are more memory and processor based to be added

BriChi 0 voti

@Cristian > There's nothing that says you HAVE to buy the new product. Perhaps all the new features wouldn't entice you to move over - thats fine.

But understand this, 3 years ago Pioneer couldn't make a decision to include extra, say, memory on to the players to accommodate new features that they may or may not come up with in the future. Choosing to do so would have meant increased costs on the player meaning a higher price for the customer. And then three years down the road, memory is that much cheaper (see Moore's Law).

I don't understand how you could feel scammed for something that didn't exist when you purchased something else 3 years ago. Am I of the understanding that you were perfectly happy with all the features and functions of the CDJ2000s until the CDJ2000nexus was announced?

Gavin 0 voti

@ Gavin 0 > I feel scammed for 2 reasons:

1. You did not include the slip button on cdj 2000 and you put it on cdj 900 even if cdj 2000 was the flagship at that time.

2. You did not make any software upgrade for cdj 2000 users which was perfectly normal at this time. I understand very well that technology evolves but changing the software means respect all my customers!!!

Cristian Darie 0 voti

@Cristian >

1) Product differentiation. We requested it be included in the next version of the player to come along, which was the CDJ2000nexus, and it was.

2) I don't understand what you mean by this point. There were numerous features and functions added to the CDJ2000 throughout its life cycle. Again, were or were you not perfectly happy with the CDJ2000 until the CDJ2000nexus came along?

Gavin 0 voti

@ Gavin - I expect to add some of the new software features on the old player (waveform and others) to keep the old users happy that they bought a Pioneer product like Apple.

You asked me several times if I was happy with my players. Yes I was until i feel like a second class citizen unless I buy the new players. You want all or nothing, you don t want to satisfy some old customers.....

Why you don make a software upgrade, Gavin?

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Need the waveform etc I'd hook up the 2000's with Traktor and you get all the benefits of the nexus without the need to shell out another £3000.

It works brilliantly.

You're going around in circles with the cheated argument I totally disagree as technology continually evolves and what is cutting edge now will be less so as time goes by. No case I'm afraid I'm with Pioneer and BriChi  

Paulm72 0 voti

@paul I bought a Pioneer product not Traktor.... You did not understand my point: I want a software upgrade because I am a Pioneer customer as well...

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Yes I know mate, you want functionality that's simply not possible in the original CDj2000's - the deck doesn't have the processing power. I'm just suggesting an alternative fix to your issue. Merry Christmas !

Paulm72 0 voti

the deck doesn't have the processing power.

I don t think that s the case. You know that for sure?

Cristian Darie 0 voti

I think that's what's been suggested Cristian yes, search the forum I'm sure this was suggested previously 

Paulm72 0 voti

I think this is lie Paul if its really exists because the difference is too small between the 2 waveforms.

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Cristian you are an idiot

New model, new features.

Do you complain every time a new version of Windows comes out? Each time there's a new model of a car? 

T-Top 0 voti

Top first of all try to behave like a civilized human being and read the other posts. There are many users complaining about software update. If all are idiots you are the smartest person on earth.

Cristian Darie 0 voti

Pioneer has become the apple of the dj gear ... They just eant our money they dont care about customers at all .
But its our fault ...
Im done giving my money away to this greedy company called PIONEER

D.j. Cosmic Sunrise 0 voti

First of all Merry Christmas to everyone here. 

Look. The truth is that not many things changed in new cdj2000 nexus. Ok, I agree with you. In my opinion the original 2000 can handle "auto load hot cues" or "zoom waveform". I am also sure that pioneer can update the software in cdj2000 and make it more attractive, but I think you miss the point. Most of the clubs just now updated to cdj2000 from 1000mk3. Also now there are some much better prices for cdj2000mk1 than before. And the most imporant thing, the cdj2000mk1 after 3 years it is actually reliable. The nexus is like a beta test for now. Also the characteristics between the two players is not much different. The screen is the same size and same resolution. The size of the player is almost the same and only difference is that the added sync and slip mode. I also believe that the hardware specifications are almost the same with previous player. If you already have cdj2000mk1, why would you update to the nexus ?? This is a question I am trying to answer to myself but I can't find a reason. "I would update if there was a double sized, multi touch screen" for example. 

Anyways we should stop this discusion. There is no point talking about it. If pioneer wants to release a new firm for cdj2000mk1, they will. I for muself, got a new mac instead of a nexus player and I am happy with my decision. At the end of the day in a couple of years they will come up again with a new player. What will happen then?? Are we supposed to follow this story over and over again? Are we supposed to buy every product pop in the market ? I feel like a victim sometimes. If I lke it, completes my needs and makes a difference I will buy it. If not, I won't. 

Dream Treez 0 voti

Guys you are right but in my opinion all CDJ 2000 users will have to sign a petition to Pioneer and request a software update. If we are united we can force them to make like we want because we are their customers.

Cristian Darie 0 voti

first off, Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I could be wrong but I dont think a petition would do anything, you can't sue Pioneer or force anything on them, they sold a product 3 years ago that works as intended, features and all out of the box, Signing a petition cannot force Pioneer to upgrade features that were never intended to be used on that particular hardware. 

On the other side of this though, I would LOVE for pioneer to add all these features to deck which then slows down the performance drastically because it cannot handle the added stuff they they said and then guys can back and complain about how slow it is and Pioneer can say "told ya so"  LOL. 

BriChi 0 voti