Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 follower Segui

[CLOSED] Rekordbox Link CDJ-2000 Nexus not working

0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety before posting: Yes

1) Operating System: OSX 10.93

2) OS Type: 64bit

3) Rekordbox version: 2.2.4

4) Using LINK: Yes

4a) LINK Connection method: Apple Airport Extreme 

4b) Using with CDJs: CDJ-2000 Nexus

5) Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: HFS+ on MacBook Pro + Thunderbolt Hard Disk 

5a) Does the device have multiple partitions: No

5b) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: N/A

5c) With what utility did you format the device: OSX

6) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes, Disk Utility

7) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes, Disk Utility

8) Is Rekordbox crashing at all: No

8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: N/A

8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: N/A

9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes

9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes

10) Any other notes regarding your setup only: Also one DJM-900 Nexus on the network.

Provide as much detail of the issue here:

2x CDJ 2000 and 1x DJM 900 nexus are all connected, the link will appear and show up on Rekordbox (Macbook Pro Retina 2014) and also on CDJ-2000 Nexus, the CDJ recognises Rekordbox and the music in it but just won't load up anything (see attachment) Also each time i drag a song into one of the cdjs in Rekordbox (Macbook) i get an error message on the CDJ's that say 'Media Or File Is Collapsed Or Unavailable' below it says, 'E-8302 Cannot Play Track (C658)'  as i said before when entering the Rekordbox mode on the CDJ, it sees my MacBookPro, amount of songs and playlists but does not see any tracks, and yes i can play all of the tracks in rekordbox (Macbook) none of them are missing.

i have tried other MacBook's / iMacs from other friends with Rekordbox on it with the same settings osx on the same networks and that works FINE... 

Any input would help. Thanks

NanoxFifty

Il post è chiuso ai commenti.

44 commenti

2 things I would start with are:

1. Make sure the wireless is off on the laptop, reboot the laptop, airport and all the equipment, try again

2. Make sure the file is located where RB says it actually should be, that error almost sounds like the file was moved or deleted on the laptop but RB still thinks its in its old location. 

Have you tried exporting a few tracks to a usb drive and see if that works throughout both players in the link?

Also maybe import a new track to RB, let it analyze, and then drag it to a player, that will at least confirm its in the right location at the present time

BriChi 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

@BriChi thanks for your reply !

Tried it all as you said but not working at all, hope someone else can help me out !! 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

have you tried plugging the cdj right into your laptop via ethernet to see if at least one deck works bypassing the airport to make sure thats not your issue? 

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi to bad the new macbook pro's retina doesn't have an ethernet port.... ! but tried it with another macbook pro same model same year/osx/settings and then it works perfect. problem is thats its not my laptop with my music library :-( 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

@BriChi Yes ! it also works wireless with other MacBooks / iMacs on the same network

NanoxFifty 0 voti

you sure the files are where RB thinks they "should" be? thats the only thing that would make sense to me at this point.

Are the tracks on an external drive or local on the macbook?

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi

yes im sure... if i click on it it will play in rekordbox (macbook) 35% is on local drive macbook (all my latest music) and 65% is located on external drive (older music) and yes the external drive is plugged in (thunderbolt) aswell - btw there is no firewall on or anything else what can block the connection  

NanoxFifty 0 voti

Someone please correct me if I am wring (being I store all my music locally) but I don't believe you can drag and drop music from the external to the players using the RB LINK (even though Rb internal player plays them fine) 

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi - im having an iMac available right now with Rekordbox installed and will try it ... 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

awesome, let me now how you make out. definitely try it with tracks copied locally, maybe to a desktop folder as a test, drag them into RB, let them analyze and then try loading into player

BriChi 0 voti

@BriChi yes it is working on another iMac/MacBook (drag music from external to the players using RB link) so thats not the problem, anyone else ? any input would help ?

NanoxFifty 0 voti

last resort, buy a ethernet adapter for the macbook and hardwire in, i wouldn't trust the wireless either way

BriChi 0 voti

i will buddy, thanks - maybe other people have the same problem, i hope pioneer has a solution for me ?

NanoxFifty 0 voti

Are the tracks IN your rekordbox library? I'm asking because you say you drag-and-drop from the external drive to the players...

Pulse 0 voti

@pulse 

yes !! all in rekordbox library !!!!! i mean drag en drop files from external hd stored in rekordbox library ;-) 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

could you possibly record a video with your phone of everything you are doing and post it here? sometimes its better to see everything, the steps, files, etc....

BriChi 0 voti

here's the video of my issue, as you can see it sees the amount of songs / playlist - but i can't get in to the files ....

and yes (third video) if i use another (same model) macbook / imac computer on the same wifi network then it works !?

NanoxFifty 0 voti

well my last shot at this without physically being able to be there is

1. on your mac, check to see if any firewalls are turned on

2. do you have any kind of antivirus software running? if so disable it

3. if you haven't already, ignore the external all together as a test, just take a file on your desktop, drag it into RB and then drag to players

4. Like we talked about already, buy a ethernet adapter and avoid the whole wireless thing altogether for RB

5. try another wireless router if available, maybe borrow from a friend or buy a new one from a local place, test and then return it if you want

BriChi 0 voti

1/2 - no firewalls at all and no antivirus programs, exactly the same ios/settings (model year) of the imac ive tried on - when it worked.

3 - not working

4/5 - i will and let you know, thanks for your help.

if anyone has the same issue or does know what can help, please let us know :-)

NanoxFifty 0 voti

I think the issues here may be related to 10.9.3, but I'll have the engineers see if they can provide any answers.

Pulse 0 voti

Thanks @Pulse that would be great !!!!...  ive also tried to make another user-account with a fresh new empty rekordbox but didn't worked also same issue, also checked the directory settings (read/write) but they were fine. 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

small update guys, i bought an usb ethernet adapter same issue not working and ive also tried another router same issue not working !...

like Pulse said it may be related to my mac or iOS 10.9.3, weird thing is my imac or others ive tried has the same version, hope the engineers can find something to sort this out !

NanoxFifty 0 voti

i found someone on djtechtools forum - who had the same sort of issue almost a year ago (older version RB) and he said i should try to uninstall Rekordbox and install the previous version (I think this could be an old update now) and update my cdj2000(nexus) which is already updated - he said totally uninstall Rekordbox from your Mac.

I don't really feel that - i have more then 5k songs in it and lots of playlists and did put months of work in it to sort everything how i want it, this means i have to sort everything again right ?....

NanoxFifty 0 voti

Even tried it with the new rekordbox 3.0 and still having the same issue ! :-( 

NanoxFifty 0 voti

thanks pulse, just tried it - and again not working same issue.

NanoxFifty 0 voti

Dear pioneer; I have the same Error  'Media Or File Is Collapsed Or Unavailable' below it says, 'E-8302 Cannot Play Track (C658)'

since I upgraded to Rekordbox 3.0; I have A 2xcjd2000nx and DJM-2000 setup the files are located on an external NAD; Im able to play everything in Rekordbox on my linked computer, I can see all the tracks on the CDJ-2000s but am not able to play them on the deck.

It worked fine with previous versions; It still works with previous version 2.2.4. Now I'm completely frustrated because I'd like to use rerodbox 3.0..

It must be a software thing, plz fix it in the firmware.

M P Stienstra 0 voti