Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

More Nexus / RB beat grid Issues I'm afraid

Guys, 

I've been doing some testing today and i've noted that when i update the beat grid on RB.2.0.2 then select the track on the player the beat grid doesn't correlate how it should on the Nexus deck. It always shows on the players that the grid lines are too far forward into the beat which clearly causes it too play too fast on mixing with sync enabled.  I just did some testing and moved the beat grid back on the deck, mixed with no issues but when I go back into RB to see how it looks following edit the tracks beat grid is way off beat. 

Anyone else encountered this ?

Paulm72

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

34 commenti

I have encountered missing waveform on the Nexus some of my tracks when linked to RekordBox , though it is only the tracks I set cue points and other memory points on the new version 2.0.2.  I also posted about this but I have yet recieved an answer. 

Nathan Looney 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Not having any missing waveforms but the beat grid differences between the deck and the RB database is a big issue. Help Pioneer 

Paulm72 0 voti

Sorry are the mods on holiday still ? I really need a steer on this, I know a number of the other nexus users don't sync so perhaps they wouldn't have noticed this issue ?

Paulm72 0 voti

@Paulm72 > I've reported this to the engineers and await their reply.

Gavin 0 voti

Thanks Gavin, appreciate it. I'd love to be able to tell you when it first started specifically but I'm uploading some new tracks over the next 24hours and will see how these fair but I suspect the same. 

Paulm72 0 voti

Ok, keep me posted and I'll let you know what the engineers have to say.

Gavin 0 voti

loaded some new tracks in today adjusted the beat grids in RB2.0.2 so they're perfect, I've uploaded the tracks onto the player and the beat grid lines are noticably further into the waveform than they should be.  Happy to provide further info where necessary. 

Calling all other Nexus users anyone else observed this ?? This is all using Pro DJ link. 

Paulm72 0 voti

I can definitely test this out later, Are you using the files on the laptop linked to the players or are you making the changes and exporting to a flash drive so i know what to test?

BriChi 0 voti

Hi BriChi, thanks pal. I'm simply drag and dropping from RB onto the Nexus decks through Pro Dj Link. Take a look at your beat grid on RB and it will be bang just before the transient but when it appears on the deck the red line indicating the beatgrid will appear slightly forward into the waveform, This obviously meaning sync is a little strong and not as tight as it should be. 

Paulm72 0 voti

looked at mine really close, definitely some stuff going on, The grid is definitely off between RB and then when loaded into the player but what I noticed which is even more strange, is on the Nexus, Where the center line indicates the point of sound, that seems to be off too, I can cue up really slowly to the beat of a track yet the still line on the screen representing where the wave/beat should be, Is off slightly, its always a little behind. The beat hasnt kicked in yet but the line is showing it should have

you can kinda see what I am talking about in the pics I attached. 

The first "RB PIC" shows me lining up the beat directly on center line as it should be and setting the beat grid to it but then in the "CDJ PIC"  once that track is loaded into the Nexus, I use the platter to get it right at that same beat sound yet the beat grid marked and the nexus center line indicator and wave are all off

BriChi 0 voti

Brilliant BriChi you've confirmed whats happening with mine too but I've found that using sync it's not totally locked like previously and i've wound back the grid on the player to align - but your finding would suggest it may be a perceived alignment on the nexus player........ really appreciate you checking this for me!

Over to the engineers - look forward to hearing more. 

Paulm72 0 voti

No problem, I am looking forward to this fix also, I have seen this off on the players for a little while but never look at the wave much so just ignored it, Now it bothers me, LOL

so of course I went one step further in testing :) 

exported the same track to my ipad, all was perfect from there, The ipad screen like you can see in the pic below has perfectly aligned grids and center line along with the cdj screen now with the iPad connected to the Nexus, So this has something to do with the communication, lag or graphics between RB on the laptop and the Nexus in my opinion

BriChi 0 voti

BriChi - another test for you if you could spare the time.... I am finding that in order to try and use sync I am having to adjust the beatgrid on the decks themselves in order for the tracks to properly align. Can you have a play to see if yours are the same?

Paulm72 0 voti

I'm getting the same thing.

Beatgrid not aligned with the transients of the track.  If it was uniform over all tracks it might be okish, but it doesn't seem to be. 

I've tried re aligning the beat grid but then when I go back again I think they have shifted again. 

Look forward to a resolution.

A

djsince74 0 voti

I'm having this issue too. I'm having a few different issues on top of this. My cue points sometimes aren't in the correct spot, sometimes the cue points are swapped (cue point A will swap with cue point B).

MOST IMPORTANTLY: sometimes the yellow arrow markers that indicate a hot cue will be in 2 different places. When I hit the hot cue button it will always cue to the wrong place (this one is hard to explain...please see attached screen shots). This happens for maybe 1 out of every 20-40 tracks.

I use an SD card, latest firmware on CDJs (2000-nexus)

Biacco 0 voti

Sorry, I'm not sure why those images are rotated weird. They were orientated correctly before I uploaded them. Hopefully you get the idea. Let me know about any questions with my issue.

Biacco 0 voti

Sorry for posting 3 times in a row, but I remembered another issue associated with this. If I resave the hot cue on the player, it will correct the issue. But when I reload the track the next time I turn the CDJ on, it will be messed up again. Tested some of the mp3s with issues for corruption problems and came back negative. Mp3s are fine.

Biacco 0 voti

BriChi - another test for you if you could spare the time.... I am finding that in order to try and use sync I am having to adjust the beatgrid on the decks themselves in order for the tracks to properly align. Can you have a play to see if yours are the same?

I didnt have time to test yet, sorry, But it makes sense that this would throw sync and quantized hot starts off also being that it is based on the grid we set in RB yet the Nexus is throwing the grid off which will throw the "sync" and quantized hot starts off when activating

BriChi 0 voti

Any feedback from the engineers yet Gavin ? More testing from me and it's back to having to manually do everything including loops due to the grid being off track.

Have you tried it all if you've access to Nexus players ? I'd love acknowledgement that this is an issue 

Cheers

Paulm72 0 voti

Yup, got information back just today.

The problem is with rekordbox and not the CDJ. It will be fixed in the next rekordbox update.

Gavin 0 voti

Great thanks Gavin, do we know when the new release is due ?

Paulm72 0 voti

Hi Gavin, 

any word on when the new RB update will be released ? Need any beta testers ?

if you could let me know i'd appreciate it.

Paulm72 0 voti

@Paulm72 > No information on when it will be released yet. Thanks for volunteering to be a beta tester, I'll keep you in mind ;)

Gavin 0 voti

so how should we beatgrid and set cuepoints for the moment? On the decks? and forget about setting this in RB for the moment?

RamonCC 0 voti

It's about time pioneer got some off this forum involved in testing. The current process seems to be rather shambolic and has put me off upgrading to the nexus as their no better than the 2000s currently with all the issues. The amount of bugs ppl have found on here and the amount of feedback they give, surely it's tme to give them a chance to be involved... When will pioneer realise what this is doing to their reputation?

cdjbasile 0 voti

this seems fixed in 2.0.3, did some further testing tonight, the beat grids look the same in RB and on the cdj's when LINK'ed

BriChi 0 voti

Did it fix itself automatically with the new version or after re- analysis?

cdjbasile 0 voti

I re-analyzed all BUT I am pretty sure it is fixed automatically being it was a frame shift display issue fixed in 2.0.3

BriChi 0 voti