Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 follower Segui

FIRMWARE 1.13 - USB FILE FAILURE ... YOU STILL HAVE NOT SORTED THE BUG

Inlight of Serato 2.5 been compatible with the Nexus, I took the pluge of installing 1.13 on the Nexus

I used it on Friday and Saturday . BOTH NIGHT !! The CDJ crashed, the HD lost my files and they had to be rebooted. 

What a complete pain in the arse this has not been sorted. Septmeber 30oth 2012 I First noted this bug - its pretty much a year ... and the Nexus is still FLAWED.

Im personally stick to death of them - every gig !!! Thast 4 or 5 times a week I have to reboot my SD or USB HD half way though the set. Im disgusted you have not sorted this. 

DJccccc

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

32 commenti

DJcccc, i know you have complained about this a lot, rightfully so, Im just curious because i do not have this issue, Is this with tracks run through RB and exported or do you just play with an external drive organized that never touched RB?

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@DJccccc > I've contacted you twice via these boards and once via email requesting your help to address different issues you have been having and you've been unresponsive. If you don't wish to participate then that is entirely within your right and I fully understand but in either circumstance could you please let me know so I can tell the engineers.

Gavin 0 voti

Just from a ICT-minded point of view some tips (in general).

Make sure you started with a good quality HD (with all these price-wars quality might be degrated with some brands, especially the 3TB ones).

Make sure the HD is formatted correctly, clean, checked for damaged sectors.

Make sure the power supply is perfect (poorly connected or damaged cables might fluctuate with some brands) - not so much of a problem for computers, but other non-computer products might not like this.

Next step:

Make sure you don't have other files on your HD, just use the HD for Rekordbox Exports (no PDF, Video, Keynote...etc)

This problem looks like the Rekordbox folder got mixed up with older and newer files.. and then the reference to the correct file will be lost (which is not strange). Which is more like a problem in the procedure than a firmware problem (but this is just a guess - don't shoot me if I'm not correct).

Just trying to help solving problems :-) I think this is better than shouting that everything s&*ks. Just another focus for my energy. Would be nice if this would become general practice ;-).

Fabian 0 voti

Hi Gavin,

I have given a detailed description 3 or 4 times of the error, I have reported it since October - Im not using the CDJ Recordbox analysed, just MP3s straight of the HD.

There has never been an issue with the orginal CDJ 2000, the bug surfaced in September and your engineers have STILL not found the cause of my ongoing frustration with this deck, ive got the same issue with BOTH decks.

Fabian, thats for the advise but considering I only use my SSD for the CDJ, and the same error has happened with 5 different brands of SSD USB HD and SD Card, it think its safe to say there is an error with the Nexus whats not been located.

After my experience with RB in 2010 and 2012 - I prefer not to go anywhere near it !

If your player can't even play MP3s on a standard HD for more than 3 hrs without crashing - there is a serious technical issue. Again, I use the CDJ2000 at the club were I work - and they are fine . No error, no CDJ Crash

I tried Serato in HID on Friday - it worked well on the Nexus, its just a shame this bug - that ive repeatedly complained about since Oct 2012 has not been sorted!

DJccccc 0 voti

Also Gavin ive not received any email unfortunately regards to the issue so im not sure whats happening there

All I know is there is a blatant issue with your player and its about time it got sorted.

DJccccc 0 voti

Im not on this forum 24 / 7 unfortunately  - I come on when i can, I have given a detailed break down of the error a number of times on past posts aswell.

DJccccc 0 voti

Just trying to help, I tried to replicate a crashing Rekordbox.... and.. I succeeded.

I have a few HD with MP3's.

1 HD (500 GB) has perfect MP3's, never had an issue with this HD.

1 HD (1,5 TB) is unsorted and might contain the worst MP3's ever (corrupted, strange bitrates).

I was able to crash Rekordbox with the second HD. Rekordbox crashed multiple times trying to analyze the same MP3. At that moment I thought it was the space of my Macbook Pro, but later on I found out it was the MP3. Unfortunately I deleted this MP3 to see if the analyzing would continue.

Tonight I will give it another try.

How much space do you have available on your Laptops drive? Maybe it's some very large temporary file which drains the free space?

At my Macbook I had something like 5 GB available (which is quite a bit too low I think).

Fabian 0 voti

@Fabian:, DJccccc says he stays away from Rekordbox
The CDJ's are crashing while playing from a normal HD, and than the files are gone.

RamonCC 0 voti

Dear Ramon, it might be related to a corrupt file (or some file with deviating specs). Just see everything as something to check, it might lead to a solution.

Personally I think its better to check than just to say it doesn't work :-).

