Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

Please help me see large waveforms on cdj 2000 nexus

Some of my newer tracks I can see large waveform, but older tracks I can not.  I was running 2.02  but since it was always crashing on exports went to 2.01 reanalyzed tracks and still nothing.  I reloaded 2.02 and reanalyzed 5 tracks and tried again and I cannot seem to get large waveform.  Is there a video or step by step instructions on how to do this?  Also while in 2.01 I thought that reanalyzing tracks I would be able to see large waveform so I reanalyzed 600 tracks and it screwed the beatgrids all up.  If i fix them in 2.01 and then have to reanalyze  in 2.02 and have to adjust beat grids again?  This is really frustrating, I don't know why I continue torchering myself with rekord box when traktor has always worked seemlesly for me.   Please Help Thanks

Joshua Jett

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

18 commenti

I am having the same issue. I am not sure what is going on, I posted something as well but we are going to have to wait until Monday for a response.

Nathan Looney 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Joshua, Nexus and RB go hand in hand. If you take away RB and use Traktor you will loose the key functions of what Nexus is suppose to be about. I'm not a fan of RB right now but HOPE is a powerful thing and I have HOPE Pioneer wll rebuild RB from the ground up, maybe buy out Tracktor or something and make it compatiable with Nexus. We want a program that works as good as if not better than its competitors and RB 2.0.2 isn't close. Having said that, maybe Traktor is the way to go for now, at least what you need from it works!

Justin time for some Hardstyle! 0 voti

Justin I have been using traktor for about 5 years and the same with rekord box, just like you said hope is a powerful thing, I really would love to use rekordbox only, but it really sucks. I am always having to update beatgrids and hotcues, does pioneer not understand that dj's have thousands of songs and it is so time consuming to do this two and three times.  I just dropped $3500 on these players and they are no better than the 2000's I had because the software sucks, one of the main features that  l upgraded for is the larger waveform and it only works on about 10% of my tracks.  It is really frustrating and it seems no one has an answer.

Joshua Jett 0 voti

I agree, I have spent HOURS loading pictures (Not pioneers fault I use wav), cut and paste track and artist to the correct place, and like you I am at this moment (on a break) doing stupid beatgrids and hotcues. I find it odd how Pioneer feels proud about RB yet it fails to its rivals. And what really sucks and as you pointed out, there seems to be a lack of effort on Pioneers part to address what the customers really want. I really like the "IDEA" of RB but not RB itself.

I keep reading failure after failure of things going wrong/not working correctly... I keep hearing a update by Pioneer but never a time frame. I understand that stating February 1 2013 is dangerous because if it's not here we all flood the forums... but why not, look for it in March and if Pioneer has it ready Feb 1 Pioneer gets cheers for releasing it early ;-) I'm just saying... A time line would be nice, am I waiting a few weeks or 10 months.

So do we know why the large waveform is there on some tracks and not on others?

Nathan Looney 0 voti

I switched back to version 2.02 reanalyzed over 600 tracks and still have no large waveforms.  I did get hours and hours of work though, as reanalyzing the tracks messed up many of my beatgrids.  Awesome:(  I really wish someone from pioneer would explain.

Joshua Jett 0 voti

wow! It's been a pain in the (BEEP) doing the 400 I have... SO when the update (Whatever it is going to be called 2.0.3?) will you/we have to reanalyze or only if you go back?

Just to check- have you done a fresh export of tracks after using rekordbox 2.0_ or higher? Make sure you either format the device you r using (SD card, hard drive or USB memory key) and export all over again. RB 2.0_ will see the track is already on the device and not re-export it, hence u wont get the full waveform. 

We mentioned this before on the forum a few months ago- does that help?

maDJam 0 voti

@Joshua > The reason you may not be able to see the zoomed in waveforms is because you haven't analysed those tracks ("Analyse Missing Data") and then haven't** exported those tracks back to whatever media you are using.** Any time you analyse tracks that you have already adjusted then you may have to re-adjust the beatgrids.

@Nathan > Please see the information I provided to Joshua ^^

Gavin 0 voti

exported those tracks back to whatever media you are using

Can you explain how... I'm not following.

@Justin > If you have a USB stick with rekordbox-prepared content, then regardless of the software updates what you have on that USB will never change. So, after you analyse the tracks on your laptop (for the missing data etc) then you need to export them again to the USB stick.

Gavin 0 voti

Ok, thanks. I do that anyway each time I make adjustments. But, Joshua had said he went from 2.0.2 back to 2.0.1 and had to redo his tracks. When an update is released does this need to be done each and every time or just if you go back or what?

@Justin > To be honest, I'm not sure what he did - he must have deleted his database and everything and hence had to start again.

No, this was a once-off thing.

Gavin 0 voti

I did not delete the database. All I did was re import from itunes and then reanalyzed the tracks.  Most of the hot cues were there but a majority of the beatgrids were messed up.  I was unaware I needed to clean out my usb and then reload the tracks.  I am on vacation will try when I get back.  Thanks Gavin.

Joshua Jett 0 voti

Hi everyone, i just purchased the 2000 nexus couple of days ago. Was wondering why i cant see the large moving waveforms displayed on the player? i've already analyzed all my tracks on rekordbox and i still cant find a way to see the large waveforms

Daniel Ang 0 voti

Hi

Hi Gav is right about re exporting them.  I have even gone to the trouble of deleting the old files on my hd to make sure they update ok.

This  belt and braces approach has worked.

But I ha ve now moved on to loading tracks from my computer via wireless hub  instead of using hard drives because that way it just works so well and always gives the latest analysed version with full waveform and key and everything.

djsince74 0 voti

Hey guys could someone please help I am using 2.02 I reanalyzed and also cleaned out usb and reuploading to the usb and there are still tracks that I can't see the large waveform for.  There must be something that I am missing.  Any Ideas??  Gavin mentioned ("Analyse Missing Data") but that option is grayed out and I cannot select.

Joshua Jett 0 voti

@Joshua > Did you do a complete re-analysis in v2.0.2? Are there blue icons on each track that prompt a re-analysis for "Missing Data"? Are you sure you fully formatted the card before re-exporting the tracks to the USB?

Gavin 0 voti