Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

13 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ2000nexus Firmware Update 1.11 causing crashes and "scroll lag"

I just upgraded to 1.11 on my cdj nexus (i use sd card as the source for songs). I had 4 crashes tonight and needed to do a hard reset. The crashes are the "i select a song and it just never loads and no matter what song i pick nothing will load until i turn off the player" crash. No my mp3s are not corrupt.

Towards the end of the night I also experienced considerable lag when in the 'browse' window scrolling through songs. It was no where as fast as it used to be before I updated today.

I know "downgrading firmware" is a real big no-no around here but what are my options? I did a factory reset on the CDJs and it keeps the same firmware and I'm still experiencing the issues after a factory reset. I really need this resolved before the weekend, so what are my options, as waiting another several months for a firmware update isn't an option.

Biacco

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

96 commenti

I know :/ I came from 900's last week to these and was  worried about playing after reading through this thread. but all went smooth. So I got no idea it so hard to pin point these issues. 

Morgo 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Update from yesterday: I put about 500 songs on a usb and messed around for like 45 mins. No crashes, didn't have enough time to thoroughly test though.

Played last night with SD card and got a cat-6 cable for the link. Had one crash, so not as bad. After a little over 3.5 hours of the decks being on, i started getting the scroll lag. Turned off linked player while a song was playing on other deck to see if restarting it would give me another 3 hours of lag-less work...nope. I was too annoyed to reset both players.

For those having crashes, there used to be a workaround where you could go in the previously loaded tracks menu and load an older track and it would unfreeze the deck, but apparently they "fixed" that so I can't do it anymore. I have yet to figure out a new way to stop the "can't load a song" crash yet on the new firmware. Best thing you can do is set a loop roll at 8 bars if you have a pioneer mixer, set the depth to 100% and then turn off and on the player. That will give you a nice "emergency loop" stored on the mixer while you turn these things on and off like the $8 modem your cable company gives you.

Would have been nice to get the old "the engineers are aware of the problem" runaround from someone at pioneer considering the amount of discussion in this thread, so we at least know they are aware of the screen lag. The lag is more annoying to me than the crashes at this point.

EDIT: Oh I also called 2 local authorized repair places as a long shot and asked if they could downgrade my firmware. They both had no idea what I was talking about, which I pretty much expected. Just thought I would share in case anyone else was in my situation.

Biacco 0 voti

Has somebody realize that the waveform is going faster than usual and small flashes or is it only me after not being able to sleep for some days?

Javier Vm 0 voti

Honestly I think this is pathetic, I mean users thinking on "workarounds", "downgrading", "unit testing", etc for a device that shall work perfectly!!!!

Come one Pioneer!!!

Javier Vm 0 voti

Yeah I hate being an asshole on here but the support work that goes into this TWO THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRAD DOLLAR product is worse than products that cost $25. I call the support line they don't even know how the things work. I respect the guys on here tho cause at least they actually understand the issues.

I mean they are always flipping out about testing, and how we're impatient.  Then they release an update that breaks more things and you can't downgrade...sounds like they aren't very good at testing. Now I have to wait 2 months for an update that "might" fix this lag issue.

Biacco 0 voti

played out 2hrs again today still had no crashing or scroll/lag, maybe not trying hard enough, seems from posts here scroll/lagging occuring  at 3-4hr mark.

T K P 0 voti

Yes TKP, Mine mainly started towards the end of my nights, so the 3rd hour into 4th

BriChi 0 voti

time for a beta test, got mine on continueous play,il try to replicate, & take notes.

T K P 0 voti

nice! thanks for testing! have you watched my videos on how I reproduced it after some hours?

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi, yeah I saw them. I'm going to take video when it happens tonight for hopefully more proof this is an issue.

Biacco 0 voti

Yeah BriChi ive had it happen once but didnt note under what circumstances it occured.but it looked pretty much same effect as on your videos that was when i was still on fw 1.10 thats backs up the info of when this first possably occured.

