Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 follower Segui

[CLOSED] cdj nexus djs not wanting them on there riders.

I know of a few top class djs that will not play on the new players and some are even pioneer djs lol. Why is this?

David Mcintyre

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

14 commenti

3 reasons I can think of

1. No serato HID support yet so if they use serato they would rather the MK1

2. THe Nexus decks when released froze a lot, and yes, even with a Pioneer DJ at their own booth but those issues have been resolved so the dj's not wanting them may not know

3. Some people are more quick on the MK1 because the menus are slower going from playlists to tracks and it forces you to have the wave moving during a track making you always have to hit back to get to your playlists, i know some dj's that hate that

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I would Probably say over all stability issues as well.. I think the whole locking up issue really put a scare in some dj's.. Me myself havent had any issues with the H/W.. It's been the S/W.. But even that worked will fro me last night after re-analyzing all my tracks in "normal" mode instead of "dynamic". And without beat griding any tunes, the sync feature worked well... Still needs a tweaking. But I had a good set last might with the Pio Pro dj link system.

DJ Pete 0 voti

This is not just a problem for Pio, it's a problem for those that purchased the nexus assuming they'd be the new standard.  I know of several large-scale club operators here in Manhattan that have yet to make them an option simply because there's no demand for them.  For example, one operator purchased them for their flagship, but have gone without at their other half-dozen or so venues since only a small fraction of their headliners are asking for them.  I was particularly frightened when hearing one of the managers [who has no DJ background and knows virtually nothing about mixing] rattle off several of the technical issues with the CDJ2000nxs.  Definitely a bad sign.  Really hoping this model rebuilds its image before Pio rolls out a successor...      

Fox 0 voti

The players have been fine for me from the start.. It has always been the s/w for me. I have been lucky I guess?? And the issues with the error codes? I never experienced that either.. And after a lot of troubleshooting by some fantastic forum cdj owners, It seems that was mainly for PC users... And I use a Mac. My issues's have always been the certain features of RB not being right. And wanting to control RB from the CDJ to the computer like Traktor and Serato with the MK1.

DJ Pete 0 voti

I wouldn't worry DJcccc, Most of the technical issues have been resolved, the only thing I see some people complain about are E-XXXX errors which, Like DJ Pete, I have none of fortunately. My decks (Knock on wood) have been great since the last update 1.10, my gripes I have now with them are just in slowness, menu structure, animation, better iPad integration, etc..... but nothing that is a showstopper 

BriChi 0 voti

The players are fine...the problem is Recordbox....sometimes the software is slow when I prepare tracks and I find moving tracks to an usb stick after analyzing the tracks is really slow. They should improve the speed... 

Patrick Dee 0 voti

FWIW, despite whatever issues I'm having with the nexus' at any given moment, I NEVER criticize them around anyone in the industry - in fact, I make a point to sing their praises, especially if I hear people speak negatively about them.  Reality is, it's in our best interest as nexus owners for these decks to be regarded positively if they're ever to become the next 'standard'.  Word-of-mouth is a powerful thing in our circles and people should be mindful of that.  Not that this is at all stretching the truth - the fact is these players have always done a whole lot more right than they have done wrong (despite how desperately hopeless and frustrated a lot of us come across on these forums when something's not working to spec).  MORAL OF THE STORY - protect your investment; if you know of someone refusing the nexus on their rider, encourage them to take a second look (that is, if they haven't sworn them off on the basis of rumor alone, which I fear could be a serious barrier to rolling these out).  

Fox 0 voti

Well said Fox.... Another way we can protect our investment is blow off... OR go off on those Pioneer surveys for the NEXT CDJ's... LOL

DJ Pete 0 voti

We have this situation here in Russia too. "Pioneer CDJ 2000 (NOT NEXUS!)" in the riders of our top DJs.

Alex Tyugaev 0 voti

Whoever you're talking about need to update their riders- they had issues in September/October with the initial firmware- but since firmware 1.06 it's been requested by Swedish House Mafia in November, Hardwell in January, Armin Van Buuren in March, Tiesto in March in both Dubai & Beirut gigs... No issues with any of them. SHM & Armin use rekordbox via laptop while the rest use USB & SD cards- 

No one uses hard drives FYI

maDJam 0 voti

Music straight up stopped for several minutes during AVB's set at Madison Square Garden this month - any know if that was nexus related?  

Fox 0 voti

See, this thread is a perfect example of hear'say and then a bunch of rumours all rolled in to one to create a poop storm.

I'd ask for proof if you see these types of threads in future.

Gavin 0 voti