Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 follower Segui

[CLOSED] Search Capabilities from IPAD

Pioneer I hope your Listening!!! why is it you cannot search a usb drive with an ipad on the nexus with the rekordbox app.  and the feature all of us have been waiting for is now available on a $900 controller with remote box.  This was something us nexus users thought we were getting when purchasing the unit.  I do not understand why all the bells and whistles so to speak come out on your cheaper gear and not on the gear people pay a lot of money for.  Please update the record box app to add this functionality to the nexus decks.

Thank You!!!!!!

Brian Sabella

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

14 commenti

This has been requested a few times, with no real response of note.

From experience when pioneer fail to comment or confirm it usually means it can't be done on the current hardware...

Hope I'm wrong, but don't get your hopes up

cdjbasile 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I hope you're wrong too cdjbasile, lol

I have been requesting this since the 2000MK1 has come out with the RB app also, I cannot believe almost 4 years later I still cannot do this but 2 of the bedroom DJ controllers can for $900, Pretty sad

I don't see why it couldn't be done with the current hardware, It seems logical that if CDJ #2 can read and search a drive plugged into CDJ #1, then the iPad should certainly be able to read and search it. 

This is the ONLY thing preventing me from leaving my laptop out of my sets, I NEED the fast searching abilities during my gigs and the needle strip "keyboard" just does not come close to the speed of using a real keyboard.

If you cannot implement this in the iPad then release a usb keyboard we can plug into the empty usb port in deck 2 so we can type from that and not the strip

Also, I hope this is not a feature being held from us so they can add it to the next CDJ release because I know for one I will certainly not be upgrading my CDJ's for a very long time. If at all, I am done dumping $4000 every 2-3 years into players for 1 feature that should have been in a previous models deck

Can a Pio rep at least tell us if this is being worked on and not that it was just "sent along to the engineers as a suggestion". My suggestion has obviously been past up to the engineers, they just decided to put it into decks I or most pro's would not buy. I mean it's been almost 6 months since we have even seen an iPad update, what is going on! this is a main reason I bought the Nexus decks, for the iPad integration ad it is pretty bad, The competitors are doing perfectly yet I can't have this feature on decks that cost more then double theres, I don''t get it

BriChi 0 voti

You so right on that brichi! As for me am been done. Is like you said brichi other competitors are doing well and listen to there customer for half the price. And the update are quicker. I'll just stick with my traktor Dj for the iPad. Lol

Steven V 0 voti

THIS TO ME IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORT FEATURES THAT IS LACKING !!!

8 MONTHS AGO ***YOUR UK PIONEER REPS*** PROMISED ME AT BCM IN THE UK ... THAT THIS FEATURE WOULD **WORK**

You have since release a Mickey Mouse controller which seems to do EVERYTHING the Nexus promised to do.

THREE THOUSAND POUNDS !!!!!!! £3000 !!!!! PIONEER .... I SAY AGAIN £3K !!! Thats the price of a small car or trip around the world, to me, you are putting "2 Fingers" up at people who have paid 3 grand for your SO CALLED Flagship models .

The £900 Bedroom Warrior toy can do it ... WHY CANT THE INDUSTRY STANDARD £...3...0...0...0... unit do it 

I like other suspect foul play and you will release an updated CDJ 2000 Mk3 in Sept WITH REMOTEBOX SUPPORT. 

I'm fuming !!!!

DJccccc 0 voti

I can only say that this feature needs to be implemented into the cdj 2000 nexus..... If not, I will be disappointed

TheOne 0 voti

8 MONTHS AGO ***YOUR UK PIONEER REPS*** PROMISED ME AT BCM IN THE UK ... THAT THIS FEATURE WOULD **WORK**

tell us more about this, Did they say it would be added? or was the deck not out yet and they said it is a feature already in it?

BriChi 0 voti

It works on the Aero and would be great to work on the Nexus.  Can I say yes or no, NO I can't and I think that's been made clear before in other posts and protocol.  I don't know who the UK Rep was but he/she may have spoken out of turn. 

BTW, because of where I am in the world (SoCal) I speak with and deal with Pioneer USA a lot and do pass on all suggestions and will include this one with product planning when I see them later this week.  We (Moderators) obviously want you (Members) to be happy with your experience here and with the gear, but since we (Moderators) don't make the gear but rather support it we can only answer so far. 

Jay 0 voti

djjay,  When you talk to them can you see if it's even in the works? this has been a feature I asked for almost 4 years ago for the 2000MK1 and we keep hearing the same thing that "it''s been suggested" like you said, But that means if they are thinking about, it should at least be in the works to add to the APP and Nexus. 

If you pass the suggestion up now and they say "thats a great idea we will see what we can do" then that was a whole waste of time the last 4 years asking for this. It seems they took my idea and just put it into cheap controllers

BriChi 0 voti

I appreciate what you say Jay, but someone in pioneer knows and should be able to give a simple yes or no to the question 'Is it workable with the nexus?'.

The very unprofessional way pioneer go about their business is a joke, as was experienced by me when i had issues out of the factory with the nexus and apparently it was said that it wasn't their issue - The retailer said it was hard to get hold of anyone in the company (when they did emails weren't returned), and the third party you employ just deflected issues back to the user when it was clearly manufacturing issues.

The best thing the company could do at this stage to save their reputation is get these ppl in the know, who have the answers to communicate more with the customers before you lose them...

Pioneer aren't the untouchsable industry standard anymore unfortunately

cdjbasile 0 voti

exactly, someone obviously knows if features are going into the decks or the app, just tell us yes or no, It makes people wonder into other gear that IS capable of doing this stuff years ago. The ipad app is so far from being usable yet we havent had an update in 5-6months. Are they even updating it or do we have to now buy new decks because Remotebox took over? the lack of answers of all this is getting out of hand especially when, again, we have been asking for this for years and keep hearing "i will pass it along".

the updates always seem to only fix problems that are caused by the engineers in the first place and important issues are not being resolved to actually make the customer happy after spending $6000 on 2 cd players and a mixer

BriChi 0 voti

What I do not understand also is that Denon has this feature on their 3900 and 2900 Model cd / media players for a 1/3 of the price.  Once the world gets smart to the so called " Industry Standard"  they may realize pioneer is not an Industry leader.  This should not be hard to implement on a $2000 deck!!

Come on Pioneer get it together!!

Brian Sabella 0 voti

Well as long we keeping supporting pioneer by buying there products. It will never change the problems will always be there. I hate to say this but they only care about the money. That's it! And they know that people will pay for there over price product cuz it has there logo.

Steven V 0 voti

Bri ... I was told, the deck "should be able to do this" When I went to the Pioneer stand - I asked alot of very tech questions about the Nexus (had been out for 3 weeks in Oct) - and was advised that support would be coming out.

Weather this was a tech or miss information - Im not sure - but it has really annoyed me that its not been sorted !!!

DJccccc 0 voti

Im also really happy to see im not the only totally and utterly ****** off by the way Pioneer have treated theIr FLAG SHIP CUSTOMERS with the Nexus, utterly reprehensible & in total contempt.

Apple, Sony, Panasonic, even Numark or Denon - I cant seen as been as poor support wise as this . As a multi million pound worldwide company, you attitude to you key customers is disgusting.

Loathsome customer support from the tech team  (not the forum mods - I have no beef with you as you are in a difficult situation) and the attitude of the Pioneer HQ is an abomination.

How many negative post do you need to read Piooner HQ before you sort this?!!!!

DJccccc 0 voti