Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Segui

[SOLVED] cdj-2000 Driver is not working for both players

Hello,

I'M trying to use Rekordbox as a playing for my cdj-2000 but one of my player is not working proprely.  the driver (where I found on the Pioneer website) can install the 1st player, but not my 2nd player.  I tried the same procedure with 3 different computers (windows) Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP.  Same thing on all of them, the 2nd player can't connect and I saw that the computer was unable to install the player.

I checked everywhere for a windows driver, but it's look like that windows don't need a driver (aggregation like mac).

I was wondering if it's an hardware problem with my player ?  I switch the player 1 to 2 and the opposite, nothing, switch the wire, nothing.

I have the new rekordbox version + cdj 2000 driver.  I bought used players.

thank you for your time & help

Louis

louis

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

29 commenti

if you're using RB, you don't install the drivers, wire everything up via ethernet cables and and link them, you don't use the USB cables and drivers when using Rekordbox

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

Hello,

thank you for the info.

you're right, and I bought an ethernet hub, same problems.

I tried Virtual DJ, with USB cables, RB with the hub and still the same problems.  I just tried Traktor and the same problems  but today the installation on another computer was ok, but the link connection was possible only with 1 player.

honestly I don't know what is going on with my 2nd player.

I hope that somebody will be able to help

thanks

Louis

louis 0 voti

what happens if u hook up just the faulty player to your pc via ethernet? does rb see it?

BriChi 0 voti

but the driver was already installed before trying RB.  I'll try it again, but uninstalled the driver

louis 0 voti

what driver? you don't install drivers to use rb over ethernet with the players 

BriChi 0 voti

because 1st I tried with Virtual dj so I had to install the drivers for the cdj-2000 (I saw that on youtube), one player was working

so I tried with RB, same problems

and my last shot was for Traktor, same problems..the same player was working

thanks

louis 0 voti

right, that I understand but right now the one issue i am trying to help you with is RB to laptop link which does not require anything but 1 ethernet cable from the player to the laptop as a test

also make sure your firewalls are off and that the proper Pioneer files/services are "allowed" to run and and are not being blocked by antivirus software 

BriChi 0 voti

can you post a video of a walkthrough of your setup, and you trying to make it work

BriChi 0 voti

when you plug in the ethernet doe the decks "player number" blinks and and light up indicating it is now plugged in via ethernet?

BriChi 0 voti

Hi again,

ok, I just try it with another computer (windows XP)

I installed the new version of RB only (no cdj-2000 driver) and the player number blinks and light up like you wrote, but I was unable to use the cdj device to play music.  it's normal ??  there's no Asio sound option.

thanks

louis 0 voti

using RB the audio does not work like VDJ or Traktor, the audio come our of the CDJ's RCA outs

BriChi 0 voti

Hi again,

ok, finally I got the link on both players (tried them individually), so I took a song from a usb flash drive and drag it to the (small icon) but I got this message on the player: E-8302:Player Error(C611).  I got the same message for both players.

still trying to solve another problem !

thanks

louis 0 voti

you cannot drag and drop from an external drive to a linked player, you MUST import it into the RB collection first or just plug the usb drive into the player

BriChi 0 voti

unless they changed something, haven't tried it myself, try just dragging a local track into RB, let it analyze and then drop it onto the player link

BriChi 0 voti

yes I import a folder for a test from the flash and after that I drag it to the linked player.  and Igot this error message

louis 0 voti

try dragging the track to the pc first, unplug the flash drive, take the new track ON the pc and drag it into RB and then to the player. I am not sure how RB deals with songs from an external like that, All my music is on my local drive

BriChi 0 voti

ok, I'll try that later tonight and I'll get back to you tonight or tomorrow.

I hope that will work....

thanks for your help

good night

louis 0 voti

great news.  I put the music folder on my hard drive and drag a song and it's working.  now I'll try both players with a USB Hub and check if my player is still working.  

thank you for your help

Louis

louis 0 voti

you would not use a usb hub for this hookup, you need an ethernet switch. The USB has nothing at all to do with anything when using RB

BriChi 0 voti

ok thank you for the information !!  you're super fast.

so if both players are working (individually), it's probably a software problem when I'M using virtual dj ?!

thanks

louis 0 voti

no problem

yes, if the players are individually working through RB then the players are fine. 

Now when using VDJ, thats a whole new ballgame using all usb with a usb hub and doing the connects via VDJ. I personally do not use it so I wouldn't be much help troubleshooting that end

BriChi 0 voti

thanks again for all of your help !!

honestly I'll start using RB and I'll check if VDJ is necessary. I'M not sure if you have this problem but I'm using a USB flash on each player (link) and I have many problems with the music BPM.  when I'M mixing (usually) trance music the bpm is always changing so it's very difficult to get a perfect mix.  

thanks

louis 0 voti

yeah, it might be calculating on the fly, If you analyze everything "normal" in RB and then export to the USB drive, the bpm readout stays steady based on the analyzed info

BriChi 0 voti

great news !!

I'll try that tonight but before I'll buy the ethernet switch.

again, thank you very much for your help and if I'M getting more problems I'll post another message ! :O)

have a great day

Louis

louis 0 voti

Hey,

how are you ?

I'M not sure if you'll read this message, but everything is working so I would like to THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

now, I would like to record my mix and I would like to know if you know a good software (I found audacity), but the record sound is not loud enough.

thank you for your time & help

have a great day

Louis

louis 0 voti

Plenty of guides on how to adjust the input recording levels or boost them after recording available online.

@BriChi - you get a biscuit for your patience. ;)

Pulse 0 voti