Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[SOLVED] CDJ 2000 Nexus wont load some tracks through link

I have 2 new cdj2000 nexus. I have been using cdj2000's in the club for some time now running off SD cards. All good so far. I recently went the next step and am now running from rekord box (lap top) through link. ALL sorts of problems occuring. Some tracks wont load, some wave patterns dont load.. I have to re-boot the players often... It seems rekord box is ok. It doesnt crash...  just the players. I have updated firmware, software etc.. I have re-analized the tracks...  very frustrating considering the coin Ive paid for these.   Just for the record, the tracks that wont load through rekord box work perfectly from SD card.. !!??   go figure...I have tried new cables, router,  software, firmware, nothing helps.  I have no ideas left.  Help...!! The tracks that wont load come up with.. a long flashing track loading, then after about a minute, is says: E8302 cannot play track (C7B1).

any suggestions welcome.

DJ ChrisP

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

35 commenti

2.02, I downgraded to 2.01 after reading about some link issues, didn't help. 

DJ ChrisP 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

basically I am rocking up to my gigs not knowing if some tracks will work. I have to carry SD cards as well to make sure I can play the tracks. The same tracks loaded to an SD card work no worries. The so called problem tracks I have tried to re-analyse them, or "fix them"  but there is really nothing wrong with them that I can find.   strange...  

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

I rocked up to my gigs (I do 3 a week plus all the extras around xmas and NYE) and had nothing but link errors and and player freezes during the nights. I have checked everything I can think of and cannot find any logical reasons for the problems. What annoys me is that there seems to be a never ending array or related problems reported on this forum and very lame responses from pioneer as to what the problems are. Its obvious there are issues. Pioneer need to get their shit together and fast. The players are great, I love the features...  but they are all useless if the track wont even load or the music stops playing in the club full of 500 plus people. or goes into emergency loop and has to be reset before it can be used again..  ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the cost of these players we deserve better answers and maybe some honesty here. If there are problems and pioneer know what they are then TELL US...  Im sick of hearing ":what version of rekord box, what firmware version...have you checked your cables..  " IT SHOULD WORK... and work flawlessly before its released. for the record I have purchased the best of everything in order to help solve the problem. The items work perfectly in other enviorments.   I trust Pioneer are working on the answers... some real answers soon would be nice very please.  I need to get to my gigs knowing things are going to work. I have lost confidence in the link system for now and will revert to SD card until there are some real answers to the problems.  I love working from the laptop, it makes song selection and organisation so much easier. This was the main reason for the purchase of these players.     PLEASE PIONEER... FIX IT..  

Regards

Chris - very frustrated 2000 nexus owner.

ANY...   i repeat ANY suggestions welcome..

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris > Is the freeze and lock ups only occurring with ProDJ Link? How do you connect everything up via Link? What network router / switch do you use?

Gavin 0 voti

Yes...  Only with DJ link.. I have 2 similar problems actually. During a performance I have random loss of connections.. its happened on both players.  The other problem is that some tracks wont load through the link system. This seems more like a software or firmware issue..  these same tracks will load fine from an sd card. It should be noted that rekord box never seems to crash.    I use best quality cat6 cables, a new Netgear router switch hooked up to a new toshiba PC laptop running windows 7.   I have tried several routers and cables etc.. same result.  Its just not reliable.    After reading the forums about the sockets in the players I tested them, while playing I wriggled every plug and cable to as much as I dare..  no problem.. I can nearly pull the plug nearly all the way out before an error occurs... I am confident that all the connections are sound, but errors still occur. I just cant trust it atm.   Back to SD cards for now.

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris > Thanks for the information. I'll forward it to the engineers.

Gavin 0 voti

hi chris im having the very same problem, but, its not track specific and once the cdj2000nxs has frozen i cant go back and pick another track nothing will load, iv done exactly the same - re analyised tracks, checked the cables etc etc etc and nothing, also had emergency loop happen 3 times now! i got these on the 29/12/2012 - there literally less than 2 weeks old!! And, i havent completed an hour mix with an error occuring :(

I have cdj2000nxs x 2 (updated to latest firmware)  - djm 900nxs (also updated to latest firmware) - Imac with the latest version of rekordbox - Netgear FS105 Switch hub and for what i have paid i expect nothing less than absolute pro world class dj gear at my finger tips and i feel like this is just some low grade amature mixing tackle. needs sorting FAST.

Brett 0 voti

oh and quote "What annoys me is that there seems to be a never ending array or related problems reported on this forum and very lame responses from pioneer as to what the problems are"

"Thanks for the information. I'll forward it to the engineers" o_O

Brett 0 voti

I gave it one more go at the club last night, EPIC FAIL...  emergency loop kicked in about 3 times and one complete stop of the music (silent club) for a reset.  GGGRRRRRRRRR. 30 secs of silence might as well be 3 minutes...   I had better reliability with cdj 1000's using cd's that were so scratched that they would not work in my car...   Thats the sort of reliability I want and have effectively paid for.    I dont envy your job here Gavin.. I think you have a few angry owners out there who are going to need more than a pat on the back...      SO to Pioneer, I am happy to do what ever is required this end, re-analyse, edit, change files...  whatever, update my computer, adjust settings....whatever   just tell me what to do to FIX these problems.

Chris.

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris What's the brand and model of your network switch? Try to get one of the supported switches listed below and see if that helps.

