Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 follower Segui

[SOLVED] CDJ2000NXS In/Out Loop BUG

every now and then, when setting a quantised loop using the in/out buttons the loop is created slightly too short. it's like there is a small glitch and the new loop plays slightly out of time. it's enough to cause a partial train wreck within a mix and should not be happening. 

it doesn't happen every time, perhaps once in every 10 or 15 times, sometimes more, sometimes less. it's quite easy to replicate with two tracks of the same tempo and pitch lock activated.

it is not a beat grid issue as i've tested the same tracks with sync on and there are never any glitches or problems with the loops, they work as expected.

Phil

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

46 commenti

It's Pioneer's 'dirty little secret' Jack, their top of the range players don't loop properly...

Phil 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

So there is no fix for this at all? So glad I spent basically £2000 on something that has a fairly major problem in my opinion! Lol

Jack Baker 0 voti

Apparently not Jack, judging by the 'official answer' from Pulse. Very disappointing...

Phil 0 voti

Pulse any update on this matter? It's been two years now, please? Anyone solved this problem? I just recently bought my CDJ 2000 Nexus + DJM900 and shortly after experienced this issue.. it's really annoying, having a loop really helps me out in some transitions.. 

Kim Nickius 0 voti

Basically it is a hardware design issue which cannot be fixed.
I always used sync and had the same problem regularly.

Have you tried the latest Rekordbox? I had a quick play on it in a shop and it seemed to be an improvement, but I sold all my Pioneer gear so cannot give it a proper test, I had to solve the problem by buying all Traktor hardware.

Tom Field 0 voti

I see, i have the latest version of Rekordbox on my computer, but i only use it to analyze my tracks.. do you reckon it's more useful to have as a live thing when i dj?

Kim Nickius 0 voti

The version of RB I tried looks and behaves like Serato and I'm guessing it moves all the audio processing away from the CDJs and onto your computer.
If the loop is created by the software on the computer (which only has 1 clock) it should be solid and accurate.
The loop issue goes away when using the CDJs as HID controllers for Traktor, but they need to be in Vinyl mode which I don't particularly like.

Hope one of them suggestions sorts it out for ya 

Tom Field 0 voti

I just continue like this, maybe something to consider in the future.. I don't like to be dependant on a laptop, i bought really expensive gear and might aswell master the errors somehow.. 

Kim Nickius 0 voti

They are useable playing from USB sticks, and on the + side you will get plenty of practice on the jog wheels lol

If you are worried about damaging your laptop, you can download an app (for Mac) called Caffeine which forces your Mac to always stay awake and function.
Then you can plug it in to the CDJs, close the laptop and tuck it away somewhere safe.

Tom Field 0 voti

Are you saying that i can just analyze them to a usb stick and go? or do i have to have a computer connected? 

Kim Nickius 0 voti

Need the computer connected, if you use the USB stick you will still have the problem.
Its the digital clocks in the CDJs which are apparently out of sync.
Unlike every other 'professional' piece of audio equipment, Pioneer saved a few $ by not not including a digital wordclock output which I guess would have solved the issue.
You need the computer to create the loop, not the CDJ.

Hopefully they have found a fix by playing from the laptop.
I prefer the laptop myself, nice big screen to scroll through the tracks after a few drinks :-)

Tom Field 0 voti

@Tom > Name another DJ product which features a wordclock.

Pulse 0 voti

@Pulse > I thought about that straight after posting, but was too lazy to log back in and edit it lol.

Tom Field 0 voti

Having Pulse replying to a random guy rather than the actual problem just leaves me with a decision to never buy any Pioneer products in the future.

As this problem still occurs even though their product lied about it

"**Improved Quantize: **Quantize uses the track’s beat grid to ensure loops and cues are set and triggered in time with music, with 100 per cent accuracy. And DJs can now access Quantize via its own dedicated ON/OFF button."

Theres been so many topics about this and there is still no fix.
I don't work with sync and paying 7000 USD for dj equipment that left me disappointed is a lifetime lession. I am really disappointed. 

Maybe if the problem gets solved by a firmware i'll give this a second chance.. But theres been so many years and still no fix.

Does this problem exist on even more expensive CDJ 2000NX2? 

Kim Nickius 0 voti

@Kim > As previously posted:

Some gaps may occur depending on the different precision level of clocks embedded in the CDJs / DJMs. Unfortunately it is impossible to eradicate all the small gaps even through firmware updates. If you really want to have no gap in the loop length, please use the sync feature, which was engineered to avoid such gaps caused by different clock time between CDJ players.

There is no additional information available, thus no updates from me. I didn't "reply to some random guy" - someone asked a question on this post, I answered.

Pulse 0 voti