Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

13 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ2000nexus Firmware Update 1.11 causing crashes and "scroll lag"

I just upgraded to 1.11 on my cdj nexus (i use sd card as the source for songs). I had 4 crashes tonight and needed to do a hard reset. The crashes are the "i select a song and it just never loads and no matter what song i pick nothing will load until i turn off the player" crash. No my mp3s are not corrupt.

Towards the end of the night I also experienced considerable lag when in the 'browse' window scrolling through songs. It was no where as fast as it used to be before I updated today.

I know "downgrading firmware" is a real big no-no around here but what are my options? I did a factory reset on the CDJs and it keeps the same firmware and I'm still experiencing the issues after a factory reset. I really need this resolved before the weekend, so what are my options, as waiting another several months for a firmware update isn't an option.

Biacco

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

96 commenti

according to the manual:

Disconnecting USB devices

1 Press the [USB STOP] button until the USB indicator turns off.

Do not disconnect the USB device or turn off this unit’s power while the USB indicator is lit or flashing. Doing so could delete this unit’s manage- ment data and damage the USB device, making it impossible to read. 

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Ah I use SD card though. I guess opening the SD card flap would be the equivalent of the usb stop button?

Biacco 0 voti

correct, opining the door is the eject, you're not supoosed to pull the caed out though until the little sd light stops flashing

BriChi 0 voti

Please don't tell me the only workaround is a laptop cause I'm not doin it.

Fox 0 voti

you can reboot the deck but then you lose the "played tracks" markings 

BriChi 0 voti

The green marking which was introduced on fw 1.10 when slowness was picked up .hmm anybody see a pattern here?.or is it me looking for them.

T K P 0 voti

yeah your right that was for in key.its me jumping in with both feet.

T K P 0 voti

The question here is when will we get an answer from Pioneer. Cant we not get at least an update lets call it v 1.11.1 that bring us back to 1.10 or even 1.06 since we cannot downgrade?

Javier Vm 0 voti

1.06 would be nice revert the master/slave switching would be back. & so stable you can keep horses.it will never happen !.

T K P 0 voti

@Xavier Valdez I doubt they'll do that, they took their sweet time doing the upgrade in nov/dec last year when these things first came out and they we're crashing like crazy.

Yeah really wish I was still on 1.06 too. It's their fault they broke all of this stuff, would be nice if they gave us an option to make these workable again... 80+ replies on this one and still no response from anyone over at pioneer....

Biacco 0 voti

I've updated the engineers tagging this post for urgent action.

Gavin 0 voti

In an orderly fashion, those that can replicate the issues please answer these questions from the engineers:

• Is our understanding correct? "Crash" means the state where "Now Loading…" is continuously displayed and any control on the player is not available. 
  • Do you export the tracks saved in an SD card or a USB device from rekordbox? 
  • How did you connect CDJ and other equipment when the "Crash" occurred? 
      For example: 4 units of CDJ2000NEXUS, 1 unit of DJMXXXX and NetworkSwitch using XXXcable… 
  • How many tracks are there in the SD card and how large is it in capacity?
Gavin 0 voti

Here are my answers:

1) "Crash" is for me "Now Loading" and no control on the player is available - This happends on both the player that is linked to the USB and the player that has the USB inserted. All I can do is reboot the player. Shown in this youtube clip:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYuZlkerxw

2) Export from Rekordbox 2.0.3, all files newly analysed to a newly formated USB

3) Connected via: 2 units of CDJ 2000nexus, 1 DJM900, D-Link 5-port Switch DGS-1005D, cat6 LAN cables, Digital audio cabels, using "on air" via DJM 900.

4) My USB is a 32GB 3.0 unit with around 800 tunes on it.

Hope this information helps.

Taang

Taang 0 voti
  • Is our understanding correct? "Crash" means the state where "Now Loading…" is continuously displayed and any control on the player is not available. 

Mine never fully crashes, It "waits" for up to 20 seconds sometimes but eventually kicks in

exported from RB to a USB 250gb external

2 Nexus' and DJM900 though a linksys switch

tested with both 27,000 and as little as 1000, Capacity is 250gb, only using about 190gb of that

I used RB linked to my laptop and have absolutely no slow downs getting back to tracks. This is only when I use a usb drive, Figured it would be useful to the engineers

BriChi 0 voti

Yes, you lose control of the player, and can't select another song. I haven't waited a very long time to see if it eventually unfreezes because every time it happened was in a live setting where I need to act quickly.