Sooo I really suspect there is something wrong with the files. Is it possible to pack the files and send them by wetransfer?

If not, there might be some procedure which triggers the corruption. I don't think this is standard as else I might have heard more problems from other people.

Fabian 0 voti

RamonCC has hit the nail on the head, I dont really use Rb to be honest, just a FAT 32 SSD drive, ive used 3 SSDs and 3 Western Digital Passport drives and alll have ended with same issue, its a great shame Pioneer haven't got to the bottom if it !!!

DJccccc 0 voti

Dear DJcccc, are you willing to check some things, or do you hope for some magic that the problem is going to be solved? ;-).

In case you're hoping for magic: I'll be more than willing waiting together with you!

In case you're willing to check some things.. I'll be glad trying to help you as much as I can.

For the second option: do you know the exact version of the Western Digital Passport drive? And please can you post a picture or drawing of your setup.. I'm thinking of a possible problem which I saw before with SSD's....

Fabian 0 voti

@DJccccc > I've emailed you at the aol address you provided as your details on these forums.

Gavin 0 voti

AOL is notierious for Email bounce back unfortunalty Gavin, can you send me a Direct message please with some more please

DJccccc 0 voti

The model is Western Digital my Passport 500gb 2010 Build USB2, these are used in back up circumstances, both of these drives have had file missing issues after 2 - 3 hr sets

I Use a Kingston SSD v200 256GB as my main drive, I also have a back up kingston ssd v100 128gb SSD, both have had the loosing file issue !!

I also use a variety of SD Cards - usually the fault appears on the SD Cards after 4 hrs.

The SD Cards are 128GB SanDisk (FAT 32 SDXC - and have worked for 8 months!)

Also a Verbatim 32GB SDHC  - FAT32 

All have no Rekordbox install and are 320 bit MP3s in files.

There has NEVER been an issue with the Mk1 CDJ 2000 ... Just the Nexus, and it only happens after 2 hrs of use.

EVERY DEVISE !! Its not just SDXC cards, its the SSD and USB HD, its a pain in the ass and happens EVERY Gig I do with the Nexus.

DJccccc 0 voti

The bug also accurred before i used a SDXC and was happening with 2 x SD  32GB SDHC  - FAT32 

DJccccc 0 voti

QUOTE FROM NEARLY 9 MONTHS AGO ...

Fault ... HD seems to crash after 2 to 3 hours of use 

The SSD does NOT require external power, they have been used SUCCESSFULLY and with out any errors since 2010 with my CDJ2000, they performed floorlessly, without error or issue on my MK1 CD2000.

Since I have moved to the Nexus, any HD seems to crash after 2 or 3 hours, files are lost, data seems unreadable and I have to reboot the HD for the CDJ to find the info again.

So far this has now happened with THREE SEPARATE UNITS

Kingston SSD 256gb v200 (2012 Model)

Kingston SSD 128gb V+ (2010 Model)

Western Digital 500gb - My passport.

All the drives run fine, then after 3 hours they "loose or cant access certain folders!" - I am running all HDs without Rekordbox - just straight data that i can analysed and make sure there is no MP3 errors. All MP3s are between 192- 320 CBR Stereo with no VBR - i have copied and read exactly what has been advised in this forum regards to the state of my data - and its as good as it can be - so its not my collection which is causing this !!

The HDS have been reformatted again FAT 32 - as recommended. The wierd thing is MY SDXC - 128GB has performed flawlessly without this crashing issue and all I have done is copy the data from the SSD.

My question to you gavin, if it works on the SD (which remember is SDXC 128GB !! FAT 32) - Why is the Nexus stuggling with the HDs

The power output on the USB is 2.1 ... my HDs are 0.5 and 1.0

Again this is not a power issue, something in the firmware seems to be tripping. I have upto 7 or 8 depth folders, but again ... no issues on the MK1 ... and NO ISSUES on the SD CARD ... On the SAME machines ............. that leads me to think there is ANOTHER firmware issue with the way the USB HD Is set up.

If the same drive can read all the data on the SD ... I really cant understand why I have to reset the HD to get all my tunes back !

==================================================================================================================

DJccccc 0 voti

"All have no Rekordbox install"

i suspect that this is the root of your problem.

are you not using rekordbox or exporting your mp3's using rekordbox at all?

Phil 0 voti

just curious DJcccccc - why did you switch to the nexus from the 2000? by not using any files that have been through rekordbox i can't see a single benefit from switching apart from an improved master tempo...

Phil 0 voti

My initial thought is that the lack of using Rekordbox has something to do with this.

Fuse Promote 0 voti

Or the fact that the music files are MP3.  That could be the problem, too.

