Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 follower Segui

Problems with CDJ and Traktor 2.6

When synced to another deck, after transitioning from said playing deck to a new song, if I move the tempo fader on the CDJ at all it makes a HUGE jump in tempo back to its original BPM (or the original +/- where the tempo fader is positioned). 

I've tried traktor in Beatsync mode, and Tempo Sync Mode. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this???? Am I doing something wrong here???

It's also made scratching impossible because the synced song is always trying to find the synced position of the Master track, and it causes problems when transitioning to a new deck that is synced, but has not been made the master. 

Any ideas??????????// NEEDING SERIOUS HELP! I just transitioned from turntables to CDJ's and the $4000 investment has been nothing short of a GIANT pain in the ass. 

Jason Hermes

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

14 commenti

being its based on the Traktor software, Have you asked over there? Using the decks standalone works perfect so I would think this is software related on how Traktor is handling the midi signals, Just my guess though

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

you might be better of asking on the NI traktor forum as these issues seem to be specific to the software, there might be some traktor settings you need to tweak. i'm not sure there's that many people on here who use traktor with 2ks and most would recommend converting your library into rekordbox and exporting to usb/sd/hd to maximise all the features of the decks. you are really missing out by just using them as controllers for traktor IMHO.

if you're using a mac then an app called rekordbuddy can easily convert it all for you. there's a pc version in the works too. all your beatgrids, cues etc port over really easily.

Phil 0 voti

no way??? Phil thats awesome info!!!!

Yeah it feels like I really am missing out big time. 

Tell me this. With traktor I can set 8 cue points. Am I really limited to 3 with the CDJ's? 

Jason Hermes 0 voti

Glad to be of help Jason!
You can set 10 memory cue points per track in rekordbox but you need to manually call these up. You get a countdown (in bars) to the next one if you want to use the cues as marker points.
You also get 3 hot cues that auto load per track that can either be a cue or a loop.

All of these can be set or edited in rekordbox and the player itself.

Phil 0 voti

It's probably because you mix a couple of tracks (with sync on) with a fair bpm difference and don't adjust the pitch slider to compensate for this then when the next track becomes master instead of the software takeover of pitch (which happens when syncing) your left with the actual pitch of the slider on the hardware

cdjbasile 0 voti

Hi Jason,

first advice, make sure you have the latest traktor (2.6.8).  If you are using the CDJs in HID mode (directly connected to their USB ports) you might need to have the very latest traktor.

I have used traktor on the cdjs only a few times, but the behavior you describe seems quite strange to me as well. A first step you could try would be to remove the cdj mappings from your traktor setup, launch the wizard and install them again.

Anyway you'd better ask in the Traktor forum.

Julia O 0 voti

Totally agree. I actually went down the Native Instruments Forum road and submitted a share ticket (that was about 4 months ago) and never heard anything back. The forum was actually nothing but people telling me how much of a dipshit I am (weird right i now)......So I came to the Pioneer site. You've all been very helpful so I really appreciate everything. 

I actually gave rekord box a shot last night and freaking love it!!!!!!!! Though rebuilding my library and setting all my cues and loops has been pretty tedius I have a feeling it will be well worth it when I'm done. 

BTW.....Does anyone on here use a MIDI controller with the CDJ's???? How can I get some of the traktor type effects now that I'm just using CDJ's by themselves?? 

Jason Hermes 0 voti

Jason there is a program called RekorBuddy that converts the tractor library and data into Rb for you

BriChi 0 voti

Yes, get RekordBuddy, it costs only a few dollars and will save you a lot of time http://nextaudiolabs.com/

If you want the effects using only CDJs the solution is to have a mixer with effects or an external effects units. I do not know if Traktor or other DJing software can apply the effect to an external audio stream coming through an audio interface or they can only apply it to the music coming from the DJing software.

Julia O 0 voti

Anyway, if you want to keep on using traktor and avoid this weird bpm jump you can use it without the automatic sync. Use it as you would do with the cdjs only: move the pitch fader of the cueing track to go to the same bpm of the playing track, then line up the beats by ear and/or looking at traktor's phase meter. I guess the jump in bpm might be caused by the sync lock engaging/disengaging.

Julia O 0 voti

I think you're totally right. I've been messing with the CDJ's and USB Stick now and its pretty bad ass. 

Is there a way to see the info of a track (BPM, KEY, ETC) before playing it from the CDJ decks? 

Thats half the reason why I like traktor so much,  because I can see the track info so detailed pretty much without scrolling around before hand. 

The first time really messing around with the CDJ's last night was great, but it was really tough sifting through random tracks on my usb until I could find a mixable song/key. 

Jason Hermes 0 voti

" Is there a way to see the info of a track (BPM, KEY, ETC) before playing it from the CDJ decks? "

yes. you can specify a custom second column on the cdj display in the rekordbox prefs (it's on one of the tabs in the export section) you could pick bpm, key, artist etc, it's up to you. if you've analysed the key in MIK or rekordbox, the cdj will automatically suggest all harmonically compatible tracks in your playlist with a green symbol (i think).

you can also choose to order your playlist in ascending key, bpm, alphabetical, genre or whatever you want by right clicking the column in rekordbox and selecting 'renumber track order'. you'll need to do this on your usb playlist (not the main library) for this to take effect immediately on the usb.

the system is pretty flexible and customisable. whilst reading manuals isn't the most exciting thing to do, it's definitely worth a look as there's a lot of things you can do that aren't immediately obvious.

Phil 0 voti

As Phil says, you can set the second column to use for instance the key, and it will be coloured in green if it's compatible with the song on the other deck.

But I also agree with Jason, the information that you can see on the CDJ screen while scrolling the playlist is pretty poor compared to Traktor. For me it would be good to see in the playlist name of the track, bpm, key and star rating, all without pushing the info button to go back and forth.

Julia O 0 voti

Thanks for the kind word Julia, glad you like the app :)

Damien Sirkis 0 voti