Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[CLOSED] DJM-900 SRT & CDJ-2000 Nexus

Are there any near future plans or developments I need to know about prior to making the DJM-900 SRT or 2 additional CDJ-2000 Nexus purchases?

I have been burned in the past with the Platinum release months after my nexus purchase and I am a little concerned with the amount of releases coming out with little to no difference between the models. I also see a huge push in the lower models and not so much effort in the Pro arena. Serato, NI, Numark etc are all guilty of this so I am not calling you out.

I am simply seeking guidance from Pioneer (Gavin, Pulse etc.) as to my upcoming purchase.

In a nutshell will there be a SDJ compatible mixer by Pioneer anytime soon EG DJM-2000SRT, DJM-850SRT, etc or a CDJ-2000SRT or CDJ-2000Nexus MKII?

Deejay Dave

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

13 commenti

They would NEVER EVER tell you this info you are seeking.  It's not their in their policy.

walter_white 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@Dave > As like any other tech company, Pioneer do not give advance information of products that may or may not be in development and launched in several months time. At the moment, Pioneer have announced the DJM900SRT and the DDJ-SP1 which will be released very soon.

With that in mind your options are to assess whether the current announcements fit your needs and, if so, buy those which fit your needs or, if not, wait for newer products that may or may not be in development (and this applies for any manufacturer). In any case, good luck with your decision and I hope I was as helpful as I could have been to you.

Gavin 0 voti

I understand and realize how every other tech company operates. The difference here being is There is no other DJ tech company charging the premium I pay when dealing with Pioneer and it seems almost fair to expect above average support because of it. I also never really considered the fact that Pioneer would see them on the same level in any way as other tech companies. If this was in fact happening it would almost seem required to end there. My issue is almost exactly what you (Gavin) state. To assess what BEST fits my needs using my current options is something that couldn't be easier. I CAN work with two gemini POS TT's but I' more interested in what BEST suits my needs while maintaining the cutting edge latest & greatest that I offer to my clients. I know I am a blip on the radar but simply put if I am burnt twice in 2 yrs by the same entity then shame on me so we'll see ho this pans out. You guys got me as a guaranteed returning (high ticket) customer with two additional CDJ-2000 Nexus's, the SRT, as well as the DDJ-SP1. I also have the DDJ-SX, 2 CDJ-2000 Nexus's w nexus mixer ATM. Let's see how log this relationship lasts as I realize I am completely on my own here.

Deejay Dave 0 voti

"Let's see how log this relationship lasts as I realize I am completely on my own here."

You and the rest of us.  We are all alone here.  No support what so ever.

walter_white 0 voti

I sold all my gear when platinum came out too. I had tge nexus tables for two weeks! Now, finally I get the platinun lol. Now all I'm waiting for is gold lol.

lennonpearson 0 voti

yep, soon you will be able to get any color of the rainbow for your pioneer professional gear!  They won't work as they should but hey, at least you got colorful players =)

walter_white 0 voti

"As like any other tech company, Pioneer do not give advance information of products that may or may not be in development and launched in several months time."

This is the biggest nonsense i have ever heard. The biggest companies like Apple and Microsoft and Android even gives hints or at least hints about the development cycle of their products. I sometimes feel that Pioneer are even ready to change the development cycle of your product to not let people know what's coming up ahead. Weak companies that are afraid of the competition that has been created on the market behaves like this, companies that are losing market share behaves like this. Old Pioneer stood genuineness, long lasting products with solid build quality, great support. Hope this reaches to someone.

Reza Sadeghi 0 voti

been around these forums a very long time.  Have had my account suspended indefinitely for speaking about the horrible support and service I have received from Pioneer over the last 3-5 years as they got in to the more advanced products.  It is my opinion that your message wont be heard by anyone with actual power.  This site has become nothing but a regular forum site.  We help each other out where we can.  Not even sure anymore why they have Mods representing Pioneer as they really have no ability to make any changes to the way they deal with customer support.

A while ago I posted that we need better support and suggested they internally look in to this as all the problems we have just leave a bitter taste behind for us and I haven't even gotten an acknowledgment that they have read my request/suggestion nonetheless an opinion.

All pioneer has been concerned with in the last few years has been to flood the market with new products in different colors that don't even work as suggested.  I spent a little over 4K on CDJ2000 nexes' and i use them now as if they were my cdj1000's.  No support what so ever from this company.

I would not recommend to anyone that they invest in Pioneer products any longer until they improve their customer support and service.  Its like I bought a Ferrari with a Kia motor inside but I bet even Kia would have better support than this.

Total BS going on here lately!

walter_white 0 voti

I find all these stories to be unfortunate and NOT what I expected to hear from loyal customers. I will be honest in that I was VERY used to Denon's cue system so I bought one CDJ-1000 and returned it quickly thereafter so I have not had the pleasure of the "good years" with Pioneer and the CDJ-1000/DJM800 days. My first real experience with Pioneer was with the DJM-700 which I loved but there was nothing that could go potentially wrong. Enter the CDJ-900's. Quite honestly not all that bad for my purposes. I used them with SSL HID and I had a great time doing so. Enter the CDJ-900 Nexus, AGAIN had nothing but luck. NOW THE CDJ-2000 Nexus's..................................... ONCE MORE I am having a blast with them and experiencing nothing but success. I am just being honest here guys. I Really would love to join in and say all the bad things I have found with them but I simply can't. I even have tried them every which way I can think of and every configuration I can think of. I use them with Rekordbox, Traktor, SSL, and as of yesterday Serato DJ. Not for nothing but they work seamlessly with SDJ. The Platter vibration issue GONE, the whole system reworked from the ground up. Try it for yourselves. THIS is the way it was meant to be!!