From Pioneer DJ Support:

The list of verified switching hubs for PRO DJ LINK

In general, commercially available switching hubs of 100 Mbps or greater can be used. _

_The following switching hubs have been tested for interoperability with PRO DJ LINK.

Allied Telesis: AT-FS708-10

D-LINK: DES-108

NETGEAR: GS108

(1 Octorber, 2012 Update)

Also check this thread: http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/22637111-sorry-i-hate-to-be-the-bearer-of-bad-tidings-but

oakstream 0 voti

on the pc I deactivated the power management of the network card, and since I no longer drive freezing problem, finally the moment all is well

michel franck 0 voti

Thanks for the reply's...

@Oakstream, I am using a Netgear Prosafe 5 port GS105 V4 switch....  is this compatable enough..?    If you think I should update I will... although this was the newest I could find locally...

@Michael, Thanks for the tip, I will look into what you suggest...Ill let you know how I go...

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris No, I don't think it's necessary. It's a Netgear GS and I can't see why it shouldn't work.

oakstream 0 voti

@Michael    I have changed the settings as you suggested... (didnt know 1/2 of those options were there till I went looking)  I have it linked up today for testing...  see how it goes.... 

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

Hey Chris

From which directory do you put your tracks from RB on your SD or USB?

You should make a playlist and copy that to your SD or USB. I have always used it this way and never had any problems loading tracks.

I know some friends who had the same problem as you. They copied files directly from their library to the USB or SD. Got the same error.

Done the test with playlist. No more error.

BTW I use DJM 900 + 2 CDJ 2000 + 2 CDJ 2000 nexus with the pro dj link.

Kris Adriaenssens 0 voti

@Kris..  My problem is not with tracks on SD or USB..  they work fine...  its loading tracks directly from computer to cd player via rekord box and pro link.

I use SD cards and load them up through rekord box. No issues at all there.   I can load a track from an sd card... plays perfectly etc...(on some occasions) the same track from rekord box via pro link caused an error and player freeze 

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@ Chris

Very very strange.

I never had this kind of problem as well as my friend. Hope you find the solution.

Kris Adriaenssens 0 voti

What I cant get my head around is that it loads from the sd card, but not on pro link... they are the same track from the same computer...!! 

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@michel franck...  after de-activating power settings for network card (as you suggested) I decided to try a night at the club in link mode..  with some success. I did not have any link errors for no apparent reason this time. I did however have several errors and player freezes when I tried to hit play or que before the track had fully loaded. I also still have trouble loading certain tracks... I have a list of about 10 tracks now... I know just to play these from the memory card. anyone got any idea why this would be.?    do I need to re-build the tracks or re edit them..?  different audio settings maybe..?  still bafled that they will play from the sd card and not the link...!!

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris > Where did you get the tracks from? Could you send me some of the problem tracks?

Gavin 0 voti

@ Gavin   I get my tracks from various sources and I cant remember exactly where each one came from...    I have been mucking around with a few of these problem tracks and found that if I convert them to wav, then convert them back to good quality MP3 tracks, they seem to work. I dont know how this effects the quality of the track but it solves the issue short term.  So the answer is NO i cant send you one atm as I have "repaired"them so to speak. But next time I come across one (there are sure to be more) I will forward it to you...     Any suggestions as to why they would work perfectly from the SD card, and not through link..?  Also another similar problem...  I cant seem to load HOT CUES from the hot cue bank through link... Again from the SD card..no problem.   Thanks Gavin..:)

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@Chris > Without pointing out the obvious, there's something evidently interfering with the link connection. Have you checked anti-virus / firewalls background programs that may be running?

Gavin 0 voti

I do have norton installed and I use it however I disable it completely while using link... Is this enough..?  I have made sure it allows all traffic in both directions on rekord box. I will double check this tonight...

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

I have the same problems as you Chris. It is not always the same tracks, and I cannot duplicate on demand. I do find it happens well into my set, not often at the beginning of them. It is absolute killer when you are live, especially when you only have 2 decks to work with. I had it happen twice in the same night... LIVE!! Needless to say I was LIVID.

DJKIDQUEST 0 voti

@DJKIDQUEST - unlike you its the same tracks for me... with the occasional random link error...  slowly getting to the bottom of it...   Got a few things ive tried...  gonna see how it goes tomorrow night at my next gig...

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

Attempted to play using pro link last night..dismal failure.. Same thing ..  Some tracks load some wont..when they wont load the player takes its sweet ass time deciding that it wont play it...  in the mean time the other track has finished... Grrrr    Also Random link failures and player freezing. The player freezes.  I reset and recover playing the same track from an sd card (which froze from rb) Bang.. Works no problem...   WHY the F&*k is this..?..!????   I even out of frustration uninstalled norton on the spot.. No difference. Does anyone have any other detail on settings im missing or something..?? Im at the end with this..:/   It just should not be this hard...  I will post a video of whats going on when I get a chance...

Regards... Mr over it

DJ ChrisP 0 voti

@ Gavin     see this video...  this is one of my problems...  Track wont load through link but will from sd cards.. SAME track...  although this video doesnt show that exactly, it shows that you dont have much time when something like this happens. This particular night I had all sorts of problems... this was one of them and was very early in the night. I got about an hour into my gig and packed the computer up due to many errors and resets. SD cards worked perfectly for the rest of the night..

CP

DJ ChrisP 0 voti