Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 follower Segui

[SOLVED] Pioneer Kuvo

Are the Pioneer Kuvo boxes ready for sale?  Google = fail on prices

http://youtu.be/DAyFJ6155Gg 

http://djclubnetwork.com/

MrChukkel

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

14 commenti

The boxes aren't a general end-user product - they'll be installed in pubs and clubs around the world. As I understand it, if you want to fit your club out with the Nexus server you'll need to contact Pioneer.

Gavin 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Yeah I understand its not a general end user piece of kit but NXS-GW hub is portrayed as a general club device, any club, any size.  It seems weird to have to contact Pioneer to buy one.. We don't have to contact Pioneer to buy CDJ's which are in most clubs!

MrChukkel 0 voti

In its current form it doesn't offer much value to a DJ outside of a club setting.

Gavin 0 voti

I haven't said anything about outside a club scene, for underground clubs and DJ's this could really help, it's normally the DJ's that push new equipment in to small clubs, and to justify one of these knowing a rough price would certainly help.. That's all I'm getting at

MrChukkel 0 voti

Ah ok sorry D, I totally get you now. I thought you meant using the equipment at home. Yup, you make a very valid point there. I can only assume the strategy would be to create some key lead users, as is currently happening, and then branch out from there so you may very well see the units in stores at some point - I'm not sure.

Gavin 0 voti

MrChukkell: Since it's a new service we will try to personally support each installation and we want to verify each venue/promoter/broadcaster(festivals, radio stations, as well as clubs can apply). It's not actually for sale as such at the moment, but we may charge in the future, but we will most likely continue in this way. We are still determining the long-term plan for pricing, but basically it's our intention to get as many people on board as possible in the short-term before we start to really market it to clubbers and music lovers. As you can imagine, it's going to take a while to get the infrastructure in place in enough venues and educate the clubs and DJs about how the backend works. We also want to tweak the system and take on board any suggestions to improve before it goes mass market.   

David Eserin 0 voti

When signing up as the "DJ" on Kuvo does it allow you to add music like soundcloud or is this site not for that?

DJ NVASION 0 voti

Sorry guys to be a wet sponge.

Can somebody run me over what this Kuvo actually is, I've just updated my Reckordbox and it piratically forced me to register with this thing so i can put tracks on.

It mentions something about showing the world the tracks you've bought. What exactly is this thing and why are we forced to use it.

wesley j 0 voti