Yes, tracks are all analyzed and exported from rekordbox

Connected directly to other player with just a cat-5 cable (Both players are CDJ2000 Nexus with same firmware). Every crash happens on the CDJ with the the media loaded on it, never the linked deck.  I have no evidence that this isn't just a coincidence though. 

For example: 4 units of CDJ2000NEXUS, 1 unit of DJMXXXX and NetworkSwitch using XXXcable… 

- How many tracks are there in the SD card and how large is it in capacity?

SD card is 64gb with 2,700 tracks on it. I've also had a crash on a 32GB card with the same songs on it.

Also, the screen lag has become a really big issue for me, hopefully that came across in this thread too. Thanks!

Biacco 0 voti

Thank you for your responses - I would ask anyone else that can also respond to the above questions to also do so. I'd also ask you to wait for a response from the engineers before otherwise contributing to this post.

Gavin 0 voti

Yes, to me also happens that the song starts and no matter what I press, like cue, pause, hot cue, reverse, etc, nothing happen (except for "back" and changing the song).

Yes, tracks analyzed and experted from rekordbox to a USB device.

So, the first time I had 2CDJs2000NXS+DJM900NXS (all the devices with the last firmware) connected via PRO LINK through LAN Cable (every device connected via LAN to a LAN port switcher) and using Rekordbox. The other time it happened while I was using an USB device and no PRO LINK connection.

Tried with many or just one track in the USB device, nothing change.

In this thread you can find something more about my issues with the devices. ->  http://forums.pioneerdj.com/entries/23751393-CDJ2000NXS-just-bought-freezing-crashing-

@ Gavin Any news?

Alex 0 voti

Glad I'm not the only one that had this issue- thanks for your help Gavin! :)

1- "Now Loading" takes between 9-18 seconds it does not fully crash, it just loads a lot slower/lags - only happens after 4 hours of continuous play/using the sort, search, loops and cue/calls on almost every track- important thing is I didn't want to eject the harddrive or else lose the dark green display of tracks already played.  I would rather have a slow hard drive then one that clears all played tracks on the display- if that made any sense :)

2- Always use rekordbox to export to a Trancend 1TB external HDD, also happened on a SanDisk 64GB Xtreme SD Card a month earlier

3- 3 units of CDJ2000nexus, DJM900nexus connected to a D-link DES-1008D (network switching hub with no wireless) using 3 CAT-5 cables that came with the CDJ200nexus and an additional CAT-5 for the DJM

4- 3,225 tracks on the external hard drive (931.3GB total 46.2GB used 885.1GB free)

maDJam 0 voti

Hey Gavin, just came back here to look for an update and noticed no response from the boys upstairs yet...I know you've done everything you can already but Is there any other customer service line I can call to complain? This is really becoming a big burden for me and is really messing with my business....can't find a customer service number anywhere other than general pioneer. THanks!

Biacco 0 voti

Well, it seems like everybody is avoiding this subject from Pio... Every weekend that goes by they loose more potential customers. I cant be political polite as Brichi so.... -  someone needs to getfired or really get there heads shaken... 

Taang 0 voti

LOL,,, I try and stay calm, It is very frustrating but unfortunately out of our hands, An update to the FW or a verbal "we found the issue and will update soon" would be nice

BriChi 0 voti

Hi there, late but better than never:

I also have that sort of problem but with Rekordbox and also USB Sticks. Last night only one player started to crash in a random period of time (it always starts around 2am) while loading a track into the deck. (it shows something like "loading... please wait" instead of the timeline)

The other Nexus was working perfect. (I'm using a MBP Retina for which I need a Thunderbolt -> Ethernet adapter).

Another interesting fact is the player that crashed showed a error message (also from 2am on) that the "network speed is too slow". But again: It was only one of two players, the other one had no trouble at all.

With my own Nexus the problem gets even worse because BOTH of them crash from time to time (2 weeks ago i had to restart one them four times only to get a single number loaded in) and the problems are coming up again after about 2am.

I've already tried out a new HUB, Cables and also 3 different sticks (All of them are "Flash Voyager" with a 3.0 interface)

Honestly I have no sympathy for the fact that so expensive gear is not working properly. I know that it's difficult for you to handle but in my opinion you should get all these bugs under control as fast as you can. As written above it can bring some DJ careers into real big troubles.

Best regards, Max

Max Kraenkl 0 voti