OK La La La I love pioneer Ladi da right?? WRONG. After nothing but good things to say, and truly trying to be helpful & courteous at the same time I can't get a simple reassurance from this DJ Giant that I trust so much. Not so much as a "you have nothing to fear"? At least LIE TO ME!! It seems fitting with all the other stories I am hearing. I know this IS NOT a fair request (to lie to me) but I am seriously paying for the electric over there for at least SOME time. Let me go over this AGAIN for you!!

1.) Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK1 (returned) $1600

2.) Pioneer CDJ-400's x2 $1500

3.) Pioneer EFX-500 $500

4.) Pioneer CDJ-800's x2 (used) $800

5.) Pioneer DJM-700 $999

6.) Pioneer CDJ-900's x2 $2300

7.) Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus $1800

8.) Pioneer DDJ-SX $1,000

9.) Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus's x2 $3900

10.) Pioneer RMX-1000 $600

11.) Pioneer HDJ-1500 $100

12.) Pioneer HDJ-2000 $250

13.) Pioneer DJM-900SRT (Pre-ordered & paid for IN FULL!!) $2200

14.) Pioneer DDJ-SP1 (Preordered & pair for if full) $500 (I think)

15.) Don't get me started with CAR AUDIO!! $Who The F knows$

NOW I am looking to spend another $4000 (was going to be $6500 but you already got the SRT & SP1 for sure out of me) and I can't even get a bit of YES it IS a good idea. I get.................................... figure it out for yourself using what information WE give the consumer. I understand this is marketing and strategy but the strategy SHOULD also include an eye for the loyal and sought after return customers!! I wasn't in retail for long but I can tell you one thing NOTHING is more important than return sales.

All this being said I would like to THANK Pioneer & Serato for making a seamless integration of the CDJ-2000Nexus & SDJ. If THIS is a sign of things to come (along with the DDJ-SX) with Pioneer & Serato DJ I am confident I am with the right company. REMEMBER my issue IS NOT with quality or product support it is with CUSTOMER support. I will buy from you (Pioneer) regardless. Just let me know if I should purchase the Nexus's NOW or wait for a CDJ that is being released within a year.

Deejay Dave 0 voti

The best advise I can give you is one that you might have already though of or looked at on your own.  Go to the Pioneer announcement page and take a look at the date of releases and the figure out the trend.  You will notice that it has changed to a more frequent release of products in that last little bit.  Based on your findings, then consider if you want to purchase new products or wait.  Honestly, now that I have the CDJ2000 NXS, and given how crappy it works compared to what it's suppose to do, I really regret dishing out all that money.  THERE WAS REALLY NO REASON TO WASTE ALL THAT MONEY!  I would have been just fine with something a lot cheaper or even a controller as essentially I am using them as a controller most of the time but needed the CD player as well.

I wish you luck with your decision and hope you don't waste your money on their new products as they will more than likely have horrible SW, FW, and support as well (simply basing this on the trend created by Pioneer over the last few years).

Good luck Dave!

walter_white 0 voti

Dang, am I the only one who is happy with the pio gear? I haven't had many major issues with the functionality at all. Comibg from vinyl to this is like stepping lightyears ahead! I do think some Improvements can be made when it comes to updates, but I feel ut has all been money well spent. As Gavin has said, the gear suites my needs and some!

lennonpearson 0 voti

Don't get me wrong, I love my decks, all that I am pointing out is that I didn't expect to buy the best brand and product on the market to only have issues with it to the point where I have to be scared during every gig that my track will stop playing or my deck will lock up.  To add insult to injury, have the crappiest customer support and service to ago with it.

There is issues with the players that should have been addressed as soon as they were on the retail shelves. My biggest problem though is how Pioneer treats us.  Like many others, I have spent thousands of dollars on their products over the years.  THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY COMMUNICATE WITH US.  I am tired of buying their flagship models and getting crap service. 

walter_white 0 voti

@ Lennopearson. I guess the who actually reading my post was too much to ask? I expressed nothing but good things to say about the products Pioneer makes. I mean I literally went out of my way to explain the technical and how many different ways I am hapy with the gear. Its the support I am having trouble with. Trust me I have no problems with the CDJ-2000 Nexus's but purchasing two more this late in the game when Pioneer has been on such a release crazy war path just seems scary. Since I opened this there has been even ANOTHER release. Simply adding gold to the DDJ-SX.................. WHICH I OWN as well!! Luckily its hideous. Well I mean I do know where these will end up but that is further west of me. I am more interested in any features that I may miss due to dropping anther 4k on players if Pio is planning on a nexus MKII or so. See people aren't quite getting this. I am 100% sure of what SUITS me now I am just afraid so meting will better SUIT me tomorrow Like literally tomorrow with the way these releases are going it's not far fetched.

Deejay Dave 0 voti