It could simply be the export database on your USB device is corrupt and requires that you format the drive and re-export. Does it happen with multiple devices?
[SOLVED] Search bug, in CDJ 900 NEXUS
So when using the "search" tool, you get up your alphabet to scroll through and so on.
I have no problem with this, it's not too much different to the strip bar on the 2000nxs...
However, after selecting the letter you want, it often freezes and says "please wait" with a spinning circle thing. This never ends.
The only way to get it off, is to press back, then go back into search again and choose your next letter.
This takes too long.
Can it be fixed? Do any of the firmware updates sort this out?
Il post è chiuso ai commenti.
Hi Pulse, yeah I've tried with a few different USB's.
What exactly do you mean by export database?
The search functionality is completely fine with 2000nxs in the clubs, but with these it's really laggy and keeps freezing.
When you export tracks to a USB device, it creates a library (database) file on the device from which the player can seek when looking up waveforms, track info or searching. It's possible that the export database has some damaged data, either from removing the USB drive improperly or by updates from rekordbox 2.x to 3.x. Even if you think you've erased the drive by deleting files, the database folder is hidden and wouldn't be removed. A surefire way to guarantee a fresh export is to format the drive -- twice -- then give it a unique name that you hadn't used before. Example, if you previously named it "JoshUSB," try naming it "DJJosh." (without any punctuation, of course)
The other possibility is you're simply using low quality USB drives or drives with problematic control chips. Can you post the make and model of the drives you're using?
Also, when you're experiencing the lag, is it on the player which has the USB drive connected to it, a linked player or both?
Thanks for trying to help me on this.
Have you never had this issue before? I could imagine it being the same on any 900nxs, with anybody's USB stick. Just seems really buggy.
I just checked again. It's the same either linked or direct. Doesn't matter what USB stick I'm using. These are Kingston Ultimate Data Traveller, 128gb 3.0, and a 64gb DTSE9, also by Kingston.
The 128gb one is totally new and freshly formatted, with a new name and everything to the last one I had (which I lost last weekend), so it will be nothing to do with them.
It seems like a total bug to me, even the 'wait' circle is all glitchy, with lines through it...and it just never leaves no matter how long you wait. As I said, you enter a letter, then start scrolling to the next and it just freaks out and this circle comes up.
You can hit enter again, and a random letter will come up and it'll start responding again, or you can hit 'back' and then return into the search thing again, in order to continue.
Either way, it will just do exactly the same again, and most likely before you've finished typing in what you're looking for.
It's just a real pain, because I need to find and change tracks quickly with the style I play.
I attached an image of the glitchy wait circle.
Please let me know of any more suggestions :]
This is really annoying. Still happening.
So ridiculous after paying £2000 for the damn things.
Also the lack of a dedicated 'back' button drives me insane, especially when you happened to choose the wrong letter due to the bugginess...and then have the mammoth task of tying to get to the little back symbol on the alphabet.
That certainly is a bug -- the photo helped. I've opened a ticket with our engineers to see if they can address it or if they need more info.
Ok, thanks Pulse. Keep me posted.
If you're subscribed to this thread, you'll get an email notification when a reply is made -- as soon as I have an answer from the engineers, I'll post here!
@Josh > Sorry, I missed updating this thread after the firmware update was released Feb. 17th - among the fixes for that update:
- Fixed an issue where track selection using the alphabetical search is not available and the "waiting circle" is continuously shown.
Thanks mate, no problem.
Fortunately, I checked to see if there had been any upgrades on the day it was released. Very good timing! So yeah I've had the update since it came out, and it has been working much better...so thanks for that! It helps to be able to search for the track you want, without the whole thing freezing every time, but it should never have been a problem to begin with!
Now I just need the headband from my brand new Pioneer HDJ C70 headphones to unsnap itself, and maybe I won't be so angry with Pioneer.
@Josh > I hear ya, but not everyone was having that bug so it would seem they finally found the unique circumstances which caused that glitch! Glad to hear it's working for you.
As for the headphones, sorry to hear about that! If they're new, contact Pioneer tech support (via the links at the right), they may replace them for you.
I'm going to close this topic; if you need further support with the search issue or the CDJ-900 in general, create a new topic and link back to this one. If you need further help with the headphones, pop a post over in the headphone section and I'll help ya there.