Fuse Promote 0 voti

The fact these players are "advertised" to work as a fully functioning Media Player ...  surely means I should be able to have the freedom to do what I want with either Mp3s or Wav or direct WAV Phil

I use a folder format to select my music, I posted extensively about the flaws of RB not been able to analyse an individual music collection on a HD in 2009 and 2010 - my point was not answered to then ... Ive never believed that you have to have you collection on your PC or Mac then to export it. Anyway what I do with my music collect surely is my business, the fact is these players crashed again tonight, is another bone of frustration. 

Another blazingly frustrating point that from Sept 09 - Sept 12 - I had no file issues with the MK1 2000. A far more reliable player.

The Nexus has not worked since day one, if I choose to use RB - I will ... maybe in the future ill review my decison.

Unfortunately Fuse - most music that get sent though on professional club promo labels in the UK comes though on 320k MP3s, so if you can suggest a better way ... maybe you have time to convert each file to a WAV, then fair play to you.

I did want to use RB and would have made the change if the Ipad read and choosing a song from the HD - like the way its able to "manage it" like the Aero, searching and keyboard capabilities like I was told months ago, though this still has not been confirmed or ruled out. I also looked at the SD Card option for the Android app - again the lag times made this unforeseeable  

You are also forgetting slip mode, slip cues, the loop bar (drastically better than the 2000 Mk1), the build quality is better on the Nexus, I had to have my 2000 mk1's platter tightened 4 times as they went loose and out of sink.

There is also the Power of the USB, you can power an Ipad on the Nexus - You cant on the 2000. 

The only pointness feature for me on the Nexus is The Sink Button with I cant use unfortunately as I dont use RB.

The Nexus is a far better machine than the MK1 - but Firmware ... Software & reilablity really let it down.

Now back to my issue - Id love to know when Pioneer are going to come up with a fix, you have all the info ................

DJccccc 0 voti

As simplistic and frustrating as Recordbox can be at times, it just seems that by not using it you are contributing to your own problems on this occasion...

Given that pioneer have enough on their plate getting rb and firmware up to scratch, i doubt they'd spend alot of time trying to investigate something which is outside the supported Rekordbox model

cdjbasile 0 voti

@DJccccc > This forum has no PM feature. What may be a suitable alternative to contact you? The engineers have asked if you would be willing to send your SD card for them to investigate. If you are going to BPM this year I could collect it from you and arrange to send it back to you.

Gavin 0 voti

I might well go up there Gavin, Ive not decided just yet, thank you for trying to find a solution

Do you have a way of messaging in the forum, im quite happy to give you another email address via message - though would prefer not to post it here in a public forum etc.

I have make a call recently to Pioneer UK tech - and left some details there - so I dont know if that would help Gavin. I wouldnt really like to send My USB HD as thats the devise I have all the issues with but Ill see if I can re - create the error on an older SD Card, and then see if I can send that in - I have no prob's with doing that.

Is there an address I could email - so I could arrange this please - it might be best for me to email you etc

Cheers

DJccccc 0 voti

** My USB is my main source of Music - the SD Cards are back ups

DJccccc 0 voti

While every user reserves the right to use these media players in any way they wish I can't help but feel that hiding behind this right is reckless and only hurting yourself. Straight from the Cortex media player I too used to play MP3's straight from the drive and I too used to run into MANY problems which i blamed on the Cortex (which was easy due to its many faults) but unfortunately I later learned in many cases it was the quality of my files combined with bad luck.  There are far too many advantages to switching to a more modern (and I use that term loosely being at this point it is old technology) media solution like Rekordbox, serato, & traktor to list but there is one advantage that is right up your alley in that they greatly reduce the chances of having any compatibility or quality issues being they tell you ahead of time if there are any issues present in the file. I mean I'm really not trying to bring you down but I just do not understand your logic. I understand your right to but is there any other reason/s keeping you from updating your methods? Just to clarify I see what you think think you are missing out on by not using Rekordbox but there is far more in reality that is missed but above all others you are missing reliability & dependability  which I think is pretty safe to say you are absolutely lacking at the moment, no?

Deejay Dave 0 voti

@Deejay Dave: "but above all others you are missing reliability & dependability"

Reliability & dependabilty are not the right words to describe the cdj2000nxs and Rekordbox. :-(

Browsing the HDD directly instead of using Rekordbox is a supported feature. So it should work.

But I think that DJccccc has little chance of getting this issue fixed by Pioneer.

Most likely Pioneer will focus on other problems which affects more users.

But with the current rate of releases which actually fixes things instead of breaking them, DJccccc does not stand a chance...

RamonCC 0 voti