Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

[SOLVED] just bought a new cdj 2000 nexus how to update with latest software?

as above please advise me how to update with the latest update,

what im asking here is there have been many updates for the nexus how do I make sure I update the right updated one?

djstorm

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

19 commenti

well then the decision is yours. You can read on this forums what is going on. I think you should update, but the decision is yours of course :) 

Javier Vm 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

yeah im gonna read up man, just confused cus it says once I update I cant go back lol, so better make sure im happy.

djstorm 0 voti

if you can wait till late tonight, I am doing a 6-12 (est) time gig and I can report back. My main issue I had (other then MANY minor issues) is the deck gets very slow after a few hours of play from USB drives, Ill let ya know later if thats at least fixed like they say it is

BriChi 0 voti

I'll second the "wait for BriChi to give the all clear" approach.

1.10 is flawed, but the problems with it are well known and well documented. The latest version is 1.13, which has only been out for a few days. There's no reports of disasters yet, but it's early days, and once you upgrade there's no going back.

Personally I'd hold off another 24 hours and see how BriChi's set went. He tends to use a lot of the CDJ's features quite extensively, so if there are any obvious bugs in 1.13, the chances are they'll rear their heads tonight. If (and only if) BriChi's gig goes smoothly tonight I would consider upgrading.

MouseAT 0 voti

Ph i can definatly wait still trying to get used to these babies, deffo different to the cdj 1000 where i could mix easily something about the nexus my mix keeps drifting even more so than my turntables lol not tried them on serato either yet

djstorm 0 voti

ok, just got home and here are my thoughts, 

1.13 is certainly no worse then the previous versions, definitely an improvement but very very far from perfect. The "slowin down after a couple of hours" issue is somewhat fixed, it didnt lag as bad as it used to but there was definitely still a tiny bit of lag at times right from the beginning. I dont use sync so I cannot say anything good or bad about it . 

so yes, i say upgrade being it has fixed some bugs but definitely dont expect them to be perfect, 1.13 is better then 1.10 and that was your main concern.

Hope I helped ya out, let me know if you have any questions

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi - When you have time, can you clarify a bit on the "a bit of lag at times right from the beginning"? That concerns me slightly.

I'm currently still on 1.10, using an external hard disk with about 10,000 tracks on it, all analysed in Rekordbox. I don't tend to hammer the players as much as you do, I'm still more geared towards load track, cue track, play track, load next track, repeat. The longest set I've played so far on 1.10 is around four and a half hours, and I wasn't having any issues with navigation lag during that time.

Are you saying that 1.13 now lags slightly but consistently earlier on in the set, rather than significantly after several hours? If so is it really noticeable, or annoying? I jump around between playlists a lot when I'm playing, so I don't really want to risk introducing a regression here until I know exactly what I'm getting in to. An occasional half second pause probably wouldn't be a big deal. A constant one second pause every time I changed playlist would be annoying as hell.

MouseAT 0 voti

sure no problem, Usualy we would get some lag 2-3 hours into a gig, going back and forth between wave view and tracks was a little slow and scrolling up and down in a playlist would lag like crazy, the scrolling up and down part was not nearly as bad as it used to be but at times I did notice it hesitate for a split second, not a big deal at all but can still use a little tweaking. As far as the back and forth part, this drives me nuts, it doesnot happen if you LINK the players to your laptop OR you use wireless from a phone or laptop, it only happens when I use USB drives with playlists that have about 300-400 tracks in them or more, I live in my one "DANCE" playlists which contains 600+ tracks all organized by color so I don't have to jump between 6 different dance playlists, every time a track was mixed and I hit back or browse to get back to the track list, there is always a hesitation (where as when linked to the laptop there is none) and at times the hesitation was up to 10 seconds long with pioneers "waiting wheel of death". 

here is a comparison video I shot, i was testing the wireless to laptop and noticed this too was very fast compared to a usb drive

at first i am wireless and you can see as i go back to the playlist the tracks are there immediately but not when I use the USB drive, again, the delay in the video may not seem too bad but in the middle of a gig where i tend to jump between tracks fast this is VERY annoying and the delay is longer

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5eD0DvN2A

BriChi 0 voti

Interesting observations. I don't pretend to know a whole lot about connectivity to the various media types, but in my experience experimenting live with various sources, I've had the least amount of issues connecting wirelessly to iOS. Just for reference, I don't use a laptop and have experimented quite a bit with 32gb sd, 32gb USB and a 32gb ipad both via wifi and wired. I realize this is more anecdotal than scientific, but I've NEVER had any freezing or lag issues with the ipad via wifi or hardline, whereas with the same music library have had multiple freezes with USB and sd. That said, I've never had any lag issues with sd or USB, but I suspect that's because I always limit the tracks I travel with to 32gb in mp3. I know iOS isn't a viable alternative to a lot of folks because of the WAV limitation, but figured it was worth sharing in case people are bypassing the iOS alternative because it seems gimmicky or unprofessional. To me it's less professional for my decks to freeze up then to have an ipad plugged into the decks (or packed away in my bag when I use wifi).

Fox 0 voti

I love the iOS idea, theres just not one to hold all my music yet :)

BriChi 0 voti

That's handy (and interesting) to know. Was that video shot with 1.13?

It sounds like I'm more or less the polar opposite of you in that I've been using several hundred playlists, each of which is quite small. I'd be quite surprised if any of them contain more than 100 tracks. That might explain why I've not been seeing the lag when playing. I tend to use bigger playlists (of around 150 tracks maximum) for mobile work though, so I'm quite glad I'm not doing mobile gigs at the moment.

I'll probably still play it safe and wait a week or two before upgrading, but assuming I don't hear any howls of protest from the user base in the meantime I'm now a lot more confident about letting this near my decks. Thanks Bri.

MouseAT 0 voti

guys what can I say, as a new user you have really helped me with this, BRI thanks for your detailed response, please do not forget this thread and do report your further findings if any thanks.

still thinking to update or not haha

djstorm 0 voti

will do storm!

and MouseAT, yes that was shot with 1.13

BriChi 0 voti

BriChi you're better than Pioneer support :D

I'm still on the 1.10 firmware and Monday I had a set longer than usual, almost 4 hours. I have no issues with lag. I use a USB stick (32 or 54 GB cant remember) and my playlists are not huge, I think the longest one I have is around 350 tracks.

Julia O 0 voti

I guess the nexus are starting to be present on the dancefloor. Just saw a video of space opening with Sasha and he was using the platinum edition. 

By the way why isn't the new firmware version put as a sticky on the forum, does anyone have any idea?

Javier Vm 0 voti

@Xavier > Just didn't get 'round to posting it yet. Will be cleaning things up and posting later on.

Gavin 0 voti