T K P 0 voti

@Taang yeah that's exactly what happens to me. It happened again to me last night, and i was playing at a lounge place last night that was pretty chill so I decided to take the time and try to figure out a way to get it to unfreeze. I tried for almost 5 minutes to create a work-around and I couldn't figure anything out. Not good. At least before when it crashed there was a way to get it to not crash.

Also I know I said it didn't work, but if you're getting "the slowness" when scrolling, all you have to do is turn the deck off and on and you'll be good for another few hours....Easy for the linked decks, but takes some skill to do the reset on the deck with the media attached.

....still can't believe i have to do this shit when playing on $5000 decks.

Biacco 0 voti

I did 2 parties today, first on the 2000MK1's, smooth as can be and fast, LOVED them. Then the second party on mt 2000 Nexus, they are sooo much slower going from playlist to playlist vs the MK1, Lose the dumb animation already Pioneer, we dont need it, all it does is slow us down.

Now, I did not have any lockups or slow ups like I posted in videos because I used my laptopto linked so this is clearly an issue now with only usb/sd cards. 

however a new bug has been introduced in 1.11 which I will make a separate post and video tomorrow, If you load a track on the nexus, waveform is moving, now play in RB like moving a track around in a playlist, the 2000 screen flashes and now the "BACK" button no longer works, you have to use browse to go back, the only way to get the back button back is to load a new track from the Nexus

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi Do you mean the Nexus waveform is moving and flashing, because I commented something like this some post ago:

"Has somebody realize that the waveform is going faster than usual and small flashes or is it only me after not being able to sleep for some days?

April 19, 2013 13:16"

Will be good to see your video to see if that is what I have experienced also.

Javier Vm 0 voti

Xavier, i know you probably know this already but just in case, You are aware thay you can speed up or sow down the waveform (zoom in/out) right?

I will be doing a video soon and will add the link to the new thread here

BriChi 0 voti

The screen lag was UNBEARABLE last night. Worst yet. It was taking 2-5 seconds to even get back from the waveform to the playlist screen. Going from playlist to playlist was taking just as long. It was brutal. Is there someone working on this? It's a total set ruiner.

Biacco 0 voti

my only "workaround" so far is to not use usb, I use my laptop now

BriChi 0 voti

Biacco ive been testing all weekend different senarios looking for fix to work around,il keep testing & if i find one you will know.

T K P 0 voti

@BriChi yeah unfortunately the main reason i switched to recordbox was so I didn't need to bring my laptop to the club...Would rather just go back to serato at that point. I might have to resort to using a laptop, having to shut the player off twice every night until they fix this in 2 months or so is going to drive me insane.

@TKP same here if i find anything i'll be sure to post it.

Biacco 0 voti

@Biacco, I agree, It sucks for me too to have to use the laptop, but for now i'd rather be safe until they fix this issue, i feel if I use USB now, at some point the waiting wheel of death will crash my deck, So until it's fixed and tested, the usb will be a backup for now :(

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi reading your post I just realized that the move for me to beat the screen lag is I'm going to bring a usb stick with like 20 songs on it, and when it's starting to lag, mix a song from the usb on the other deck, then turn reset my main deck with the sd card to eliminate the screen lag.

I think that will be less annoying for me than bringing a laptop. Also I didn't have a crash at all during my 4 hour set last night which is either a good sign or i was just really lucky.

Biacco 0 voti

thats a good idea, my only issues with that is

1. Now I lose 3 hours worth of history and marked played tracks

2. it takes almost 2 minutes to eject a drive with a large library and taking a chance of corrupting the drive if it doesnt eject properly

BriChi 0 voti

I didn't know you were supposed to eject the drive....I just turn the deck off and then pull it out. Is that a bad move?

Biacco 0 voti

lol,,,, yes, you are supposed to eject it. I guess you have been lucky with not corrupting it

BriChi 0 voti

shit...haha. I've been doing it for years and never had a problem. I should probably read into this...

Biacco 0 voti