0) Have you read the "READ ME FIRST" thread in its entirety AND TRIED THE SOLUTIONS THERE before posting:Yes, I swear it!
1) Operating System: OSX 10.6.8
2) OS Type: 64bit
3) rekordbox version: 3.2.1
4) Using LINK: NO
4b) LINK Connection method: N/A
4c) Using with CDJs: CDJ 2000 NEXUS / Ver 1.06
5) Source Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: Mac OS Extended (journaled)
5b) Connection type: USB2.0 /
5c) Does the device have multiple partitions: No
5d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No
5e) With what utility did you format the device: OSX
6) Export Hard drive / Flash drive / SD card file system: FAT32
6b) Connection type:USB2.0
6c) Does the device have multiple partitions: No
6d) If it's a flash drive, is it a U3 device: No
6e) With what utility did you format the device: OSX
7) Have you scanned your files for errors: Yes
7b) Have you scanned your drive for errors: Yes
8) Is rekordbox crashing at all: No
8a) If crashing, is it resulting in: n/a
8b) If not crashing, are there any error messages: No
9) Are you able to repeat / reproduce the problem: Yes
9a) If yes, can you do it consistently: Yes
10) Does the problem occur with one specific song: No
10a) If yes, please post a link to it:
11) Any other notes regarding your setup only:
12) Provide as much detail of the issue here:
Basically, trying to do a update of my CDJ 2000 NEXUS firmware and when prompted to put the USB with the latest firmware on into the USB slot nothing happens. The screen just says ''Insert USB into top USB slot' and nothing else. I have tried various USB devices, even bought a new USB. Watched every video online there is, spent days on forums looking for solutions. This is far from great, really disappointed and frustrated and desperate for help.
My external HDD works fine on both players, so it's not a problem with either of the players USB slots.
I phoned Pioneer who advised I use Windows to format my USB with the firmware. But, I'm not going out and buying a PC just so I can update my CDJ firmware. I don't know anyone with a PC so I'm stuck. What is causing this.