Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Files Order inside Flash Drive (No Rekordbox)

Firstly I'm using no rekordbox and I'm not willing to.

I would like to know how the files get arranged when using USB Flash Drives on CDJs like the 2000.

Like, when I add files to the flash drive I can choose to order of files by date added, size, name etc. Will this order appear on the CDJs? Or the files will be all messed up?

Daniel Gomes de Oliveira

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

14 commenti

I mean, will the pre-established order in the folder remain?

Daniel Gomes de Oliveira 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Unlikely, the cdjs will only be looking for the database for that information,

Whats your beef with Rekordbox? i have been using it for years and it works perfect for me?

Nick Hilton 0 voti

I've used rekordbox and it has way too much bugs and problems. I think the idea is awsome but it's not reliable enough in my opinion.

Well, about the Flash Drive file order, so what order will it be? always alphabetical? I could just get my flash drive and plug to a CDJ-2000 and see....If I had a CDJ-2000 hahahaha

It's a very simple question, but it's also very important for me, because as I use no rekordbox I have to create my own methods for organizing my tracks, and knowing if the order remais or not changes everything.

Daniel Gomes de Oliveira - I completely share your opinion and thoughts

DJccccc 0 voti

Thanks DJccccc, so, anyone knows how the files order works?

Alphabetical then Numerical,

You cannot change this with non rekordboxed files as the menu button doesn't work as it cannot see the database,

i am still missing your reliability issue as i the latest versions are much better that they were in the onset.However i dont see many bugs on the general use of rbx and can only see them in the more detailed aspects of the software,

Nick Hilton 0 voti

Ok so, let me see if I understand. If my file starts with "A" and the Others with "B, C, D, etc" then it will be alphabetical order. But if they start with "1, 2, 3, etc" it will be numerical order. But if there are "A,B,C,etc" AND "1,2,3,etc" the alphabetical will come first. Correct?

So, does anyone has a hint on how do I order my tracks by the "Date Added"?

I can sort it out by myself, but maybe someone has already thought about a clever solution here.

Ok so, let me see if I understand. If my file starts with "A" and the Others with "B, C, D, etc" then it will be alphabetical order. But if they start with "1, 2, 3, etc" it will be numerical order. But if there are "A,B,C,etc" AND "1,2,3,etc" the alphabetical will come first. Correct?

....... Correct..

i have no suggestions for you im afraid as rbx does everything i need.

Nick Hilton 0 voti

Someone here must have dealed with this problem... anyone else??

ok and that alphabetical then numerical order remains for all the CDJs that accept USB flash drives right?

Yes as i physically tested this for you on my decks...

Nick Hilton 0 voti

Thanks Pionix!! thats what I needed! I kinda created a way of organizing my tracks for this alphabetical order.

Thanks guys :D

Whats about using a Fat32-Sorter like drivesort.exe ?!.. Here you can choose a sorting order of the files wihtin the file allocation table ?!

DJ Wile C 0 voti