Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

13 follower Segui

[CLOSED] CDJ2000nexus Firmware Update 1.11 causing crashes and "scroll lag"

I just upgraded to 1.11 on my cdj nexus (i use sd card as the source for songs). I had 4 crashes tonight and needed to do a hard reset. The crashes are the "i select a song and it just never loads and no matter what song i pick nothing will load until i turn off the player" crash. No my mp3s are not corrupt.

Towards the end of the night I also experienced considerable lag when in the 'browse' window scrolling through songs. It was no where as fast as it used to be before I updated today.

I know "downgrading firmware" is a real big no-no around here but what are my options? I did a factory reset on the CDJs and it keeps the same firmware and I'm still experiencing the issues after a factory reset. I really need this resolved before the weekend, so what are my options, as waiting another several months for a firmware update isn't an option.

Biacco

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

96 commenti

Taang, I watched the video, i'm curious, what did you end up doing if that was you deck with the usb drive in?

Personally I think this is a FW issue, i have had these decks take a long time loading tracks and especially loading the hot cues, there were times I waited up to 20 seconds for cues to load and theres no way to play the track till they load which is ridiculous, and 20 seconds in dj world feels like 20 minutes!

the main reason I personally feel it is a fw issue is this has happened to me when I use only my usb drive and also when linked to RB using my laptop, If it was a RB issue, then my usb drive wouldnt hace the same exact issue live

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Brichi, the workaround is that I have to set a 4 beat roll on the mixer, then assign that roll to a channel that is not use. Reboot both players, swearing a lot when wating for the players to reboot..... and then get on it again.

Regarding 20 seconds is like 20 minutes, second that fore sure!!!

Im so sick and tired of this bug, instead of introducing new products, why not focusing on making sure customers are happy with the products that's on the market now... 

Taang 0 voti

Exactly what I do, was going to suggest the loop roll, Sucks for dj's who dont have that option!

and yes, i agree, we need updates fast, Im still 8 months or so in and the decks are far from perfect, wanted to "leave the laptop at home" like they claim but I can't use a usb drive so im screwed

BriChi 0 voti

+1 20 seconds = 20 minutes. I'm shocked you had the composure to shoot that video...when mine freezes up I freak out and turn into a monster. If I happen to have an iPhone in my hand at the time I would just throw it.

Fox 0 voti

As an update to all subscribers of this thread that are encountering these issues, an update will be available extremely soon that addresses the issues raised here (by mid-June).

Gavin 0 voti