Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

CDJ 2000 NXSFeature request: adjuisting beatgrid with cue

Hi all,

I know it's possible to adjust the beatgrid visually with the Rotary knob, but I think it would be helpfull if I could adjust the beatgrid with the cue button. This way I can hear the start of the kick and make this the first beat on the beatgrid. Just an idea for a future firmare update?

Greetings,

Devotion

Manuel de Bruin

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

8 commenti

Great idea. Beat gridding in rekordbox just isn't accurate enough at the moment.

Phil 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

This is really a great idea... I would like it on the nexus :)

+1!!!

TheOne 0 voti

How are you guys getting around RB's abundantly clear shortcomings when beatgridding now ?  Are you adjusting on the decks or just manually correcting things whilst mixing ?

Paulm72 0 voti

If you expand and shorten the grid via the deck that would be brilliant I'd not use the software to prepare anything ever again and just use it as a record box - Rekordbox.... funny that

Paulm72 0 voti

@Paulm72: Regarding your first post, whilst mixing I use both options. The answer to your second post is simple; if you don't use RB to prepare your tracks you won't have a beatgrid. So, you can't skip it at all...

Manuel de Bruin 0 voti

Devotion - sorry I know that mate what i mean is I won't use RB to adjust the grids, set cue points etc - I'll just analyse in RB then do tall he work on the deck directly. 

Paulm72 0 voti

hey guys, just came upon this thread and figured i would let you know you can set the snap the beat grid on the Nexus to where the cue point is set.

Set the cue at the exact beat,  hold down the scroll knob so you get into grid adjust mode and hit menu, you see an option where you can select [SNAP BEAT (CUE)] like in the attached pic, it works great. I hope that is what you guys are talking about and that my info helps ya out

BriChi 0 voti

Holy cow, it was there all along! Thanks BriChi!!!

Manuel de Bruin 0 voti