Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 follower Segui

Pioneer CDJ 900 Nexus & Traktor setup

I just can't seem to connect these two.

I did everything as said in a youtube tutorial.

I launched the CDJ aggregator. I also made a new device in Mac audio/midi configuration.

So when I go in Traktor then I select the new device as audio output.

As for output routing, I click external. Then I should normally be able to select for deck a 0 and 1, and for b 2 and 3.

But when I have only 1 cdj connected, I can select for that deck. As soon as I plug in the other CDJ too, it all dissapears and my options can only be front right, front left.

What can I do?

Thanks

margauxjerome

Accedi per aggiungere un commento.

36 commenti

You need to start with both CDJs connected - you can't start the software with only one CDJ, as the aggregate would only have one audio device. Adding the second one later doesn't work.

Pulse 0 voti
Azioni per commenti Permalink

I tried it both ways, still no luck.

When  I use CDJ aggregator & select this device as audio setup, I don't have an output routing. See in attachment. 

margauxjerome 0 voti

I also haven't been able to select the deck on my cdjs, only connect to pc...

margauxjerome 0 voti

Your aggregate device is appearing properly; select 1&2 for deck A and 3&4 for deck B.

If your CDJs are in standard MIDI mode, you need to change them to Advanced HID mode... and you need to be running a version of Traktor greater than 2.5.

Pulse 0 voti

They are now in CONTROL MODE - USB MIDI

How do I change them to advanced hid? This is not an option in MENU / UTILITY

Traktor is version 2.7.3

margauxjerome 0 voti

Sorry, I don't have a CDJ900nexus on hand to test but after looking through the manual it would appear they don't have the HID mode setting on that model.

I just double-checked on the HID status and it would appear Native Instruments has yet to include the CDJ-900nexus as an HID controller anyhow. You'll just have to use the MIDI mode - ensure that each deck has a different MIDI channel selected within the UTILITY, I recommend 1 & 2.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok I made one deck midi channel 1 and the other 2.

But still... I can't select a traktor deck on my cdj, it just usb midi. When I put a song in traktor in a deck, it does not correspond with my CDJ.

margauxjerome 0 voti

Okay, simply selecting the MIDI channel on each deck won't accomplish the end-result of having two CDJs controlling the software! Have you run the hardware setup wizard? I can't recall 100% if it does, but it may configure the controllers for you. If not, you might have to load the CDJ-900nexus TSI mapping file and create a second copy of everything for the "other deck."

Pulse 0 voti

That output routing will be fine for the audio output -- now you need to configure the controls (as above).

Pulse 0 voti

I just looked and apparently there is no TSI file?! from Pioneer for the CDJ-900nexus. You should try using the hardware configuration wizard, found under the help menu.

Pulse 0 voti

There is also no 900 Nexus option in the hardware setup...

margauxjerome 0 voti

Fancy that. lol - try selecting just the CDJ900 or the CDJ2000nexus if you have problems with the CDJ900 mapping.

Pulse 0 voti

Both no luck.. 

Is it actually possible that Traktor works with CDJ 900 NXS?

margauxjerome 0 voti

So any idea how I could put in the file?

Or maybe I should just connect my DJM 750 with my Macbook? 

margauxjerome 0 voti

No - you need to IMPORT from the bottom of the settings window - not where you have shown in the screenshot. Once you have loaded that TSI file, you do not need to run the hardware wizard.

Pulse 0 voti

Hey, so I did that and now OK, I can press play and there's sound but most functions don't work.

I can't scratch, I can't press sync,... And I still can't select a deck. It's just LINK USB MIDI.

margauxjerome 0 voti

You won't be able to select a deck - all of those settings are done within Traktor. If you assign a deck to send signal on MIDI channel 2, any assignments you make within Traktor for a MIDI CH2, will respond according to those controls. You would have to assign the same controls for MIDI CH1 but for a different virtual deck. I recommend deck A = CH1, B = CH2, etc.

If the guy who created the TSI file for the CDJ900nexus did not include full control for that deck, you will need to modify it yourself under the MIDI mappings of Traktor.

Pulse 0 voti

GOOD NEWS!

Effective today with the Traktor 2.8.0 release, the CDJ-900nexus is supported for HID! No need for a TSI, no need to update firmware or drivers, just get the latest Traktor update and away you go!

Pulse 0 voti

Traktor 2.8.1 still not working properly with CDJ900nxs ,when you connect 2 CDJs both works together as one and sound coming from one channel of the mixer setup on windows

Any Idea why ?

upul herath 0 voti

I just can't seem to connect these two.

I did everything as said in a youtube tutorial.

I launched the CDJ aggregator. I also made a new device in Mac audio/midi configuration.

So when I go in Traktor then I select the new device as audio output.

As for output routing, I click external. Then I should normally be able to select for deck a 0 and 1, and for b 2 and 3.

But when I have only 1 cdj connected, I can select for that deck. As soon as I plug in the other CDJ too, it all dissapears and my options can only be front right, front left.

What can I do?

Thanks

Got the same issues on windows  even when you connect 2 CDJs sound coming on one channel on the mixer

upul herath 0 voti

With me when I start up Traktor and do setup wizard: pioneer CDJ 900, it works fine... With both their own sound.

margauxjerome 0 voti

@upul > If you open Traktor with only one CDJ connected, the aggregate device can't launch and can't be established and used after Traktor is open, so you need to have both devices connected THEN launch Traktor.

Pulse 0 voti

Ok Tried that no luck ,,,has any one out there tried the actual CDJ900nxs and DJM900nxs with new traktor 2.8.1 update on a windows 64bit 7 home premium laptop

please tell me how to set up

Regards  

upul herath 0 voti

@upul > Chances are you're now running the 64bit version of Traktor, which won't work because the drivers are 32bit.

Follow these directions to get things working until such time as 64bit drivers are released:

1. Go to "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2”. In this folder you will find the current 64-bit version of TRAKTOR PRO called “Traktor.exe”. Please rename this to “Traktor64.exe” so that you have a backup of this version.

2. Open the “x86” subfolder. You will find another “Traktor.exe” inside. This is the 32-bit version of TRAKTOR PRO. Please move or copy this application up one sub-folder to the "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2” folder.

3. Now launch this newly copied “Traktor.exe” - this will now be the 32-bit version of TRAKTOR PRO.

Open Traktor and you should be able to configure things as needed. In the case of Windows, you can't aggregate, so you'll need to run ASIO4ALL.

Pulse 0 voti

Thank you for the steps and explanation I will try this tonight ,do I have to down load any other drivers for this set up ?I got all my firm ware up to date on both CDJ 900 nxs and DJM900nxs

Best Regards  

upul herath 0 voti