Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

[TICKETED] 2 TB WD Passport USB 3.0 hard drive not working in either one of my 2000 NXS

Sorry I deleted the other post thinking it was a new one I was updating.

2 TB WD passport not working on either one of my CDJ 2000 Nexus'.

I have checked everything there is to check from my end and am asking for Pioneer's help on this.  Given my post had been here for some time and no input from Pioneer Mods, I am basically on stand by until one of you reaches out to me.

-WD passport 2TB USB 3.0

-formatted to FAT32

-bus powered

-5V 2A (as the CDJ claims to handle)

-checked to make sure there is no hidden partition on the HDD

-7 other HDDs and thumb drives of mixture of brands work in both CDJs so it's just this drive

-HDD works perfectly on 2 of my PC's and laptop so its not the HDD

Your help is appreciated.

walter_white

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

40 commenti

Can anyone FW this to the engineers? I really think this is related to the OS or the firmware on the CDJ 2000 NXS.

Once again, this morning, Pioneer tech support said my best bet at resolving this issue is this site.  I have asked them to FW this to the engineers but I am skeptical if it will make it there so Pulse, Gavin, somebody, can you send this to the engineers?

walter_white 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I double checked everything in my setup and looked at the HDD once again and this is not something on my end.

walter_white 0 voti

@walter_white > Does this drive have a dual headed USB for extra power? Does it sound like it is spinning up properly?

Gavin 0 voti

no to dual headed USB cable for extra power and Yes it feels like it's spinning.  I have attached the picture of the drive and a link to it from Costco.

I have also checked power related specs, the drive meets all required specs.  Also, triple checked to see if there is a hidden partition and there is not one. (picture attached).

http://www.costco.ca/.product.10369298.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

walter_white 0 voti

@walter > It does indeed appear that you have everything setup correctly and as it should be. I'm going to ask the engineers if they have any experience with this device and why there may be problems.

Gavin 0 voti

Thanks Gavin. I will be here.  Hopefully they can actually test it our for themselves with the same drive.

walter_white 0 voti

@Walter > The engineers went out and purchased the exact same model drive and tested against what you reported. Unfortunately, they were unable to replicate the issue. Therefore, they are wondering if you would consider sending Pioneer the HDD for testing?

Gavin 0 voti

Hi Gavin, thanks for the update.  I would not have any issues sending it in to Pioneer but I will require some time to get my music off to a different drive.  If I do that, I think I might as well try to format it again one more time and see what happens.  I can update you in the new year.  We had a ice storm here in Toronto and I've been left without electricity for the last 3 days and it looks like it wont be back for another 3 to 4 days so I will most likely get to this in the new year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

walter_white 0 voti

Gavin, I was helping someone here with their USB stick and a light bulb went on for my HDD =)

Can you get the guys who bought the same drive tell you what SW they used to format their drive and also what allocation size they used? Also what format they used of the supported ones. Any info might help.

Thanks

walter_white 0 voti

Hey guys, I've had the exact same problem with my WD 1TB My Passport HDD.  I've done everything from formatting the Hard Drive several times (to FAT32 obviously) using Pulse's recommended 'HP Partition Wizard' (as seen in similar forums), and 'MiniTool Partition Wizard', and yet still no luck.

I even tried updating the firmware on the HDD and also updating the firmware on my CDJ 2000 (non-nexus) to the most recent version v4.30, yet I still haven't succeeded.

When I boot up the CDJ 2000, the error code "E-8307 USB ACCESS ERROR" Appears.  I've also done research as to the cause of this error code and it seems as though it results from the possibility that the drive's settings are set to write protected.  In response to this I researched and have attempted removing the write protection through suggested operations both through Windows 7's 'regedit' and command prompt.  Believe it or not - STILL NO BLOODY LUCK!

I'm running out of options here fellas, please get the engineers to attend to this issue, as I've seen that a lot of people have been having issues with the WD Passport drives (which I personally would have thought work quite well, having used a 3.5"  WD 1TB My Book with my 2000's for the last couple of years.

Some of the suggested solutions that I've tried have seemed to have worked for others, so I'm confident that it can be resolved.

Hope you guys are quite active on this forum, as I really want to get this working and now have no option but to turn to you for further assistance.

I realise the WD Passport drives haven't been as successful in terms of working with the 2000's as other HDD's, but the fact that i've seen that it can work is making me want to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks, hope to hear from one of you soon :)

Paul Antoniadis 0 voti

Ive just brought one of these drives, fingers crossed it works ok !

DJccccc 0 voti

it came formatted in NTSF right? Can you please tell me what you used to format it and any settings you might have seen?

walter_white 0 voti

walter, just an FYI, I do not own these drives but I have seen most issues with the players when my drives are formatted FAT, I format HFS+ and have no issues, with FAT, I get some tracks that don't load due to tag in the file that might be weird yes HFS+ drive loads the same file fine. Weird. Not sure if you have any access to do so but worth a shot if you can

BriChi 0 voti

Great! Thanks BriChi....I still need to get my music off of it one of these days and I'll try that I guess before sending it to Pioneer.

walter_white 0 voti

I loathe WD drives for the very reason they've been questionable with Pioneer players since the CDJ-400!

I just ordered a 4TB Seagate which won't be for use with my CDJs, but I'm going to test it with them all the same.

Pulse 0 voti

OK Great.  I will take my music off in the next 2-3 days and try to address this issue as well.

Welcome back Pulse :)

walter_white 0 voti

So I was just at my friends house to update his drive and show him how to sync lists and have this same drive and issue

Its a WD Mypassport ultra

the error is E-8307 - USB Access error

I have formatted HFS and FAT and as soon as we plug the drive i we get the error

it's a single cable and no way to split it to 2 but it powers up just fine

attached blurry pics of the drive and error

BriChi 0 voti

Sorry the drive I meant to put the music on seems to not have enough space so I will have to buy a new drive tomorrow and transfer everything on to that before I format one more time and possibly ship it to your boys.

I will update this by the end of this weekend for sure.

sorry for the delay.

walter_white 0 voti

Sorry boys, I had a couple of deaths in the family and am just getting back to norm.  I will try my best to follow up on this by the end of the week.

Cheers

walter_white 0 voti

No worries - sorry for the loss. We'll leave this ticket open and revisit in the coming days.

Pulse 0 voti

I have the same problem.  My wd 2 TB has worked fine for 6 months.  I may have unplugged it without ejecting it...now it shows up on 'my computer' but is unable to start-there is no blue bar showing capacity .  I made sure the firmware was up to date, tried it on 3 different USB ports, restarted  computer and went to properties. It said 'unable to start'.  The light is on HDD, disc is spinning.  I have movies on it and no back up...would really like to get it running!  Can anybody help?  THX  

David Begnell 0 voti

I have had conflicting success.

I have a 1TB WD My Passport that works fine and have been using this a little over a year with no issues. However, I've recently bought a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra and cannot get this to work on my CDJ850 (it lights up and spins for a short time they fails). I was kicking myself that i simply bought a HD that cannot be powered by the CDJ however the spec. for the HD is within the requirements stated by Pioneer.  

In light of the above I have bought a further HD that matches my earlier 1TB WD My Passport and which works perfectly on my 2 x CDJ850.  To my surprise I have the same issues as the 1TB WD My Passport Ultra - please help Pioneer; do the engineers have a solution as i see this is a widespread issue?  I can't quite understand why only 1 out of 3 of my HD work when all are similar spec.  I have switched the leads around and even bought a new lead with no joy!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Dan Jefferies 0 voti

If I don't hear any solutions about this, now that my life is back to normal, I will buy another HDD and move my stuff over to that and ship mine to Pioneer.  Gavin, Pulse, where do I ship to and to who?

walter_white 0 voti